• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners Spring Training Thread 2018

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I like:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did.

So he should fire his agent for costing him millions. If I was a FA at all during this off-season I'd fire my agent and find some agent who isn't from the old school thinking he can milk teams into idiotic contracts. Every single contract signed thus far is team friendly with either opt outs, short term or below normal market value. I bet next CBA players might actually debate a salary cap.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he pitches yes, he just doesn’t pitch enough.

True that is why they should have dealt the guy last year during his healthy period. I read he had value with teams interested in him at the trade deadline. Another lost asset.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go M's!!!! Oh wait, it wasn't us;

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports the Twins and free agent Lance Lynn are in agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal.

Multiple outlets were reporting that the sides were close on a one-year deal, and Morosi says it's now done. One year is surely less than Lynn set out to get at the start of free agency, but he was one of a number of free agents who found the market unfavorable. The Twins, meanwhile, are loading up for another postseason run, having acquired Lynn, Logan Morrison and Jake Odorizzi in recent weeks. Lynn should do well in Minnesota and, with the carrot of another payday next winter, should also be motivated this season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would have been a nice winter for M's...along with Gordon.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like Gordon has a better arm than was reported early on. I've been really skeptical about picking up a FA and moving him to a position he's never played, but maybe he'll surprise a little.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he should fire his agent for costing him millions. If I was a FA at all during this off-season I'd fire my agent and find some agent who isn't from the old school thinking he can milk teams into idiotic contracts. Every single contract signed thus far is team friendly with either opt outs, short term or below normal market value. I bet next CBA players might actually debate a salary cap.
How dumb do the Phillies look now for giving $20 million a year to Santana? They should have waited. Could have gotten him for half that much.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Mark Polishuk | March 11, 2018 at 7:09pm CDT

The Mariners were linked to Jon Jay back in November, and ESPN’s Buster Olney(subscription required) reports that Seattle had enough interest to offer Jay a three-year contract. The two sides didn’t reach an agreement, however, and Jay’s free agent sojourn only ended last week when he signed a one-year, $3MM deal with the Royals. It’s easy to second-guess Jay’s decision in hindsight, though of course he (like many other free agents) could hardly have expected the market freeze that left several players settling for contracts that fell well below their initial asking prices. The M’s ended up going in a more unorthodox direction to solve their center field problem, instead acquiring second baseman Dee Gordon from the Marlins and converting him into an outfield role.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go M's!!!! Oh wait, it wasn't us;

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports the Twins and free agent Lance Lynn are in agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal.

Multiple outlets were reporting that the sides were close on a one-year deal, and Morosi says it's now done. One year is surely less than Lynn set out to get at the start of free agency, but he was one of a number of free agents who found the market unfavorable. The Twins, meanwhile, are loading up for another postseason run, having acquired Lynn, Logan Morrison and Jake Odorizzi in recent weeks. Lynn should do well in Minnesota and, with the carrot of another payday next winter, should also be motivated this season.

That is the range I thought it would be. Ya, sucks raising payroll but it is for 1 year, it's a Cano or Felix type deal. Jerry needs to decide are they trying or rebuilding instead of this we don't want to win but we don't want to suck so bad either.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry needs to decide are they trying or rebuilding instead of this we don't want to win but we don't want to suck so bad either.

We've been saying this for years and Ill believe it when I see it.

They are perfectly content with being Fake Contenders because they can sell that they are trying to win without committing to it.

They are scared to rebuild because they fear fans wont come to games but they wont go for it because it will hurt their wallets. So pretending to contend is what feels safe comfortable for the front office.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's tap into that hot Brazilian baseball market...