• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic but loosely related

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you got some issue with L.A. eh? I agree some parts of it are shit but I'd also argue not all of it is shit and it's a helluva lot better than a whole lot of other places in the US. Baltimore? New Jersey? Chicago? Washington DC? New Haven CT??????

And on and on and on.

I live about 20 miles north of downtown L.A. in Stevenson Ranch which is a world away. No crime, beautiful area, best schools in the US. If I'm lucky enough to live long enough to see my kid graduate from high school we'll then sell our house for some ridiculous amount of money and move to the gulf coast where we'll live out our final days.
I grew up in SoCal and spent a lot of time in LA. I have earned the right to talk smack about the place I used to call home.
LA is one of the few large cities I could live in - if they moved it out of California. Remember, I just left California for good a few months ago.
It was a place I used to love. Call it a nasty break-up!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at least 5 drops Charlie. Long time no see.

Welcome back.

IMO he looked damn good. A hell of a lot better than Gabbert or the other guy.

Did you see the game or just read the stats??

I didn't see the game. Just read a few articles on his performance.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in SoCal and spent a lot of time in LA. I have earned the right to talk smack about the place I used to call home.
LA is one of the few large cities I could live in - if they moved it out of California. Remember, I just left California for good a few months ago.
It was a place I used to love. Call it a nasty break-up!

Right on. And I partially get it. When we finally do leave this place I highly doubt we will ever return. I will always have "east coast" running through my veins but we've come tp accept this place as not so bad for the time being. And my kid was born here so he's kinda a SoCal kid(and yes he loves to skateboard).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on. And I partially get it. When we finally do leave this place I highly doubt we will ever return. I will always have "east coast" running through my veins but we've come tp accept this place as not so bad for the time being. And my kid was born here so he's kinda a SoCal kid(and yes he loves to skateboard).
It just hurts when I remember what it once was. I was so blessed to grow up in SoCal - back then.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game. Just read a few articles on his performance.
If you get a chance, see if there are any clips. He looked strong in the pocket and moved fast when he had to do it. I was surprised. I will say that he throws rockets. Receivers had a tough time wrapping those puppies up. He will have to learn that bullets aren't always the answer.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL stated that every team would host the Super Bowl going forward.

The owners agreed to it and they said that no stadium would get multiple Super Bowls while older smaller stadiums would be ignored. That was for the benefit of Buffalo, New England, Chicago and Green Bay.

So far there have been games in Tampa Bay, New York, Houston, Arizona. You know that they will have one pretty quick at Las Vegas, SoFi and Dallas.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The owners agreed to it and they said that no stadium would get multiple Super Bowls while older smaller stadiums would be ignored. That was for the benefit of Buffalo, New England, Chicago and Green Bay.

So far there have been games in Tampa Bay, New York, Houston, Arizona. You know that they will have one pretty quick at Las Vegas, SoFi and Dallas.
Los Angeles, New Orleans, San Diego, Stanford, Miami, Pasadena, Jacksonville, Detroit, Minneapolis, Arlington, Indianapolis, New Jersey, Santa Clara, Atlanta, all have had Superbowls. There have been no Superbowls in New York, thank God!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sofi is this year, is it not?

Again, an absolutely fantastic venue but I can see issues galore with this Super Bowl. Not sure the majority of the US quite understands the neighborhood that thing got dropped into.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles, New Orleans, San Diego, Stanford, Miami, Pasadena, Jacksonville, Detroit, Minneapolis, Arlington, Indianapolis, New Jersey, Santa Clara, Atlanta, all have had Superbowls. There have been no Superbowls in New York, thank God!

A much larger conversation but I strongly feel(with my incredibly limited knowledge about the topic) that the Chargers made a huge mistake moving out of San Diego. It's such a nice city and if you fly in to see a game you're at the venue in 5 minutes. Great weather. Great city. Traffic is manageable. Tons of shit to do. Great place for a Super Bowl.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been no Superbowls in New York, thank God!
Didn't they have one in Giants Stadium a few years ago? There was a horrible storm but the weather was unseasonably warm for the game. Or did they move it??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they ever had one in Foxboro, t
Sofi is this year, is it not?

Again, an absolutely fantastic venue but I can see issues galore with this Super Bowl. Not sure the majority of the US quite understands the neighborhood that thing got dropped into.
he league would have to require that access be enlarged to no less than three lanes each way and overhead exits out of the lot to 495N/495S. It would also have to be widened to 93 and 95. No way that 73,000 people could get in and out comfortably or safely. Having the direct train out of Boston has helped but no one likes getting on a train for a half hour ride that should take ten minutes on a train.

Building a new stadium with 75-80,000 seats would be a nightmare of the mentality of M. Night Shamalan

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he league would have to require that access be enlarged to no less than three lanes each way and overhead exits out of the lot to 495N/495S. It would also have to be widened to 93 and 95. No way that 73,000 people could get in and out comfortably or safely.

There is no freeway access to Sofi(it's about two miles away down a two lane road). Fortunately, it's not far away from some really nice beach towns so the NFL will pretend everything is in a nice neighborhood. You'll be seeing videos of beaches and outdoor bars and restaurants and volleyball and all good shit, meanwhile the game will be played about 20 feet away from tent cities.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he league would have to require that access be enlarged to no less than three lanes each way and overhead exits out of the lot to 495N/495S. It would also have to be widened to 93 and 95. No way that 73,000 people could get in and out comfortably or safely. Having the direct train out of Boston has helped but no one likes getting on a train for a half hour ride that should take ten minutes on a train.

Building a new stadium with 75-80,000 seats would be a nightmare of the mentality of M. Night Shamalan
Sorry have to disagree. For most people it's a once in a lifetime shot. He'll I'd be ok if it took me 6 hours to get out of Foxboro after a SB.

This is like the old arguement that the NFL doesn't want to hold a SB in a cold weather city without a dome. Being born in Boston I'd much prefer to watch a game in the snow as opposed to oppresive heat. There are many fans from the northern climate who are used to it.

Fuck them pansies from Florida. The only way I would go to a SB in FL. would be if I won tickets. Even then I'd probably sell them if it was Miami. If FL. is actually the penius of the US, Miami is right about where the piss comes out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like the old arguement that the NFL doesn't want to hold a SB in a cold weather city without a dome. Being born in Boston I'd much prefer to watch a game in the snow as opposed to oppresive heat. There are many fans from the northern climate who are used to it.
I was Born in Maine and playing in subfreezing weather was normal.

The greatest fear that the NFL has would be having Miami and LA in a Super Bowl being played in Buffalo during a Lake Erie Effect blizzard.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Born in Maine and playing in subfreezing weather was normal.

The greatest fear that the NFL has would be having Miami and LA in a Super Bowl being played in Buffalo during a Lake Erie Effect blizzard.
That's a theory and in my opinion a bad one. Many NFL players grew up in north or went to college there. Numerous fans from those two cities states likely grew up elsewhere.

As deseperate as Miami is to make it to the big dance the game would sell out in record time.