• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gordan the possible mariners zoberist??...not bad..sense depoto made him a CF anyway...might as well kik it up another notch

Search by Roster

Seattle Mariners

Gordon, Dee
543829.jpg

Dee Gordon #9
  • 2B
  • B/T: L/R
  • 5' 11" /170
mlb4cg.png

136.png

Dee Gordon
#9 2B
SummaryStatsChartsAwardsSHOP
  • Devaris Gordon
  • Nickname: Varis
  • Born: 4/22/1988 in Avon Park, FL
  • Draft: 2008, Los Angeles Dodgers, 4th rd. (127th overall)
  • College: Southeastern, FL
  • Debut: 6/6/2011
  • Relationship(s): son of Tom Gordon, brother of Nick Gordon, nephew of Anthony Gordo
a better value(cheaper) than cabrera

and fit with dee's career overall

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that....would solve a lot of problems...by itself..like the seager situation

and if there are any...personal probs between players ...here is how to solve it

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should be servais.........lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy work's for me

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Dipoto ‘embarrassed’ by Mariners’ 2nd half, says tough decisions await in offseason

Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto shares the frustration fans have felt during the team’s disappointing second half of the season.

On his weekly Jerry Dipoto Show on 710 ESPN Seattle’s Danny, Dave and Moore, he spoke at length about what has held the team back after a strong first three months of 2018, took accountability for the slide and signaled how the team’s poor record since the end of June will impact their offseason.

“We were in a position to do special things and we had a group that was playing together in a way that was so energizing for everybody around the team, and we watched it methodically and painfully be pulled apart over the course of these last two months – and it’s gotten worse as we’ve gone,” Dipoto said. “That has to be part of our decision-making heading into ’19, and frankly those are some tough decisions. We’re at a bit of a crossroads in looking at where we are as a club and trying to determine how we get to a championship level, because we’ve taken two steps forward and then three steps back – and that’s on us.”

Particularly disappointing for Dipoto is how the offense stopped producing at about the same time the Oakland Athletics made a push in the standings. The Mariners had a commanding lead for the second American League Wild Card spot in late June over Oakland, but now trail the A’s by 9 ½ games in the playoff race.

“It’s not like we had to go out and play .700 ball to wind up in the postseason,” Dipoto said of the team’s second half. “We just needed to do some of the things we were doing and hold serve, and we didn’t do it. That’s on us. We should be embarrassed by it, and I am.

“… We have a group of players, frankly it’s close to half our lineup since the midpoint of the season who just stopped getting on base with any regularity. … We have had roughly half our lineup just effectively disappear for half a season, and it’s really hard to score runs when only half of your lineup is working. Understanding that you can’t put three or four hitters in a position where they have to churn night after night, and that’s what we’ve done – and sometimes it’s not even three or four.”

Dipoto added that another thing that was a strength earlier in the season for Seattle has become the opposite over the past two months.

“In times of struggle you find out a lot about character, how people will answer in times of adversity, and frankly that was one of the highlights of this team in the first half of the season and it’s been one of the lowlights in the second half of the season. We have not responded to that adversity in the same way. … When teams pull apart when they no longer bind together and they don’t fight through the adversity. I’m not telling you anything you’re not watching. You’re seeing it every day and we’re accountable for that and we have to figure out how to get back on track.”

Nope... this pathetic team didn't have to play .700 ball to make the playoffs.... at the time Oakland made the push, all they had to do was play .500 ball the rest of the way which according a lot of projections would've landed this team somewhere between 88-91 wins. Not only were they not able to maintain the .500 record, their luck ran out. This team should've been able to maintain that .500 record after June but the writing was on the wall the whole time that they probably weren't going to.

Lastly, with the way Oakland had played since June even an 88-91 wins projection probably still wouldn't be enough.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good time to throw scott under the bus....or on top of it by promoting him to the office

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... this pathetic team didn't have to play .700 ball to make the playoffs.... at the time Oakland made the push, all they had to do was play .500 ball the rest of the way which according a lot of projections would've landed this team somewhere between 88-91 wins. Not only were they not able to maintain the .500 record, their luck ran out. This team should've been able to maintain that .500 record after June but the writing was on the wall the whole time that they probably weren't going to.

Lastly, with the way Oakland had played since June even an 88-91 wins projection probably still wouldn't be enough.

yup....someone has to take the blame....so it has to be scott

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners aren't gonna compete next year and Vogelbach will be 26. I would honestly let Cruz walk and start the year with Vogelbach at DH and see what he does. And if he can actually hit, then you either have a decent hitter under team control for a few years, or you can trade him. And if he fizzles oh well. But there's no need to give Cruz a multi year deal when he's not gonna matter and will be in his 40s by the time the contract is up.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners aren't gonna compete next year and Vogelbach will be 26. I would honestly let Cruz walk and start the year with Vogelbach at DH and see what he does. And if he can actually hit, then you either have a decent hitter under team control for a few years, or you can trade him. And if he fizzles oh well. But there's no need to give Cruz a multi year deal when he's not gonna matter and will be in his 40s by the time the contract is up.

they will prob go with three one year contracts with boneses...for cruz
but next year is voggys last that he can be kept down at tacoma so...i would not trade him unless i absolutely needed to...at least till the trade deadline

if his numbers can transfer..up to the next lvl...i would expect 260-280 with 20-30 HR
he is not cruz....yet

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with that. And further more play Vogelbach and Healy everyday the rest of the year. If that means sitting Cano, Cruz or Seagar so be it

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. And further more play Vogelbach and Healy everyday the rest of the year. If that means sitting Cano, Cruz or Seagar so be it

Just checking - when you say "the rest of the year" are you referring to the rest of the month for this season?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Mariners are useless. I've been here since 1992, and they have done absolutely nothing.

They need to move so we can bring a real baseball team in here.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking - when you say "the rest of the year" are you referring to the rest of the month for this season?
Yea as in the last 12 games or whatever

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea as in the last 12 games or whatever

i would be ok with that....give us a good look at him
but cruz prob wants 4 more hr's...cant blame him for that
and cano will prob be 2b mostly
with gordan in CF

with the defensive changes late in the game....or when needed

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sport trac

mlb.png
2020 MLB Free Agents

Tracking the status and signings of all 2020 MLB free agents.

2020 MLB Free Agents Tracker

pitchers....with felix 27 mil to spend they will not have any excuses

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
garrit cole is a better pitcher than keuckel

keukel is no better than the pitchers the mariners have now...he is 11-10

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle at 83-68 in the national league would still be in the race
but with the 4 best teams in baseball in the american league and in the wrong div...they are EEEEEEEEEEliminated

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, the Mariners were very lucky early in the season. Even if with an elite closer, it was never sustainable to win as many 1 run games as they did. Their pythWL is 70-81. Even if you bridge the gap between that and their actual record, it's a middling team at best.

I just don't see how you can do anything besides tear it down at this point. They're going to lose their best hitter this offseason more than likely. Even if they re-sign him (Cruz), he's in his late 30s. Cano is regressing, Felix is toast. There are a couple nice pieces to work around (Paxton, Haniger, Segura) but not enough to compete in the AL West.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Mariners are useless. I've been here since 1992, and they have done absolutely nothing.

They need to move so we can bring a real baseball team in here.
That's why I would like to see a team in Portland. Make the Mariners compete for fans/viewers.

Right now they get viewers win or lose so they don't really care.