• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic but loosely related

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No jest there are a lot of bitter fans here that act as if the Pats didn't deserve what they got. Or that when some other team didn't get something they feel they should have. Absolutely bitter fans and some that live in denial
You made your point.
I do want to say that you can disagree without being bitter.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the US women's team got spanked by Sweden 3-0 not a good start

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The company I work for here in Los Angeles does a lot of business with Fedex so myself and a co-worker(and our wife's) got invited to the Rams/Chargers game at the brand new Sofi Stadium is L.A. last night(well, it was new last year but nobody got to go). We got to hang out in a fully catered private suite and had a blast.

1) What an amazing fucking stadium. I mean, absolutely beautiful and stunning in every possible way. I don't imagine there is a shitty seat in the house. Everything is laid out well. The sound system was off the charts. Just a fantastic stadium and the production crew had their shit together.
2) That said, it was completely unorganized and total mayhem from a logistical perspective. A lot of growing pains ahead for that stadium. Parking lot attendants were claiming there were no parking spots available even though there were and they were accepting bribes to let us in. Yes, we bribed a guy with a $20 to let us park otherwise it would've been a traffic nightmare to turn around. Total fucking chaos and just a complete free for all. There was a major fucking brawl about halfway through the game and absolutely NO security to stop it. No security, no cops, no nothing. The brawl went on for at least 15 minutes and one guy left in a stretcher. If I had been in the stands with my wife and kid I don't know what I would have done.
3) No direct access to any major freeways from the stadium so you have no choice but to drive through a far less than stellar section of Los Angeles. Not exactly a "family friendly" experience. For all of the wonder of that stadium I would be reluctant to bring my kid as the odds of getting into some serious shit are high.
4) But back to the actual stadium. I don't see how Bob Kraft cannot realize that Gillette is very quickly becoming a dinosaur. To my knowledge, Gillette is exactly the same as it was when I was last there 10 years ago. Some of these new stadiums are just amazing and Kraft is going to have to address it.

p.s. the game fucking sucked but at least I got a good buzz on watching some actual football.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The company I work for here in Los Angeles does a lot of business with Fedex so myself and a co-worker(and our wife's) got invited to the Rams/Chargers game at the brand new Sofi Stadium is L.A. last night(well, it was new last year but nobody got to go). We got to hang out in a fully catered private suite and had a blast.

1) What an amazing fucking stadium. I mean, absolutely beautiful and stunning in every possible way. I don't imagine there is a shitty seat in the house. Everything is laid out well. The sound system was off the charts. Just a fantastic stadium and the production crew had their shit together.
2) That said, it was completely unorganized and total mayhem from a logistical perspective. A lot of growing pains ahead for that stadium. Parking lot attendants were claiming there were no parking spots available even though there were and they were accepting bribes to let us in. Yes, we bribed a guy with a $20 to let us park otherwise it would've been a traffic nightmare to turn around. Total fucking chaos and just a complete free for all. There was a major fucking brawl about halfway through the game and absolutely NO security to stop it. No security, no cops, no nothing. The brawl went on for at least 15 minutes and one guy left in a stretcher. If I had been in the stands with my wife and kid I don't know what I would have done.
3) No direct access to any major freeways from the stadium so you have no choice but to drive through a far less than stellar section of Los Angeles. Not exactly a "family friendly" experience. For all of the wonder of that stadium I would be reluctant to bring my kid as the odds of getting into some serious shit are high.
4) But back to the actual stadium. I don't see how Bob Kraft cannot realize that Gillette is very quickly becoming a dinosaur. To my knowledge, Gillette is exactly the same as it was when I was last there 10 years ago. Some of these new stadiums are just amazing and Kraft is going to have to address it.

p.s. the game fucking sucked but at least I got a good buzz on watching some actual football.
LMFAO! It's LA. There is no nice part of LA. Better than SF though.
It is so bad in LA that the other day two dudes got mugged while they were trying to rob a liquor store!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only place he could build would be on the practice field and the acreage beyond that he owns. Right now the stadium seats just under 69,000 but has standing room for about 2000. Gillette opened in 2001 and Kraft has made continuous improvements. This past year he added a $25M super screen at the closed end of the stadium and a $10M screen to the left of the Lighthouse.

Financially, he would have no reason to spend $2B on a hi-tech monster like So-Fi and tear down a perfectly good stadium. The Patriots are the second most valuable franchise in the NFL and building a stadium that would cost 40% of that worth would have to be seriously investigated before shelling out $100M to prep the ground. How much would a new stadium add to the value of the team?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've only seen one game at Foxboro, I thought the stadium was fine.
Getting in and out was an absolute nightmare compared to Nissan stadium (Where the Titans play.
I've been to many Titans games as well as other events. Literally minutes from the time you get in your car to rolling down the interstate.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen one game at Foxboro, I thought the stadium was fine.
Getting in and out was an absolute nightmare compared to Nissan stadium (Where the Titans play.
I've been to many Titans games as well as other events. Literally minutes from the time you get in your car to rolling down the interstate.
Last trip to Foboro was years ago and I got there early hitchhiking.
Last trip to Nashville was years ago and I got there early and walked from downtown.

Both are great venues in my expewrience but compared to LA where the hookers give you a blowjob as you walk to the stadium, maybe we are missing out? Really good drugs on the streets of La make for a fine experience too.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a place to discuss the Cornhole championships widely broadcast by ESPN
The first time I saw Cornhole being played was at a brewery with an outdoor beer garden on Cape Cod. It was a.nice day and I had a spot on a bench and a cold beer. It was just little kids playing.

I realized that if I've got a comfortable seat and a beer, I'll watch any sport.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THAT IS ONE SCARY "THING"

If I woke up and saw that laying next to me and my arm was under her pillow, I'd chew it off and never as much as whimper.,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something a bit more football......

Watched the Bengals and Bucs game. We tend to forget certain players until we either hear something or they play the Pats. Kyle Trask was drafted by the Bucs and he got in the game in the third and fourth quarters. I have to say that I'm impressed. The kid has a howitzer and he's dead nuts accurate. He's the future QB of the Bucs without question. And he can run.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Trask was drafted by the Bucs and he got in the game in the third and fourth quarters. I have to say that I'm impressed. The kid has a howitzer and he's dead nuts accurate. He's the future QB of the Bucs without question. And he can run.

"Dead Nuts Accurate"?????

He was 4 of 15 for 35 yards.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last trip to Nashville was years ago and I got there early and walked from downtown.

Both are great venues in my expewrience but compared to LA where the hookers give you a blowjob as you walk to the stadium, maybe we are missing out? Really good drugs on the streets of La make for a fine experience too.
Well...if the hookers are giving BJ's instead of selling BJ's they really aren't doing their job right. Which is not to say they aren't doing their job well...

Unless it's buy one get one free?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time I saw Cornhole being played was at a brewery with an outdoor beer garden on Cape Cod. It was a.nice day and I had a spot on a bench and a cold beer. It was just little kids playing.

I realized that if I've got a comfortable seat and a beer, I'll watch any sport.
Cornhole.
For those that are too stupid to get out of the way of a horse shoe...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 4 of 15 for 35 yards.
And at least 5 drops Charlie. Long time no see.

Welcome back.

IMO he looked damn good. A hell of a lot better than Gabbert or the other guy.

Did you see the game or just read the stats??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, you got some issue with L.A. eh? I agree some parts of it are shit but I'd also argue not all of it is shit and it's a helluva lot better than a whole lot of other places in the US. Baltimore? New Jersey? Chicago? Washington DC? New Haven CT??????

And on and on and on.

I live about 20 miles north of downtown L.A. in Stevenson Ranch which is a world away. No crime, beautiful area, best schools in the US. If I'm lucky enough to live long enough to see my kid graduate from high school we'll then sell our house for some ridiculous amount of money and move to the gulf coast where we'll live out our final days.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only place he could build would be on the practice field and the acreage beyond that he owns. Right now the stadium seats just under 69,000 but has standing room for about 2000. Gillette opened in 2001 and Kraft has made continuous improvements. This past year he added a $25M super screen at the closed end of the stadium and a $10M screen to the left of the Lighthouse.

Financially, he would have no reason to spend $2B on a hi-tech monster like So-Fi and tear down a perfectly good stadium. The Patriots are the second most valuable franchise in the NFL and building a stadium that would cost 40% of that worth would have to be seriously investigated before shelling out $100M to prep the ground. How much would a new stadium add to the value of the team?

Fair enough. Good points. That said, hard to imagine there will ever be a Super Bowl in Foxboro.