• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Miami Dolphins 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it going my fellow Dolphins fans? First of all, I hope all is well with you and yours as our world continues to combat this pandemic. I hope that you and yours are staying healthy and safe, and doing your part in helping flatten the curve and get our world to a newer, better, normal.

As I am sure you all have heard, the NFL has decided to go on with their draft -- albeit with major adjustments made given current social distancing guidelines.

I know many of you will find comfort in the league finding a way to hold the draft despite current world events. But, I have to rant a little bit about the situation. Whether its been the league itself or members of the media who cover the league -- it seems like their mindset since this pandemic came about, has been to conduct its business as if it is business as usual. From the start, they have seemed to be more worried about how they can continue to make their money than anything else -- same goes for a lot of media members covering the league. I know it is how they make a living, but I just find it a bit insensitive considering how this situation has affected so many people.

My hope is that the league, members of the media -- while basking in the money the draft will bring -- that they find a way to use some of those earnings to bring awareness and solutions to this pandemic.

Last, but not least -- been hearing about how some teams have given Tua failing grades on physicals they've conducted. And there is talk that they've seen proof that he and his people have not been completely truthful with regards to his rehab. Not to mention a lot of teams have started to view him as a bit of a diva given the amount of air time/media attention he was seeking in weeks past.

This should not be the kind of player any of us want for our team - whether we are rebuilding or playing for a championship. Fans and members of the organization alike should not want this kind of a diva on the team. The Dolphins can do without this overrated, damaged goods diva.

Lastly, once again -- keep you and yours safe. FINS UP!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo and all, I also hope for good health for you and your families.

I think it's good that the NFL is going forward with the draft. The process will be safe and it will be something to entertain NFL fans during the pandemic.

I rewatched the LSU vs Bama game. A few observations:

Burrow was terric.
Tua had a rough first half but played great in the second half. He showed alot of toughness. It was his first game back after surgery just 3 weeks before. He couldn't run but still managed to move in the pocket and make accurate throws. I could see him being the best QB in the AFC East.
Safety McKinney from Bama was their most impactful player.
RB Edwards Helair played like a Champion.

If the Fins landed Tua, a starting OT and McKinney or a top RB or second OT that would be a heck of a first round.

I think besides Burrow, Tua is the QB that other teams and their fans would least like to see the Fins draft. There is uncertainty with his health but there is nothing uncertain about his accuracy. He just needs to learn when to throw the ball away if no one is open. That could extend his career.

I would take a chance on Tua and make sure to have a quality backup.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a few typos: Burrow played "terrific" in the game and throughout the year. That said, I would rather not see my team get fleeced to get him. 2 First rounders of the three and one next year would be the most I would offer. Something along those lines or a combination of 2nd rounders. The idea of 4 first rounders is way too much. Tua and Herbert are too valuable to have to "sale the farm" to get him.

I mentioned Safety McKinney was Bama's most impactful player. He was on defense but on offense it was still Tua, even with his injury and playing hurt. Plus Jeudy had two drops that could have been TDs in that game.

Saban has shown through the years that he doesn't care about the careers of his players. They play hurt and carry too much of a workload and enter the NFL as damaged goods. In the NFL a team could protect their investment by using depth and resting players while they are recovering.

Tua has a history of injuries but he always bounces back. I think Tua could sit next season while learning to protect himself better by getting rid of the ball sooner and not scrambling out of the pocket as much. The year that he starts the Fins could have Fitzmagic or Rosen back him up. I view Tua as an elite QB with his accuracy. There is no question he has the "it factor" and can be clutch in big game situations. If the Fins can manage to carry 3 QBs then they will have more options next offseason.

Herbert reminds me of Roethlisberger with his talent and size. He could have a good career but I am not sure that he will deal with pressure as well as Tua.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just represented the Dolphins in our 7th annual draft here on tHoop.

5. Miami : Tua Tagovailoa - QB - Alabama
18. Miami : K'Lavon Chaisson - OLB - LSU
26. Miami : A.J. Epenesa - DE - Iowa
39. Miami : D'Andre Swift - RB - Georgia
56. Miami : Lucas Niang - OT - TCU
85. Miami : Shane Lemieux - OG - Oregon
109. Miami : Lynn Bowden - WR - Kentucky
119. Miami : Nick Harris - C - Washington
141. Miami : Terrell Burgess - S - Utah
153. Miami : Justin Strnad - ILB - Wake Forest
166. Miami : Tyre Phillips - OT/OG - Mississippi St.
185. Miami : Quintez Cephus - WR - Wisconsin
227. Miami : Jake Luton - QB - Oregon St.
251. Miami : Grayland Arnold - CB - Baylor

TRADES: Detroit trades 85, 109, 166 to Miami for 70
Miami trades #154, #173 & #246 to Atlanta for #119

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Nos thanks for representing the Fins for us unfortunately I've been going a little insane keeping up with things during this pandemic. The only thing I would have liked to see is an OT a little sooner as it's a major need. Either a trade up at 18 to get one of the top 4 or at 26. It's just a must. S a little sooner as well but overall you did well! Cheers and stay safe.:suds:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft day! I am so looking forward to the draft. The Fins have set themselves up to really improve the team.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen this mock draft somewhere else today...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, today is the day. Today is the day the Dolphins can take another step forward in turning their franchise around -- or take even bigger steps back as a franchise if they waste a pick on Tua.

There is talk of the Fins still trying to work the phones with the Bengals but the Bengals don't seem interested anymore. The Bengals know that Burrow is the best QB in the draft by far.

There is also talk about the Dolphins wanting to move up not necessarily to take a QB but to take an OL -- and if they waste a pick on Tua -- they would probably have to take an OL with the rest of their picks in the draft.

As our country and the world still deals with a pandemic, maybe if the Dolphins do waste a pick on Tua it won't be as bad because there probably won't be any football this year anyway so we don't have to watch a bust embarrass our franchise even more.

Let's see how it all works out.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided to give Grier and his staff the benefit of the doubt with the decisions they will make with the draft. I know they have put a lot of work into it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided to give Grier and his staff the benefit of the doubt with the decisions they will make with the draft. I know they have put a lot of work into it.
They may not even take a QB if they feel Rosen can be a starter. IF this happens it would be a bonus as they could add another position to strengthen the team. Either way I would still want them to grab another QB later as it doesn't hurt to hedge your bets. This will be interesting.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, today is the day. Today is the day the Dolphins can take another step forward in turning their franchise around -- or take even bigger steps back as a franchise if they waste a pick on Tua.

There is talk of the Fins still trying to work the phones with the Bengals but the Bengals don't seem interested anymore. The Bengals know that Burrow is the best QB in the draft by far.

There is also talk about the Dolphins wanting to move up not necessarily to take a QB but to take an OL -- and if they waste a pick on Tua -- they would probably have to take an OL with the rest of their picks in the draft.

As our country and the world still deals with a pandemic, maybe if the Dolphins do waste a pick on Tua it won't be as bad because there probably won't be any football this year anyway so we don't have to watch a bust embarrass our franchise even more.

Let's see how it all works out.
I'm trying to remain positive about all of the prospect as to be honest I have no clue. I'm not sure anyone does as I've heard good and bad about every player. On a good note they can afford to take a shot at someone more than other teams can. If it were Tua and he magically doesn't get hurt and balls then you didn't miss out. If they don't feel confident and take a safer route or draft Love or someone later I completely understand as well. They will still have next year to find some QB competition so I'm not stressing out...well too much.

Enjoy the draft bro!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Tua will be just like passing on Brees, twice. Will regret it for 15 years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Tua will be just like passing on Brees, twice. Will regret it for 15 years.
I hear you and some totally believe this but what if after one tackle he's down and never comes up? We all have to face that reality as it's possible. But at the same time it can happen to any player and they do have a lot of picks to hedge their bets. I'm ok with whatever they decide I honestly can't be mad at their decision as I'm unsure myself. They could pick Herbert and he may be average or end up hurt too so let's see what they do and back them. The only thing that would make me mad is if they spend a bunch of picks to move up like Jordan and turns out a bust sets them back years. I don't mind trading up but not to lose numerous high value picks as they need them.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They most certainly deserve the benefit of the doubt -- but if they royally blow it -- they deserve to be held responsible for it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not even take a QB if they feel Rosen can be a starter. IF this happens it would be a bonus as they could add another position to strengthen the team. Either way, I would still want them to grab another QB later as it doesn't hurt to hedge your bets. This will be interesting.

I would love for them to give Rosen a chance but I am not holding my breath on that at this point. Last season, after the job was TAKEN away from him by the coaching staff - there were many chances in which they should've brought him back and didn't.

Once they showed support for a Fitzpatrick return, the chances of Rosen getting a chance dropped even further.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you and some totally believe this but what if after one tackle he's down and never comes up? We all have to face that reality as it's possible. But at the same time it can happen to any player and they do have a lot of picks to hedge their bets. I'm ok with whatever they decide I honestly can't be mad at their decision as I'm unsure myself. They could pick Herbert and he may be average or end up hurt too so let's see what they do and back them. The only thing that would make me mad is if they spend a bunch of picks to move up like Jordan and turns out a bust sets them back years. I don't mind trading up but not to lose numerous high value picks as they need them.

All it is going to take is that one tackle and he is done -- its just a matter of time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's draft time -- Bengals about to be officially on the clock