• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am totally surprised no one from our division snapped him up.

I think it would be hard to find an equivalent ILB with a 7th round pick.
Maybe if you drafted 2 or 3 ILBs in the 7th round one of them would pan out to be as good as Grant.

Happy to have the depth. We still need to draft another ILB.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da Bears signed Chilo to a 1 year deal. Can Tice get anything out of that turd?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da Bears signed Chilo to a 1 year deal. Can Tice get anything out of that turd?

What a disappointment Rachal became - Nearly a 1st round DP, should be an anchor on our line right now - instead he's another Jonas without the injuries.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It was a mistake to let him go. The Niners should've signed him to a 1 year deal at the minimum right away.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mistake to let him go. The Niners should've signed him to a 1 year deal at the minimum right away.

Why? He is never going to be a starter and isn't even reliable as a back-up. I see it as addition by subtraction. We can find his level of talent with more promise in the UDFA market for the same one-year contract and less money.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've debated this point a bunch of times, so I'll just say I wish the Niners brought him back at the minimum. Obviously it's not a huge point of contention, but I wanted him back.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've debated this point a bunch of times, so I'll just say I wish the Niners brought him back at the minimum. Obviously it's not a huge point of contention, but I wanted him back.

Fair enough...I will be pissed if suddenly he becomes a solid contributor at G or anywhere on the o'line.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Vikings signed Jerome Simpson to a 1-year contract. I'm very happy the Rams did not get him. He will be suspended for the first three games of the season though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Late last month I put together a rundown of Mario Manningham's two year contract, breaking down the salary cap impact of each year of the deal. Matt Maiocco provided the details of the one year deal Brandon Jacobs signed.

Signing Bonus: $150,000

Base Salary: $950,000
Roster Bonus (most likely game-by-game totaling, per MM): $475,000

Total Potential Cap Hit: $1,575,000

There is nothing too complicated about the deal as at its maximum it leaves the 49ers with approximately $4.1 million in cap space, according to MM. The base salary and roster bonuses are not guaranteed.

The 49ers are likely a little bit restricted in their draft plans at the running back position, but if the right guy fell to them and they wanted to consider some long term options, I would imagine they would be willing to eat that $150,000 signing bonus. Scouts Inc's Matt Williamson labeled this move the 49ers worst. I suppose potential worst moves are fairly limited, but even still, I view this is as a low risk move. I don't know how high the reward is, but I can live with the deal overall.

couldn't remember what the signing bonus was so goggled it. then i notice the part where the 49ers would be willing to eat the $150k?

now that we know James is drafted, think we will eat it. also interesting that Matt Williams was right......ok MAYBE not the worse?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late last month I put together a rundown of Mario Manningham's two year contract, breaking down the salary cap impact of each year of the deal. Matt Maiocco provided the details of the one year deal Brandon Jacobs signed.

Signing Bonus: $150,000

Base Salary: $950,000
Roster Bonus (most likely game-by-game totaling, per MM): $475,000

Total Potential Cap Hit: $1,575,000

There is nothing too complicated about the deal as at its maximum it leaves the 49ers with approximately $4.1 million in cap space, according to MM. The base salary and roster bonuses are not guaranteed.

The 49ers are likely a little bit restricted in their draft plans at the running back position, but if the right guy fell to them and they wanted to consider some long term options, I would imagine they would be willing to eat that $150,000 signing bonus. Scouts Inc's Matt Williamson labeled this move the 49ers worst. I suppose potential worst moves are fairly limited, but even still, I view this is as a low risk move. I don't know how high the reward is, but I can live with the deal overall.

couldn't remember what the signing bonus was so goggled it. then i notice the part where the 49ers would be willing to eat the $150k?

now that we know James is drafted, think we will eat it. also interesting that Matt Williams was right......ok MAYBE not the worse?

I think that we have set up a nice competition between Jacobs and Dixon, one will stay one will be cut.but Gore, Hunter, James are locks to make the team