• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

official blow it up thread

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are TV ratings Diamonds beyond gold, silver or any other standard. Why because they put eyeballs on screens. Thank Clint Murchison, Tex Schramm, Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson ,Jerry Jones and a list of Star players that would take pages to cover. Love them or hate them people watch them winning or losing cheering both ways depending on their allegiance.

The Problems with this franchise are well documented since the last time we were in a SB. I'm only going to touch on this year. The worst Defense in Cowboys history and one of the worst in Football history it is yet to be decided where they will end up. Injuries played a key role as have the decisions of the front office, coaching staff, Players etc. When the season ends decisions will be made to try to fix the team. As the capologists will tell you the Cowboys have some hard choices to make. A Swiss cheese Defense that needs a major overhaul along with a OL that still has pieces missing, a durable RB and a QB that many say is overrated and way over paid. Hard choices for a front office that has not been adept at putting a team together that can stay healthy and is within budget.

Todays NFL is really like the College game in that you have to graduate your classes and recruit well. Ie you cut vets that are expendable and draft cheaper replacements. You have to have exceptional QB play which I believe Romo is however with the current state of the Cowboys Cap there is not room to go around the restrictions. I know that Twist and Nets can show solutions to this but that's kicking the can down the road and it needs to stop in order to get the financial house in order. The team has to Draft exceptionally well and that is something they just don't seem to do.

After the next 3 games we can go into detail about what should be done or could be done but until then I am going to cheer and watch the Game.

JMHO
Go Cowboys

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are TV ratings Diamonds beyond gold, silver or any other standard. Why because they put eyeballs on screens. Thank Clint Murchison, Tex Schramm, Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson ,Jerry Jones and a list of Star players that would take pages to cover. Love them or hate them people watch them winning or losing cheering both ways depending on their allegiance.

The Problems with this franchise are well documented since the last time we were in a SB. I'm only going to touch on this year. The worst Defense in Cowboys history and one of the worst in Football history it is yet to be decided where they will end up. Injuries played a key role as have the decisions of the front office, coaching staff, Players etc. When the season ends decisions will be made to try to fix the team. As the capologists will tell you the Cowboys have some hard choices to make. A Swiss cheese Defense that needs a major overhaul along with a OL that still has pieces missing, a durable RB and a QB that many say is overrated and way over paid. Hard choices for a front office that has not been adept at putting a team together that can stay healthy and is within budget.

Todays NFL is really like the College game in that you have to graduate your classes and recruit well. Ie you cut vets that are expendable and draft cheaper replacements. You have to have exceptional QB play which I believe Romo is however with the current state of the Cowboys Cap there is not room to go around the restrictions. I know that Twist and Nets can show solutions to this but that's kicking the can down the road and it needs to stop in order to get the financial house in order. The team has to Draft exceptionally well and that is something they just don't seem to do.

After the next 3 games we can go into detail about what should be done or could be done but until then I am going to cheer and watch the Game.

JMHO
Go Cowboys

Bravo.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio just said that if Jerry fires, redhead, John Gruden will be their next head coach. Of course it's Mike Florio, but he seemed pretty confident.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio just said that if Jerry fires, redhead, John Gruden will be their next head coach. Of course it's Mike Florio, but he seemed pretty confident.

And his name came up for the Texans job. And it was reported then that Gruden would never go back to coaching without having full control of the team.

That would make Dallas the last place he would end up.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his name came up for the Texans job. And it was reported then that Gruden would never go back to coaching without having full control of the team.

I don't buy it either. That being said, the Texans aren't the Cowboys. All good coaches have an ego. There's no way he would take the job without full control. I can't see, Jerrah granting him that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but it sure sounds like Gruden dreams of coaching the Cowboys whenever he talks about them. Besides it won't be the 1st time Jerry gave control to a coach. Gruden will just have to know Jerry will meddle if he gives control or not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Twist and Nets can show solutions to this but that's kicking the can down the road and it needs to stop in order to get the financial house in order. The team has to Draft exceptionally well and that is something they just don't seem to do.

Excluding some of the intracacies that make it difficult to follow, it's just Math and it's not that difficult to understand. There are no solutions other than kicking the can down the road at this point on some players and cutting others. My point for a long time now has been just that. We act as if restructuring guys is smart because it gets us under the cap for another year, but all it does is rear it's ugly head again in future years. The original contracts and lack of desire to cut players when they no longer play to the level of their contract are the problems. You can structure a contract so that it is easy to restructure it over and over, but that doesn't take a way the total cap hit, it just moves it around in other years. It's framed as smart, but it's really just dumb because the cap needs to be looked at over a series of years, not just one year at a time. Next year we will get under the cap, but we also will come out of a record breaking year of defensive futility with the inability to spend FA $'s to help. As you said, the draft is the way out if there is one. Luckily IMO we have been drafting much better lately.

Agree. Win or lose I enjoy watching the games and watching the season unfold. Reading some posts here it's seems as if a few do nothing but complain and whine non-stop about everything and a few others throw in the towel and give up while there is still a lot of Football to be played. Everyone is different, but I enjoy "the ride". To read people saying the season is over after like 4 or 5 games or that a week 5 game is a "must win" when we are in first place is just silly.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excluding some of the intracacies that make it difficult to follow, it's just Math and it's not that difficult to understand. There are no solutions other than kicking the can down the road at this point on some players and cutting others. My point for a long time now has been just that. We act as if restructuring guys is smart because it gets us under the cap for another year, but all it does is rear it's ugly head again in future years. The original contracts and lack of desire to cut players when they no longer play to the level of their contract are the problems. You can structure a contract so that it is easy to restructure it over and over, but that doesn't take a way the total cap hit, it just moves it around in other years. It's framed as smart, but it's really just dumb because the cap needs to be looked at over a series of years, not just one year at a time. Next year we will get under the cap, but we also will come out of a record breaking year of defensive futility with the inability to spend FA $'s to help. As you said, the draft is the way out if there is one. Luckily IMO we have been drafting much better lately.

Agree. Win or lose I enjoy watching the games and watching the season unfold. Reading some posts here it's seems as if a few do nothing but complain and whine non-stop about everything and a few others throw in the towel and give up while there is still a lot of Football to be played. Everyone is different, but I enjoy "the ride". To read people saying the season is over after like 4 or 5 games or that a week 5 game is a "must win" when we are in first place is just silly.

JMHO
Go Cowboys

I understand you guys position when you say it makes no since to blow it up. Again I'm the first to admit i'm as ignorant as one can be as it relates to the salary cap. To me I look at it like we are going chapter 7 bankruptcy. It takes you a while to clime out of a hole and it hurts, but you have the ability to recover with a clean slate. I can accept the concept of stinking for 3 yrs with the goal of rebuilding. I can't be happy with mediocrity...that's what we've been for 20 yrs now. I understand that penalties and sanctions would come with make such outrageous cuts, but like I said I can live with it as a fan if I knew in 4 years we could be Seattle or Kansas City or any other team on the fast track to success.:suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will probably never make the playoffs again under Romo, let alone a superbowl. The Egals are going to take the division and will have it clinched before they get to Dallas for the last game. Callahan and garret suck as offensive coordinators. They had a chance to keep the game close last week and stopped running the ball. The defense right now could not stop a highschool varsity team and would have problems with the jv team. Are any of you actually watching these games. Kiffens scheme is a complete POS.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After DL should corner be a priority in the 2014 draft. I think so whats you guys opinion on that. I'm thinking as early as the second round....One of the top 50 or so overall rated players in this draft.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will probably never make the playoffs again under Romo, let alone a superbowl. The Egals are going to take the division and will have it clinched before they get to Dallas for the last game. Callahan and garret suck as offensive coordinators. They had a chance to keep the game close last week and stopped running the ball. The defense right now could not stop a highschool varsity team and would have problems with the jv team. Are any of you actually watching these games. Kiffens scheme is a complete POS.

I think we can make the playoffs either this year or next, however I can't see us advancing more than 2 rounds with some luck the way the current roster is constructed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you guys position when you say it makes no since to blow it up. Again I'm the first to admit i'm as ignorant as one can be as it relates to the salary cap. To me I look at it like we are going chapter 7 bankruptcy. It takes you a while to clime out of a hole and it hurts, but you have the ability to recover with a clean slate. I can accept the concept of stinking for 3 yrs with the goal of rebuilding. I can't be happy with mediocrity...that's what we've been for 20 yrs now. I understand that penalties and sanctions would come with make such outrageous cuts, but like I said I can live with it as a fan if I knew in 4 years we could be Seattle or Kansas City or any other team on the fast track to success.:suds:

Forget what you or I think we should or shouldn't do. Let's look at reality. First off Jerry won't blow it up as he thinks we are a player or two away. Second we just gave a huge contract to Romo which ties us to him for the next few years. Would blowing up the team and at the same time having an aging $100M QB make sense? Third you have a coach that is on thin ice. Think he wants to go through a few down years on purpose? Now we have multiple other veterans like Ware and Carr and Witten that like romo cost us a lot of money to keep or to cut. So we can't get rid of them and they will be gone after 3 or 4 years so they won't help a rebuild. Lastly, we would be in cap Hell, but let's say we could make the #'s work. Next years pick is still going to be in the middle of the draft either way. So what is the guarantee of a couple of years drafts being successful enough to put us in position to contend in 3 or 4 years anyway? And even if those drafted players are good, will it take them a few years to be good enough to help? And one of those picks MUST be a franchise QB to make it work. You may get Peyton Manning, or you may get Ryan Leaf. A lot of teams have been trying to turn it around for years unsuccessfully. There is no guarantee we could even if we tried.

The key is to draft well and to stop overspending on guys. You must let players go and replace them with cheaper players from time to time if you want to avoid cap problems. Maybe some of these guys we found this year (Selvie, Nevis, Heath (just kidding on Heath)) hang on and save us money that we otherwise would have spend on a more expensive player. Maybe Carter and Claiborne turn it around and maybe guys like Williams and Beasley continue to improve. Like it or not there is not likely to be a "blow up and start over" scenario in Dallas any time soon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After DL should corner be a priority in the 2014 draft. I think so whats you guys opinion on that. I'm thinking as early as the second round....One of the top 50 or so overall rated players in this draft.

IMO safety is a much bigger need than corner. They may not be the greatest, but there are bigger needs on this team than putting Claiborne and Scandrick on the bench right now.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety is a major need I agree. In post 132 I hear yeah lol, but its crazy to expect JJ to A) draft well and B) spin his money well. As for as Red goes, he's grown on me a little but If he were to be fired It wouldn't hurt my feelings. I agree though blowing it up is unrealistic and probably even un practical. I'm just tired like we all or.....what's worse than lukewarm other than not having a team at all?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know we need help in several areas.

Losing J Ratt and going to lose Hatcher at the end of the year .... I agree D-line will be the priority in the first

now going into the second ..... Me personally I think we are a player away from having a solid O-line ( Right Guard) and not sure we will keep Free around for long so RT is up there as well

I don't think corner will be up there. Carr just got that huge contract and we moved up to get Mo .... so I think their jobs are secure. (For now) So dont see a top of the draft pick being used on another corner.

Safeties hell yeah we need.
Lber wise I think we miss Durant. He's been hurt most of the year but he is good vs the run. Those that dont keep up with him might not know he had over 100 tackles last year for Detroit. When he comes back we will be better able to grade the linebacker position

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJJ...nice to see you found a new buddy. It must have been tough on you since your MMA pal left...

By the way BJJ, I know what the "B" and the first "J" stand for. Is the second "J" for doing such a good "job"???

I bet you are an expert on that as well. Thanks for informing me. I thought the 2nd J mean't jarnett.

:lol:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can make the playoffs either this year or next, however I can't see us advancing more than 2 rounds with some luck the way the current roster is constructed.

Go all out building the trenches. You will be amazed how much better lb's and the secondary can cover when you can put pressure on the opposing qb's with 4 guys and not letting them have all the time in the world to find an open receiver.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to. Blow this up. The kiffen hire has been a disaster. I think the eagles and skins win next week and then the cowboys beat the eagles in a meaningless game to finish 8-8. If the final is win or go home the cowboys will be destroyed