• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Wizards tanking
they are blowing up the team to get out of mediocrity . they have cleared cap , got rid of bad contracts and are stock piling draft picks (albeit 2nd rounders )

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal and Porzingis had most all the power in these situations. Beal could literally reject any trade with his NTC and Porzingis had to opt in for any type of deal to be competed.

The league knew this and took advantage of the situation. I would think GMs are taking note of how harmful a NTC is. Shephard simply wrecked the team. There is literally nothing to show for the wall saga. I guess Monte Morris is the last man standing. At least porzingis opted in so we could get something. Beal was not going to get us much given the absurd contract, NTC, and his health. Kuzma leaving gives us nothing. He should have been traded last deadline.

I am disappointed these trades did not yield any 1st round picks. That hurts. Perhaps Chris paul gets traded today? Who knows if tyrus jones sticks around? The bottom line is that they are ripping the bandaid off and it will sting for a bit. The massive hauls that the fans and bleacher report suggested we would get for Beal and Porzingis was never going to happen. I think winger and dawkins are clearing the books so they can rebuild correctly.

A good GM makes all the difference...lol
Sorry, I had to say it!
if you look at things objectively you would know they werent getting much for any of them because teams knew it was a fire sale . i am not angry with the new GM yet , and see a similar fate for the commanders

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you look at things objectively you would know they werent getting much for any of them because teams knew it was a fire sale . i am not angry with the new GM yet , and see a similar fate for the commanders
Agreed on the fire sale. Leonsis refusing to look outside for help before it was too late dod this. Every GM in the league knows the wizards are desperate and they will get players at a discounted price.

I like what winger and dawkins are doing. I read that the wizards have 125 million in projected cap space for 2024..lol.

I dont think the commanders need a fire sale. I do think they need to clean house in the entire front office. We need a GM who will build a competent and innovative front office. Then, the GM will hire the coach. I am literally dumbfounded why anyone would think Rivera is that guy. It might be just Dean, but I have read comments of general support for Rivera for next year. I am lost on that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the fire sale. Leonsis refusing to look outside for help before it was too late dod this. Every GM in the league knows the wizards are desperate and they will get players at a discounted price.

I like what winger and dawkins are doing. I read that the wizards have 125 million in projected cap space for 2024..lol.

I dont think the commanders need a fire sale. I do think they need to clean house in the entire front office. We need a GM who will build a competent and innovative front office. Then, the GM will hire the coach. I am literally dumbfounded why anyone would think Rivera is that guy. It might be just Dean, but I have read comments of general support for Rivera for next year. I am lost on that.
i dont think they need one either but it could be in play

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal and Porzingis had most all the power in these situations. Beal could literally reject any trade with his NTC and Porzingis had to opt in for any type of deal to be competed.

The league knew this and took advantage of the situation. I would think GMs are taking note of how harmful a NTC is. Shephard simply wrecked the team. There is literally nothing to show for the wall saga. I guess Monte Morris is the last man standing. At least porzingis opted in so we could get something. Beal was not going to get us much given the absurd contract, NTC, and his health. Kuzma leaving gives us nothing. He should have been traded last deadline.

I am disappointed these trades did not yield any 1st round picks. That hurts. Perhaps Chris paul gets traded today? Who knows if tyrus jones sticks around? The bottom line is that they are ripping the bandaid off and it will sting for a bit. The massive hauls that the fans and bleacher report suggested we would get for Beal and Porzingis was never going to happen. I think winger and dawkins are clearing the books so they can rebuild correctly.

A good GM makes all the difference...lol
Sorry, I had to say it!
Yes, Beal was on a max contract with four years left and a no trade clause which is a terrible contract. The Wizards should not have been given a 1st to get rid of that contract.

The Wizards have not been run well for many, many years. Supposedly these new front office guys are the answer. They have good past history. I am not a Wizard fan so it doesn't really matter to me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen very little support for RR, you have said that several times and other than dean I can't remember others saying he should be retained beyond this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue is pretty simple , harris wants to compete and win championships . not just be an avg team yr in and yr out .

dean see's a playoff win for this franchise is some sort of big deal . well the fans would celebrate a bit but the question still is can RR prove he can build and coach a championship contender ?

RR's history strongly suggests he cant 3 winning seasons in 12 yrs

he has to make a NFC title game to make the case he is on track to a superbowl .

look at harris and what he has done with other franchises . if just winning playoff series (doc rivers won one this yr ) then why is he gone ? because his history strongly suggested he wasnt the guy to get an NBA title

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue is pretty simple , harris wants to compete and win championships . not just be an avg team yr in and yr out .

dean see's a playoff win for this franchise is some sort of big deal . well the fans would celebrate a bit but the question still is can RR prove he can build and coach a championship contender ?

RR's history strongly suggests he cant 3 winning seasons in 12 yrs

he has to make a NFC title game to make the case he is on track to a superbowl .

look at harris and what he has done with other franchises . if just winning playoff series (doc rivers won one this yr ) then why is he gone ? because his history strongly suggested he wasnt the guy to get an NBA title
Solid post skinsdad.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen very little support for RR, you have said that several times and other than dean I can't remember others saying he should be retained beyond this year.
Other message board I meant. Extremeskins mostly. Not everyone of course, but more than I would expect.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps have some moves to make. The team is old now. Backstrom should retire. Trade Mantha ... hot sure what to do about Oshie. When he pllayed he was good but he was hurt a lot.

If Howell works out at all they could be close to the best team in the city.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi is this the place where we discuss the recording of Trump committing a crime? Not that it is relevant to the current charges, with more to come, but remember when Dad argued for days that Trump declassified the docs. Well he literally said on the recording "As President I could have declassified them, but now I can't".

How embarrassing for you Dad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi is this the place where we discuss the recording of Trump committing a crime? Not that it is relevant to the current charges, with more to come, but remember when Dad argued for days that Trump declassified the docs. Well he literally said on the recording "As President I could have declassified them, but now I can't".

How embarrassing for you Dad.
Nothing embarrassing at all . The case is a sham but remember you brought this up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how does this alleged evidence get leaked to the press ? How do you get a fair jury selected by doing that ? I suspect the clip is edited if it’s true as we have seen for like 7 yrs . Funny seems Joe Biden layered up over a bribe defense and supposedly he never talked about his business dealings with Hunter ? Yet the evidence tells a different story

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing embarrassing at all . The case is a sham but remember you brought this up
So investigating a former President who stole classified documents, NEVER declassified them as we tried to tell you months ago but you were too stubborn to acknowledge the truth, shared military secrets with random people, lied to the feds, hide said documents etc is now a sham? You were a military man, you know more about security protocol than any of us. And you find nothing wrong with this sort of behavior? We should simply allow private citizens to reveal military secrets obstruct justice and pretty much do whatever they want with Top Secret documents?

Another example of how you are a member of a cult who has lost his ability to distinguish right from wrong. But yeah, go ahead and pivot to Biden or claim the tape was doctored in another wild conspiracy theory. . It's the Trump guy's only move right now because your hero looks guilty as fuck.

And you were flat out wrong when you claimed he declassified these documents, not that it even matters with regard to the current charges. Are you man enough to admit that?

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Biden have classified docs; asking for a friend?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So investigating a former President who stole classified documents, NEVER declassified them as we tried to tell you months ago but you were too stubborn to acknowledge the truth, shared military secrets with random people, lied to the feds, hide said documents etc is now a sham? You were a military man, you know more about security protocol than any of us. And you find nothing wrong with this sort of behavior? We should simply allow private citizens to reveal military secrets obstruct justice and pretty much do whatever they want with Top Secret documents?

Another example of how you are a member of a cult who has lost his ability to distinguish right from wrong. But yeah, go ahead and pivot to Biden or claim the tape was doctored in another wild conspiracy theory. . It's the Trump guy's only move right now because your hero looks guilty as fuck.

And you were flat out wrong when you claimed he declassified these documents, not that it even matters with regard to the current charges. Are you man enough to admit that?
the only cult member is you , your accusations are false and that supposed tape doesnt prove a thing . in 2016 HRC had classified documents on her illegal server . silence from you , does joe biden have a state where he didnt have classified docs ? silence from you . i have handled classified docs and you havent . the president of the US can declassify what he wants

if you were the supposed voice of reason you claim you would have been here when they did their crimes . you didnt spare me your fake outrage and your BS gotcha moment

i will make a prediction , trump will be convicted of something , maybe not miami , or NY(but probably ) but in DC where the fix is in and you will come back here to gloat but in the end most of us see this for what it is a sham

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont buy anything you are describing is true . that tape proves nothing . is there more tape ? congress edited Jan 6 tapes so i am to buy this isnt edited ? and when i say edited i mean certain things are left out . my so called conspiracy theories have proven more wrong then right

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1687969591804.png