• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a wild 3 days. Storms rolled thru friday night and rocked us hard. I didn't lose power luckily but most of Richmond did. My parents got power back yesterday just in time for another round of storms to come through again and knock it out. I lost power at my house from that set as well but just for the night. It was back on at 5 am at my house. Trees down everywhere. 100ft Oak trees uprooted, trees snapped in half, twisted and splintered where we had a tornado touch down. Just crazy.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a wild 3 days. Storms rolled thru friday night and rocked us hard. I didn't lose power luckily but most of Richmond did. My parents got power back yesterday just in time for another round of storms to come through again and knock it out. I lost power at my house from that set as well but just for the night. It was back on at 5 am at my house. Trees down everywhere. 100ft Oak trees uprooted, trees snapped in half, twisted and splintered where we had a tornado touch down. Just crazy.

I hope you guys are staying safe (and cool.) I heard in some areas up that way they are expecting the power to be out until atleast the 5th. That's a long time with no air conditioning.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah everyone i know is safe. Went driving around today and some people will be without power for a few more days by the looks of things. So many trees down on the lines

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent the weekend with some friends on the eastern shore of Maryland so I missed all the fun and excitement. I just got home and power (and A/C) was running, had a few limbs down but no damage thankfully. I did talk to a neighbor and they said we lost power for about 14 hours after the storm.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like all of that shit that hit you guys the other day, is barreling towards me at the moment. :drama:

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So who got fucked up by the derecho (wind storm) that hit Ohio, WVA, VA, and DC last night? Pretty much my entire town is without power except my neighborhood. Go me! Air conditioning is awesome.

Just got power back here near Baltimore after 50-something hours. Beat the shit out of last year's Iraqi summer adventure, but you couldn't tell my wife and the Dogue de Bordeaux that. The Chihuahua just thought she was "back" in Mexico.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys are staying safe (and cool.) I heard in some areas up that way they are expecting the power to be out until atleast the 5th. That's a long time with no air conditioning.

I still don't have power at my house. Upstairs inside is literally 110+ degrees. I've been crashing at buddies places for the last 2 nights. It's miserable.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Powhatan was thankfully absent in all of this. We got a little wind and barely any rain all week. Every system largely went around us on both sides. We cleaned up some minor brush in the yard, and the road into town had some relatively minor debris already cleared. Cable went out (Comcast's "hub" is coming from Richmond) over the weekend, but electric was always going. Lucky to have moved further away from the city just in time. I'm sure we'll get our share eventually. Hope everyone is getting back to normal soon.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got some pretty strong ones that rolled through, few trees down in the area, a couple of water spouts reported, managed to keep power, thankfully...had another pretty strong one rolling through early this morning

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no power for me, it went out Friday night, and came back on Saturday around 1pm. Then, when we got back home from a pool party around 9:45, it went out again and has been out since. They are saying Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest. It especially sucks when just 1/2 mile down the road everyone else is chilling in their A/C.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no power for me, it went out Friday night, and came back on Saturday around 1pm. Then, when we got back home from a pool party around 9:45, it went out again and has been out since. They are saying Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest. It especially sucks when just 1/2 mile down the road everyone else is chilling in their A/C.

damn dude, that sucks...try to keep cool!...go back to wherever you were for that pool party and just stay close to the pool until you get power back:D

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never lost it, but since I am in the 757 I am going to assume that Mike London prayed over the area and my house was spared...

Sucks for all those that don't have AC and Power I feel for you...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ive been out looking at damage most of the day and am truly surprised at the number of old trees that were lost during this storm.

I wonder how the old oaks in "stadium woods" made out?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been out looking at damage most of the day and am truly surprised at the number of old trees that were lost during this storm.

I wonder how the old oaks in "stadium woods" made out?

:hand: Those woods are indestructible.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home and thankfully power has been restored. It is going to wonderful to sleep in my own bed tonight. AEP catches a lot of shit sometimes, but those men are busting their ass to get power back.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout damn time the power comes back on! Jesus christ.

So what did I miss since Thursday?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Nick Dew is pretty upset. Not mad upset, disappointed upset. Wishes he would have done more. Kid is still all VT fwiw so there won't be any bad blood.

Didn't know what thread to put this in.