• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners Spring Training Thread 2018

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is pretty obvious that THIS organization isn't "100% completely committed to fielding the best roster and winning fucking baseball games". Their choice of GM and Manager pretty much tells us that for shits sake. Bring in Suzuki and get the fans all crazy, make a bunch of dumb ass bobble fuckheads, sell a ton of Ichiro jerseys, shoot off a bunch of fireworks, and guess what? Stanton and the owners are happy as clams at a fuckin clam bake...... counting all those dollars they screwed Seattle fans out of. Keep feeding the team just enough to keep the $ coming in. Sooner (hopefully) or later, all the little friggin games they are playing will not cut it anymore and then they'll sell the team to someone(s) who really do(es) want a winning team. Stanton talks about how much he has always loved baseball etc. and a bunch of other bullshit (just google him) but look what hasn't changed since he arrived on the scene-except, of course, getting Root Sports to add to the cash cow. What a big pile of bullshit....and the pile just keeps getting bigger.

Where have you and the couple of other new dudes been for fucks sake!?! You aren’t only meant for this board but hot damn you could some day be the moderator!! Great post and thank you to NWinAZ for having enough tolerance to pain being a part of multiple boards to endure as much Mariners pain it took to bring you dudes over!! Fucking cheers, it’s almost opening day! :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you and the couple of other new dudes been for fucks sake!?! You aren’t only meant for this board but hot damn you could some day be the moderator!! Great post and thank you to NWinAZ for having enough tolerance to pain being a part of multiple boards to endure as much Mariners pain it took to bring you dudes over!! Fucking cheers, it’s almost opening day! :suds:

:suds:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nutswing:
You're a STAR NWinAZ!! I don't usually go off like that, but man.....does it feel good to type what I'm thinking and share it with others who just might have similar feelings. The MLB forum never met that need to just say exactly what I am thinking AND to say it exactly the way I want to AND to say it using any fucking words I want to. This forum is just plain AWESOME. I can't wait until Scotty pisses me off so I can freely RANT right here. I'm sure it won't take long b4 he pisses me off because he is such a fucking dildo and has absolutely NO business trying to manage a professional baseball team. All you have to do is wait until he needs to yank a pitcher and watch how he get this constipated look on his face when the camera lands on him and then when he finally thinks "oh shit, I guess I better do something" and then he gets off his dead ass and walks out to the hill like he is, in fact, constipated. Oh hell, enough said for now. I mainly just wanted to thank you again for getting a couple of us out of the doldrums of that MLB forum and showing us the light at the end of that tunnel. :thumb::puke:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is pretty obvious that THIS organization isn't "100% completely committed to fielding the best roster and winning fucking baseball games". Their choice of GM and Manager pretty much tells us that for shits sake. Bring in Suzuki and get the fans all crazy, make a bunch of dumb ass bobble fuckheads, sell a ton of Ichiro jerseys, shoot off a bunch of fireworks, and guess what? Stanton and the owners are happy as clams at a fuckin clam bake...... counting all those dollars they screwed Seattle fans out of. Keep feeding the team just enough to keep the $ coming in. Sooner (hopefully) or later, all the little friggin games they are playing will not cut it anymore and then they'll sell the team to someone(s) who really do(es) want a winning team. Stanton talks about how much he has always loved baseball etc. and a bunch of other bullshit (just google him) but look what hasn't changed since he arrived on the scene-except, of course, getting Root Sports to add to the cash cow. What a big pile of bullshit....and the pile just keeps getting bigger.

Agreed, and the most pathetic thing is supposedly Stanton is tight with Slade Gordon. The Seattle Mariners owe it to him to win a title before he passes

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPORTS

2018 BASEBALL PREVIEW

MLB bold predictions: Twins surprise, Shohei Ohtani flop
By Ken Davidoff

March 27, 2018 | 6:24pm

3. The Yankees, figuring all along that they’d save some of their $196,999,999.99 payroll for an in-season starting rotation upgrade, will acquire impressive lefty James Paxton from the Mariners, who will finally acknowledge the need to get off their hamster wheel and take a step back in order to take three steps forward. A recovered Clint Frazier and surging pitcher Albert Abreu will top the sizable package required to complete the trade.

-----------------------------------

I guess they have moved on from the Felix to Yanks rumors...lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad this didn't happen last year. I just don't think there is a legit spot on this team outside of a spot rotational guy. Jerry already said Healy is the guy, but Vogelbach's spring he has earned the right to be an everyday starter for at least a month. Or Jerry could find a trade partner and deal either Vogelbach or Healy.

There was a Seattle Times article that said that Vogelbach adjusted his swing in an attempt to generate more power. Seems to have worked so far. Albeit, Vogelbach has always performed well in AAA but has been abysmal at the major league level.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPORTS

2018 BASEBALL PREVIEW

MLB bold predictions: Twins surprise, Shohei Ohtani flop
By Ken Davidoff

March 27, 2018 | 6:24pm

3. The Yankees, figuring all along that they’d save some of their $196,999,999.99 payroll for an in-season starting rotation upgrade, will acquire impressive lefty James Paxton from the Mariners, who will finally acknowledge the need to get off their hamster wheel and take a step back in order to take three steps forward. A recovered Clint Frazier and surging pitcher Albert Abreu will top the sizable package required to complete the trade.

-----------------------------------

I guess they have moved on from the Felix to Yanks rumors...lol.

And imagine what could have been if Felix was moved in 2011 or 2012. Regardless likely a conversation that needs to happen. Him and Zunino are the best chips unless you think an extension is happening

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after attending the game yesterday I had planned on posting a final good, bad, and ugly..........but there's only one subject I want to cover from what I saw even though there's a couple that we could touch on. So:

The good:

- Dan Vogel-bomb!

The bad:

- Ryon Healy

The ugly:

- The skip starting Healy over Vogel-bomb to start the season.

Like his track record or not, there is absolutely no reason why Vogelbach doesn't get the nod at 1st going into the season. Servais needs to take the Pete Carroll route just as he did after signing Matt Flynn, but ultimately gave the starting QB spot to a rookie Russ Wilson after he outperformed the newly acquired QB. The big talk has all been about whether or not Felix deserved the start on opening day, screw that! The focus should be on first base because if we want to sniff a shot at the WC going with the hottest hitter in baseball currently is a great way to start down that road.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after attending the game yesterday I had planned on posting a final good, bad, and ugly..........but there's only one subject I want to cover from what I saw even though there's a couple that we could touch on. So:

The good:

- Dan Vogel-bomb!

The bad:

- Ryon Healy

The ugly:

- The skip starting Healy over Vogel-bomb to start the season.

Like his track record or not, there is absolutely no reason why Vogelbach doesn't get the nod at 1st going into the season. Servais needs to take the Pete Carroll route just as he did after signing Matt Flynn, but ultimately gave the starting QB spot to a rookie Russ Wilson after he outperformed the newly acquired QB. The big talk has all been about whether or not Felix deserved the start on opening day, screw that! The focus should be on first base because if we want to sniff a shot at the WC going with the hottest hitter in baseball currently is a great way to start down that road.

I agree and I personally would give him near every start ( RH and LH pitchers ) - for at least the 1st 2-3 weeks of the season

He has the hot bat right now, why play him part time and he gets cold and loses his timing ?

If he stays hot ... keep him in the line up daily. If he struggles agains LH pitching, platoon him with Healy getting the starts on a LH pitch day.

Either is a huge pinch hit threat to come off the bench anytime during the game in a big situation where a clutch big hit is needed

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I personally would give him near every start ( RH and LH pitchers ) - for at least the 1st 2-3 weeks of the season

He has the hot bat right now, why play him part time and he gets cold and loses his timing ?

If he stays hot ... keep him in the line up daily. If he struggles agains LH pitching, platoon him with Healy getting the starts on a LH pitch day.

Either is a huge pinch hit threat to come off the bench anytime during the game in a big situation where a clutch big hit is needed
Totally agree
But probably need to talk Scotty into doing it that way. :crazy:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Sasaki do something like this once?

Salvador Perez will be out 4-6 weeks after tearing the MCL in his knee when he fell while carrying his luggage.

What a brutal and unfortunate way to start the year for Perez and the Royals. Salvy apparently was handling his own bags and slipped awkwardly. It leaves Kansas City without one of its most consistent players for the first month at minimum. Drew Butera will likely be the starting catcher while Perez rehabilitates from the injury.
Related: Drew Butera

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Sasaki do something like this once?

Salvador Perez will be out 4-6 weeks after tearing the MCL in his knee when he fell while carrying his luggage.

What a brutal and unfortunate way to start the year for Perez and the Royals. Salvy apparently was handling his own bags and slipped awkwardly. It leaves Kansas City without one of its most consistent players for the first month at minimum. Drew Butera will likely be the starting catcher while Perez rehabilitates from the injury.
Related: Drew Butera
That is really unfortunate for KC. What I just don't understand is how these professional athletes that are in pretty much tip top shape can have such physical problems. Really weird carrying his luggage and injuring himself to the point he goes on the DL for a month or more. I just don't get it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is really unfortunate for KC. What I just don't understand is how these professional athletes that are in pretty much tip top shape can have such physical problems. Really weird carrying his luggage and injuring himself to the point he goes on the DL for a month or more. I just don't get it.

There were always rumors that Sasaki was hammered when he got hurt. Not sure about Perez, but sounds funny.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were always rumors that Sasaki was hammered when he got hurt. Not sure about Perez, but sounds funny.
Tripped over luggage walking upstairs was the rumor but I think was later said to be a drunken mishap with buddies.
Killed that 2003 team and he was basically done in the MLB after that.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch the M's because I have 41 years invested, but I really am following the Yankees and Brewers this year. I like their respective offseasons.

From March 5th

:clap: