• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw something where the Nats have actually had less players play 3B for them since he left, than the Angels have had play 3B since they brought Rendon in.

I’m an Orioles fan with no love lost for Washington, but Rendon is a bum And always was one.
try being a 55 year cub fan.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw something where the Nats have actually had less players play 3B for them since he left, than the Angels have had play 3B since they brought Rendon in.

I’m an Orioles fan with no love lost for Washington, but Rendon is a bum And always was one.
Rendon will forever live in my heart. Had a great WS. 2019. What a time to be alive. What he's done since he left is none of my business. Lol. I was a huge O's fan as a kid, but always wanted my own team.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rendon will forever live in my heart. Had a great WS. 2019. What a time to be alive. What he's done since he left is none of my business. Lol. I was a huge O's fan as a kid, but always wanted my own team.
I heard some stories when he was coming up through your minor leagues that this kind of stuff was already out there, and he did not hide what baseball was going to do for him.

I did not feel that until my Dawgs were able to get their back-to-back championships. I was only three the last time the Redskins won the Super Bowl, and wasn’t born for the last Orioles World Series win.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some stories when he was coming up through your minor leagues that this kind of stuff was already out there, and he did not hide what baseball was going to do for him.

I did not feel that until my Dawgs were able to get their back-to-back championships. I was only three the last time the Redskins won the Super Bowl, and wasn’t born for the last Orioles World Series win.
Oh okay........Seeing the Caps and Nats go back to back was bucket list for me. I will forever cherish everyone that was on those rosters. I get it though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rendon had a hell of a year prior to being a free agent ..... he has sucked since then. He is one guy I didn't mind that they didn't resign him.

kbso we waited a long time for a baseball team here in Washington. Bowie Kuhn should have been shot well before he died.

I have been a Senators, Nationals, Caps and Redskin fan since 64. I think only Sty has me beat.

I rooted for Alcindor when he was at UCLA and rooted for whoever he and Magic played for. The Hayes, Unseld, Chenier years were fun years for the Bullets. A neighborhood friend was assistant trainer when they won the championship.

I grew up 5 miles from Capital Centre and 7 miles from RFK Stadium and 4 miles from Fed Ex Field.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rendon had a hell of a year prior to being a free agent ..... he has sucked since then. He is one guy I didn't mind that they didn't resign him.

kbso we waited a long time for a baseball team here in Washington. Bowie Kuhn should have been shot well before he died.

I have been a Senators, Nationals, Caps and Redskin fan since 64. I think only Sty has me beat.

I rooted for Alcindor when he was at UCLA and rooted for whoever he and Magic played for. The Hayes, Unseld, Chenier years were fun years for the Bullets. A neighborhood friend was assistant trainer when they won the championship.

I grew up 5 miles from Capital Centre and 7 miles from RFK Stadium and 4 miles from Fed Ex Field.
Nice Sportster. Huge O's fan growing up. Got real pumped about Ben McDonald. Lol. Eddie Murray, Cal, and that bunch were my guys.

Still rooted for them around the time Brady Anderson got juiced up and hit like 50 HRs batting leadoff.

My dad proposed to my mom at a Senetors game at Griffith stadium. Never really got into the Bullets. My cousin was part of the Showtime Lakers.

I was living in Germany from 83 to 85. That was around the time I really got into basketball. They didn't even show the Bullets over there at that time. It was Lakers, Celtics, and 76ers.

I'm a bigger Skins fan than a Caps fan......much bigger, but seeing Ovi hoist the cup was a feeling unmatched by any of the Skins or Lakers chips. All the heartbreak and blown 3-1 leads just washed away over night.

Soto dropping the bat at first base. Rendon being clutch. Eaton was arguably the MVP of the WS. Straus and Scherzer won all four of their starts. I live in Houston, so you can imagine how much fun it was to go to work around that time. I was insufferable. Love those guys.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Sportster. Huge O's fan growing up. Got real pumped about Ben McDonald. Lol. Eddie Murray, Cal, and that bunch were my guys.

Still rooted for them around the time Brady Anderson got juiced up and hit like 50 HRs batting leadoff.

My dad proposed to my mom at a Senetors game at Griffith stadium. Never really got into the Bullets. My cousin was part of the Showtime Lakers.

I was living in Germany from 83 to 85. That was around the time I really got into basketball. They didn't even show the Bullets over there at that time. It was Lakers, Celtics, and 76ers.

I'm a bigger Skins fan than a Caps fan......much bigger, but seeing Ovi hoist the cup was a feeling unmatched by any of the Skins or Lakers chips. All the heartbreak and blown 3-1 leads just washed away over night.

Soto dropping the bat at first base. Rendon being clutch. Eaton was arguably the MVP of the WS. Straus and Scherzer won all four of their starts. I live in Houston, so you can imagine how much fun it was to go to work around that time. I was insufferable. Love those guys.
Being from Philadelphia although young I figured I should root for Washington when we moved just outside the city. At the time DC only had the first expansion Senators and Redskins. Friends down the street were O's fans so it was my first taste of front runner syndrome. Of course the O's and Colts were good at the time. Baltimore fans didn't like me so I didn't like them. LOL When the Senators left again Cincinnati had a young catcher named Bench. He was my guy and so were the Reds until the Nats came to town.

Why a kid that lived a couple of miles outside of DC took to Ice hockey I can't explain. Maybe the Broad Street Bullies of the early 70s.

Long story short Redskins were number 1 for me and Caps were 2nd. I loved the 60s Skins and while playing football in HS Larry Brown was my guy. I have been a fan for 60 years this year. My nephews played starting very young so I started to help coach and did so all the way through college.

Anyone want to know why I root for DBs and RBs it was because that is what I played. By the time two a days were done I was a strapping 125 lbs. LMAO. I have a little love in my heart for smaller guys that can play. Both nephews went on to play college football and wen you look at a 300 lb lineman you say "holy shit those guys are huges." You have to want to play to take one of them guys on. I know you played so you know what I mean.

Anyhow before they bury me on a mountain side in western MD I would like to see the team get turned around. I miss the days when everyone was wearing their Redskin gear and we all cheered for our team.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was 6 mnts old in Jan 64.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 6 mnts old in Jan 64.
I turned 8 in 64, we moved to Maryland in June of 63 .... starting QB was Norm Snead. Jurgensen came in 64 from Philly. Charley Taylor was drafted in 64. Bobby Mitchell was traded to the Redskins in 62 making them the last segregated team in the NFL.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Philadelphia although young I figured I should root for Washington when we moved just outside the city. At the time DC only had the first expansion Senators and Redskins. Friends down the street were O's fans so it was my first taste of front runner syndrome. Of course the O's and Colts were good at the time. Baltimore fans didn't like me so I didn't like them. LOL When the Senators left again Cincinnati had a young catcher named Bench. He was my guy and so were the Reds until the Nats came to town.

Why a kid that lived a couple of miles outside of DC took to Ice hockey I can't explain. Maybe the Broad Street Bullies of the early 70s.

Long story short Redskins were number 1 for me and Caps were 2nd. I loved the 60s Skins and while playing football in HS Larry Brown was my guy. I have been a fan for 60 years this year. My nephews played starting very young so I started to help coach and did so all the way through college.

Anyone want to know why I root for DBs and RBs it was because that is what I played. By the time two a days were done I was a strapping 125 lbs. LMAO. I have a little love in my heart for smaller guys that can play. Both nephews went on to play college football and wen you look at a 300 lb lineman you say "holy shit those guys are huges." You have to want to play to take one of them guys on. I know you played so you know what I mean.

Anyhow before they bury me on a mountain side in western MD I would like to see the team get turned around. I miss the days when everyone was wearing their Redskin gear and we all cheered for our team.
I was mainly wr but 2nd string CB. I completely understand being a corner and seeing the offense pull the guards and you have to hold the edge and take out the lead blocker. I was probably 140. Throw your shoulder pad across the guys knee and hope for the best. Lol

Flying up for the home opener with my son. He's never experienced a home Skins game. That's why I need them to beat Tampa week one. I want FedEx to be buzzing with Skins fans.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mainly wr but 2nd string CB. I completely understand being a corner and seeing the offense pull the guards and you have to hold the edge and take out the lead blocker. I was probably 140. Throw your shoulder pad across the guys knee and hope for the best. Lol

Flying up for the home opener with my son. He's never experienced a home Skins game. That's why I need them to beat Tampa week one. I want FedEx to be buzzing with Skins fans.
Pulling for a win for your son, you, me and everyone else.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned 8 in 64, we moved to Maryland in June of 63 .... starting QB was Norm Snead. Jurgensen came in 64 from Philly. Charley Taylor was drafted in 64. Bobby Mitchell was traded to the Redskins in 62 making them the last segregated team in the NFL.
my first skin memory is the ramskin mnf game in the early Allen years.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I have a first game memory. I was real happy when they traded for Sonny. We were all ecstatic when Lombardi was hired. Having George Allen come in, make all those trades and winning games was huge. I was bummed when they traded Paul Kraus who was the best safety ever in Washington. I was a big fan of CT, Jerry Smith, Fischer and Hanburger. Sweet Pea Roy Jefferson and the dancing bear Ron McDole.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I have a first game memory. I was real happy when they traded for Sonny. We were all ecstatic when Lombardi was hired. Having George Allen come in, make all those trades and winning games was huge. I was bummed when they traded Paul Kraus who was the best safety ever in Washington. I was a big fan of CT, Jerry Smith, Fischer and Hanburger. Sweet Pea Roy Jefferson and the dancing bear Ron McDole.
George had a hate for rookies and a love for vets.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt until 67 at age 5 that i became aware of the skins . i loved sonny because he had red hair like me .i remember the senators and frank howard . i have seen caps games and i liked the bullets until they went woke

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt until 67 at age 5 that i became aware of the skins . i loved sonny because he had red hair like me .i remember the senators and frank howard . i have seen caps games and i liked the bullets until they went woke
other than the skins,I remember the bullets winning the championship against the sonics in 78 the year we got cable channels from dc here.unseld was MVP.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home Team Sports, the channel you cheer for. Home Team Sports, the channel you cheer for.

We got the Bullets, we got the Caps, Orioles magic, THE BLAST!

Yeah I just aged myself. Lol

If you grew up in the DMV (Metro Area) these two songs will forever be stuck in your head.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home Team Sports, the channel you cheer for. Home Team Sports, the channel you cheer for.

We got the Bullets, we got the Caps, Orioles magic, THE BLAST!

Yeah I just aged myself. Lol

If you grew up in the DMV (Metro Area) these two songs will forever be stuck in your head.
George had him at skins practice once.