• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither. their campus isnt bad, and they have nice athletic facilities. simply put, i personally would never go party there. i guess to each his own though

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
neither. their campus isnt bad, and they have nice athletic facilities. simply put, i personally would never go party there. i guess to each his own though

Been twice. First time was my freshman year when they changed their policy and enforced stricter drinking regulations. Went to three different parties, cops came to all three. Not a great experience. Second time was better as I was 21 and it didn't matter, but the party atmosphere was nothing special. Much more preferable at VT, which is sad because it used to be pretty good from what I heard.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so last night, at the Wal Mart on the Eastern Shore of VA, i ran into Michael Vick...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol grocery shopping sir.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he go down when you ran into him or did he spin off and keep going?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can check a major item off my bucket list. I had a rail at TOTS. When I was drinking it, I felt like I was drinking death. I feel drunk right now, but not puking my guts out drunk. I thought a rail was going to make me die, but I feel fine now. I even had two beers afterward.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I rode a Radford import during a dryspell Junior year. Not proud of it.

Fun little ride while it lasted.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Virginia Tech men’s track & field team won its first ever outdoor Atlantic Coast Conference championship as it held off seven-time defending champion Florida State as competition concluded Saturday at the 2012 ACC Outdoor Track & Field Championship at Lannigan Field on the campus of the University of Virginia.

This has probably already been posted somewhere, but if so I hadn't seen it.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Been twice. First time was my freshman year when they changed their policy and enforced stricter drinking regulations. Went to three different parties, cops came to all three. Not a great experience. Second time was better as I was 21 and it didn't matter, but the party atmosphere was nothing special. Much more preferable at VT, which is sad because it used to be pretty good from what I heard.
Back in my hay-day .. it was more fun to party at Radford than VT .. I hear that JMU is quite the party school these days.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Back in my hay-day .. it was more fun to party at Radford than VT .. I hear that JMU is quite the party school these days.

That's why I visited Radford, but with new administration, they cut down big time on drinking. Same thing is happening at JMU (or at least trying to). After one of their block parties, the police used tear gas on the students (although alot of the people involved weren't all students). JMU was pretty fun during my time, but after I turned 21, there was no real reason to leave VT. As my JMU friends and I put it, JMU was better partying for under 21 and VT was better for over 21.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMU is overrated IMO. The women are especially overrated. More girls but quality is ho-hum. No better than VT or UVA and definitely not SEC standards.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can check a major item off my bucket list. I had a rail at TOTS. When I was drinking it, I felt like I was drinking death. I feel drunk right now, but not puking my guts out drunk. I thought a rail was going to make me die, but I feel fine now. I even had two beers afterward.

Congrats sir. Personally, I never was a fan of them either. I didn't really care for the taste. To me, it tasted exactly like what it is; bunch of cheap booze thrown together. I'm a simple man though. Just give me some bourbon and coke and/or some brews and I'm good.

People would always get rails to get wasted. IMO, if you wanted to get wasted quick, I recommend the Jumbo Tex Margarita from El Rods. Gotta love a Margarita that's brownish from all the tequila used. Do they still serve booze? When I graduated, I think they had lost their ABC license for serving minors.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats sir. Personally, I never was a fan of them either. I didn't really care for the taste. To me, it tasted exactly like what it is; bunch of cheap booze thrown together. I'm a simple man though. Just give me some bourbon and coke and/or some brews and I'm good.
I personally like to stick to beer.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People would always get rails to get wasted. IMO, if you wanted to get wasted quick, I recommend the Jumbo Tex Margarita from El Rods. Gotta love a Margarita that's brownish from all the tequila used. Do they still serve booze? When I graduated, I think they had lost their ABC license for serving minors.

They did last time I was there. :think: about 2 years ago? Maybe a little less.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw where Jeff Luc is transferring out of FSU. Wasn't he crowned the next Ray Lewis coming out of high school?