• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda think the trees should stay. I'm not really a fan of Tech's most recent building expansion where it seems they are just throwing up buildings anywhere they can possibly fit one like its a Tetris game

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read in the Collegiate Times that these trees are important to the environmental sciences department or something because they are old and are good for research? It's totally random; just figured I would play devil's advocate.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my team members found this on one of the computers in our Ware Lab bay.
3N8bX.png

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech football spring practice: A few high-profile recruits visit Hokies - Hokies Journal - The Washington Post

At the bottom you can move between each days articles. they are pretty good.

"On an unrelated note, if you’re a fan of helmets, the Hokies debuted a new camouflage helmet that will be worn against Bowling Green on Sep. 22 as part of military day at Lane Stadium. Here's a grainy photo of the helmet that I took on my cellphone."

Link to his twitter account is in the article

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take the trees down. this isn't avatar, people. there isn't an entire civilization living in them. football success > trees.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God that's right. Joe Paterno died.

Holy fuck. I gotta quit drinking.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god those tumblrs have ruined facebook. I realize the irony in that, but seriously so many of them aren't funny at all. Who else thinks it's a bitchy girl that's contributed most of them? Seems pretty obvious to me since the jokes are bad and only they would use the term "geed".

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@46, this may be outside of your expertise but what can you tell me (that i cant find on google) about Lyme Disease? It seems to really be on the rise around here. I had never met anyone who had it until last year and have now ran across 10 or more local people with it.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@46, this may be outside of your expertise but what can you tell me (that i cant find on google) about Lyme Disease? It seems to really be on the rise around here. I had never met anyone who had it until last year and have now ran across 10 or more local people with it.

I had it when I was in elementary school. Miserable stuff. I was sick for like 3 weeks

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It originated in easter NY, probably as an accidental release from an Animal Disease Research laboratory on Plum Island. It has many levels of severity. Some people live with it and symptoms for a long time, while others never show symptoms but do test positive. IT is spread by deer ticks, so watch your dogs and kids after being out playing in the woods or being around animals.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It originated in easter NY, probably as an accidental release from an Animal Disease Research laboratory on Plum Island. It has many levels of severity. Some people live with it and symptoms for a long time, while others never show symptoms but do test positive. IT is spread by deer ticks, so watch your dogs and kids after being out playing in the woods or being around animals.

I think some people who have it for years actually think they have rheumatoid arthritis. Lot's of joint complications. I would definately get tested for it if i was diagnosed with RA, if I hadn't been already.