• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic but loosely related

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's political climate reporters should know what the heck they can and cannot say. White chick basically said the black chick was inept and is only there because of the color of her skin. Pretty dumb shit to say. She opened the can of worms and ESPN went fishing so who's to blame? I think we all know the answer to that.
Did you listen to the audio? Definitely Karen but did not disparage the other chick. She was pissed at ESPN.

Any time you open your mouth, you are responsible for what came out. Think she'll understand?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you listen to the audio? Definitely Karen but did not disparage the other chick. She was pissed at ESPN.

Any time you open your mouth, you are responsible for what came out. Think she'll understand?
Can we be honest?? Ever since the BLM thing start, there's been an over reaction by every network. All of a sudden the number of women of color had increased ten fold. Some are excellent and should be where they are. Others couldn't find their own belly button hole without help from an assistant. Between BLM and the LBGQT whatever, the leftist networks are saturating everything with these changes. Problem is that the majority of viewers are starting to tune out and change the channel. The movie channels are taking off like rockets. Racial bias? White Privledge? Maybe it's just plain poor quality of the product presented.

I watch a lot of television and I also will watch every new show. If it's something that interests me, I'll keep watching, otherwise I move on. Television is so poor right now that I've written 13 chapters of a new book I'm writing. That's 8 novels in 4 years.

Talk about shitty television.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we be honest?? Ever since the BLM thing start, there's been an over reaction by every network. All of a sudden the number of women of color had increased ten fold. Some are excellent and should be where they are. Others couldn't find their own belly button hole without help from an assistant. Between BLM and the LBGQT whatever, the leftist networks are saturating everything with these changes. Problem is that the majority of viewers are starting to tune out and change the channel. The movie channels are taking off like rockets. Racial bias? White Privledge? Maybe it's just plain poor quality of the product presented.

I watch a lot of television and I also will watch every new show. If it's something that interests me, I'll keep watching, otherwise I move on. Television is so poor right now that I've written 13 chapters of a new book I'm writing. That's 8 novels in 4 years.

Talk about shitty television.
I don't agree that since BLM the problem existed all along. Major networks refused to higher people of color. A lot of people don't see this, can't see it or refuse to see, White America is pretty fucked up unless your upper class white.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It appears the Nichols chick understands. ESPN supposedly just canceled her show and removed her from NBA reporting. Her days appear to be numbered.

My personal opinion is 1) what she said was not bad at all and 2) she thought it was confidential and she still didn't say anything truly bad.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that since BLM the problem existed all along. Major networks refused to higher people of color. A lot of people don't see this, can't see it or refuse to see, White America is pretty fucked up unless your upper class white.
I don' disagree with you Reb. The problem is that the networks have over-reacted and just hired both men and women to fill slots and they've removed people that have been their standard bearers for years. No question that blacks have been bypassed in favor of whites, but networks pay very close attention to their viewership and what that viewership is watching. So do sponsors. If you're Fritolay and your sponsoring a nightly sports talk show that's been on for three years and the network suddenly decides to get rid of the oldest white male and insert a young black woman and the numbers drop, what happens? Frito now looks at those numbers and makes a business decision whether or not to put their ads somewhere else.
Nothing personal against the black chick but maybe the network should have consulted with Fritolay before making the move.

Here's the big kick in the nuts. The old guy goes to another station and starts working with two other guys, one white and the other Asian and that sports show takes off and now is the top sports nightly show.

Would you consider Fritolay racist if they moved a $50M a year sponsorship to the other network program?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don' disagree with you Reb. The problem is that the networks have over-reacted and just hired both men and women to fill slots and they've removed people that have been their standard bearers for years. No question that blacks have been bypassed in favor of whites, but networks pay very close attention to their viewership and what that viewership is watching. So do sponsors. If you're Fritolay and your sponsoring a nightly sports talk show that's been on for three years and the network suddenly decides to get rid of the oldest white male and insert a young black woman and the numbers drop, what happens? Frito now looks at those numbers and makes a business decision whether or not to put their ads somewhere else.
Nothing personal against the black chick but maybe the network should have consulted with Fritolay before making the move.

Here's the big kick in the nuts. The old guy goes to another station and starts working with two other guys, one white and the other Asian and that sports show takes off and now is the top sports nightly show.

Would you consider Fritolay racist if they moved a $50M a year sponsorship to the other network program?
I agree and see the issue which is why I said Wealthy White America or Upper Class White America, I am not fooled that they are the one's pulling the trigger. For me being married to a black chick, and raising a black male I see shit I was oblivious to in the past. It's not that I didn't care I simply was not aware how fucked up this country is, I was not aware because I was not effected. I don't blame lower or middle class white America they may not even be aware of how bad things can be. But you can bet your ass upper class white America knows, Firto lay, Amazon, Wal Mart trust me they know and they control the narrative.

Short Side Story: My kid was six or eight years old this would be about 1999 he and I were traveling from Florida to visit my parents, who got a wake up call when I married my wife. We stopped at a grocery store in North Carolina I asked where the bathroom was my son needed to pee. We were told they did not have public bathrooms, in 19 ficking 99 man it crushed me, I still well up when I think about. I am not ashamed of my ethnic background not as much as I should be but our leaders yeah I really cannot stand them.

I know most people here don't listen to RAP and I don't either there is a song by Adam Calhoun called Racism, in the song he implies poor whites have more in common with poor blacks and that rich whites pit us against each other sit back and watch it happen. I believe that to be true, I found that song very powerful.

Do I see America making strides I do, but we will never be a unified country. Never

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and see the issue which is why I said Wealthy White America or Upper Class White America, I am not fooled that they are the one's pulling the trigger. For me being married to a black chick, and raising a black male I see shit I was oblivious to in the past. It's not that I didn't care I simply was not aware how fucked up this country is, I was not aware because I was not effected. I don't blame lower or middle class white America they may not even be aware of how bad things can be. But you can bet your ass upper class white America knows, Firto lay, Amazon, Wal Mart trust me they know and they control the narrative.

Short Side Story: My kid was six or eight years old this would be about 1999 he and I were traveling from Florida to visit my parents, who got a wake up call when I married my wife. We stopped at a grocery store in North Carolina I asked where the bathroom was my son needed to pee. We were told they did not have public bathrooms, in 19 ficking 99 man it crushed me, I still well up when I think about. I am not ashamed of my ethnic background not as much as I should be but our leaders yeah I really cannot stand them.

I know most people here don't listen to RAP and I don't either there is a song by Adam Calhoun called Racism, in the song he implies poor whites have more in common with poor blacks and that rich whites pit us against each other sit back and watch it happen. I believe that to be true, I found that song very powerful.

Do I see America making strides I do, but we will never be a unified country. Never
An eye opening story.
I, personally, due to my own experiences working literally side by side with many ethnicities over the past 30 plus years, do not believe that racism is as bad as the elites and MSM would like us to believe it is.
But that is working with others of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, not living with and married too.
But...life is what you make of it.
When I was in DC I worked with many blacks and hispanics. Every body always divided into their ethnic groups at breaks and lunch no matter what crew they were on. At first, most of the hispanics would not speak to me. They didn't trust me. One, a younger man, didn't seem to care. He was always happy anyway. I started conversing best I could with him and his mistaken/broken english. But every time we would talk, I would ask him to say it in spanish as well as english. His teaching me spanish delighted him and soon others joined in teaching me to speak construction site spanish.
I was able to make some friends just by showing a bit of kindness and respect instead of "Your in our country, learn our language". It made my job so much easier then some of the other foremen because it increased morale and eased tension in addition to making communication easier.

This past Sunday I parked our Jeep at the top level of a parking garage in Nashville to "Stake Claim" to a section of real estate to watch the fireworks 10 hours later. Sure enough, at 7:00 pm we get back to the Jeep, pull it away from the parapet wall and get out the chairs. as it gets darker more and more people are coming in and starting to "crowd" us. My tension kept rising and rising as this black family kept getting larger and larger and everytime three more would show up, they would get on their phones and call their cousins to come up! This one boy kept bumping into my chair to the point he was moving it. My stress level was through the roof.
My wife got up and opened the hatch on the Jeep and got a water out of the cooler. She just leaned there a minute, sitting against the bumper. I got up and got a water too. I asked her, you gonna sit here? she said What? I told her, I'm gonna give the chairs away. she said yeah, she's comfortable. I told two of the black kids, hey go ahead and sit down. It was such a relief for me. I had no idea at that time how much I was stressing myself out over nothing. Everybody was there to celebrate our independence, and I was the angry old man, even though I kept it in, I was tearing myself up over nothing but a few square inches of concrete. The dad thanked me, the three guys standing between the vehicles behind me started talking to me, It was an awesome show and I had a great time, once I let go of my own insecurities.

So, when you say "... but we will never be a unified country. Never" I disagree.
We can and will be. It will just take effort and time. Effort to look past our immediate initial feelings. The kid wasn't trying to crowd me, he was anxious for the fireworks to start.
Time to convince others to be open and accepting, time for those that are too stubborn to change to die off.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An eye opening story.
I, personally, due to my own experiences working literally side by side with many ethnicities over the past 30 plus years, do not believe that racism is as bad as the elites and MSM would like us to believe it is.
But that is working with others of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, not living with and married too.
When I was in DC I worked with many blacks and hispanics. Every body always divided into their ethnic groups at breaks and lunch no matter what crew they were on. At first, most of the hispanics would not speak to me. They didn't trust me. One, a younger man, didn't seem to care. He was always happy anyway. I started conversing best I could with him and his mistaken/broken english. But every time we would talk, I would ask him to say it in spanish as well as english. His teaching me spanish delighted him and soon others joined in teaching me to speak construction site spanish.
I was able to make some friends just by showing a bit of kindness and respect instead of "Your in our country, learn our language". It made my job so much easier then some of the other foremen because it increased morale and eased tension in addition to making communication easier.

This past Sunday I parked our Jeep at the top level of a parking garage in Nashville to "Stake Claim" to a section of real estate to watch the fireworks 10 hours later. Sure enough, at 7:00 pm we get back to the Jeep, pull it away from the parapet wall and get out the chairs. as it gets darker more and more people are coming in and starting to "crowd" us. My tension kept rising and rising as this black family kept getting larger and larger and everytime three more would show up, they would get on their phones and call their cousins to come up! This one boy kept bumping into my chair to the point he was moving it. My stress level was through the roof.
My wife got up and opened the hatch on the Jeep and got a water out of the cooler. She just leaned there a minute, sitting against the bumper. I got up and got a water too. I asked her, you gonna sit here? she said What? I told her, I'm gonna give the chairs away. she said yeah, she's comfortable. I told two of the black kids, hey go ahead and sit down. It was such a relief for me. I had no idea at that time how much I was stressing myself out over nothing. Everybody was there to celebrate our independence, and I was the angry old man, even though I kept it in, I was tearing myself up over nothing but a few square inches of concrete. The dad thanked me, the three guys standing between the vehicles behind me started talking to me, It was an awesome show and I had a great time, once I let go of my own insecurities.

So, when you say "... but we will never be a unified country. Never" I disagree.
We can and will be. It will just take effort and time. Effort to look past our immediate initial feelings. The kid wasn't trying to crowd me, he was anxious for the fireworks to start.
Time to convince others to be open and accepting, time for those that are too stubborn to change to die off.
YT - Have you ever had someone follow you through a store because they assumed you were there to shoplift? Much of the racism is more an undertone and not significant as an individual incident, but it realllllly adds up. This is a simple example and does not scratch the surface of the impact of racial treatments.

My black brother in law is standing next to his wife checking into a hotel room and the clerk says "Excuse me, can you give this lady some space?". That one is a more ignorant mistake but what might have he said if the woman was black and he was white.

Personally, I don't like the term "white privilege". Most people have earned whatever privileges they have. It's the few that think they deserve more than someone else and in their heads without knowing anyone in front of them decide who they deserve more than.

I'm in a store the other day and am third in a line when another register opens up. The person in front of me waited a second, then started for the register. I said hold up (politely) and asked the first woman if she wanted to go to the other register and she smiled and said she's fine, then order resumed. The woman in front of me was black, but the woman behind me was white and said to me "good for you for saying something" and I really could hear "good for you keeping those people in line". Both woman in front of me were black and both recognized I was just being conscientious without any thank you or dirty looks. I felt bad though because I made a racist feel good and risked alienating someone with a perception I "was in charge" because I was the white guy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An eye opening story.

If you really think this country will be unified I really think you are turning a blind eye, it's never been unified never not even from it's inception. In the 1700s poor white people were kept from voting by the rich white people, that's not made up that's real shit. Seperation was the plan from the outset and it's only grown worse. I have no issues what people choose to believe in this instance I don't think you could be more wrong.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YT - Have you ever had someone follow you through a store because they assumed you were there to shoplift? Much of the racism is more an undertone and not significant as an individual incident, but it realllllly adds up. This is a simple example and does not scratch the surface of the impact of racial treatments.

My black brother in law is standing next to his wife checking into a hotel room and the clerk says "Excuse me, can you give this lady some space?". That one is a more ignorant mistake but what might have he said if the woman was black and he was white.

Personally, I don't like the term "white privilege". Most people have earned whatever privileges they have. It's the few that think they deserve more than someone else and in their heads without knowing anyone in front of them decide who they deserve more than.

I'm in a store the other day and am third in a line when another register opens up. The person in front of me waited a second, then started for the register. I said hold up (politely) and asked the first woman if she wanted to go to the other register and she smiled and said she's fine, then order resumed. The woman in front of me was black, but the woman behind me was white and said to me "good for you for saying something" and I really could hear "good for you keeping those people in line". Both woman in front of me were black and both recognized I was just being conscientious without any thank you or dirty looks. I felt bad though because I made a racist feel good and risked alienating someone with a perception I "was in charge" because I was the white guy.
The undertone is a huge part of it and it's the part that people are oblivious to.

When I use the term " White Privilege" I use it more in relationship to things people say or do and how they feel because of status they are beyond reproach or if called on simply do not give shit. I don't care if they live in mansions and drive Maybachs fine they earned that, but did earn the right to be ignorant;

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a daughter married to a black man and a half and half grandson. I'm not around for what they hve to deal with but I recognize a lot of things now that I would have ignored in the past. The same daughter is the one abandoned by my first grandson's father. If I ever cross his path or he mine, I will spend the rest of my life in prison , I will kill this MF in a heartbeat, but he will know who I am and why he's dying.

That same grandson who was abandoned will soon be a father and his girlfriend is half Hispanic. Now I'm sensitive to things people say about them.

The real problem is perception. When you hear about drug deals, Most people immediately think of Mexicans or Columbians. That's lack of knowledge because most of the coke grown today is grown in Peru. When they hear about a street dealer, they immediately picture a black man standing on a corner near a basketball court or playground. Why? How many movies have yuo seen where the drug dealers are white professionals? You haven't, we've been brainwashed because Hollywood didn't want to project white people as evil.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The undertone is a huge part of it and it's the part that people are oblivious to.

When I use the term " White Privilege" I use it more in relationship to things people say or do and how they feel because of status they are beyond reproach or if called on simply do not give shit. I don't care if they live in mansions and drive Maybachs fine they earned that, but did earn the right to be ignorant;
I completely agree with that context and I don't contest anyone for using it at all. We all know what it means. I just think it deserves to be noted that we all don't fall into it, or at least there are degrees of it and most of us only have a small degree.

We live in a world of individuals and not groups, however power is derived by groups. But what defines a group and what is a group's characteristics? Without going too deep, when you belong to a group of bowlers its easy to see the common characteristic is an appreciation of bowling. It's quite different than when you are placed into another group and others decide for themselves what those characteristics are.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a daughter married to a black man and a half and half grandson. I'm not around for what they hve to deal with but I recognize a lot of things now that I would have ignored in the past. The same daughter is the one abandoned by my first grandson's father. If I ever cross his path or he mine, I will spend the rest of my life in prison , I will kill this MF in a heartbeat, but he will know who I am and why he's dying.

That same grandson who was abandoned will soon be a father and his girlfriend is half Hispanic. Now I'm sensitive to things people say about them.

The real problem is perception. When you hear about drug deals, Most people immediately think of Mexicans or Columbians. That's lack of knowledge because most of the coke grown today is grown in Peru. When they hear about a street dealer, they immediately picture a black man standing on a corner near a basketball court or playground. Why? How many movies have yuo seen where the drug dealers are white professionals? You haven't, we've been brainwashed because Hollywood didn't want to project white people as evil.
I don't agree with most of this, but I do agree 100% with your sentiment. There are plenty of roles throughout Hollywood that portrays money as the root of all evil. I think Hollywood reflects life where there's a higher involvement with the drug trade with minorities, but it due to the greater reward relative to risk created by socio-economic conditions. And I repeat, the group is "socio-economically challenged" and not "minorities".

In the mid-90's I was watching TV with my grandmother and had a very rare opportunity. A news snippet came on and flashed a big black man that was arrested for a violent crime. For no reason my grandmother said in a neutral tone "you got to admit there are more of them who are bad". I replied in the same neutral tone "I don't have to admit that, I think there's an equal amount of everybody who is bad". She replied again in a neutral tone "You're right". The conversation end there but the implication was clear: her mind had been tainted by her generation, but her heart was pure enough to see she had no basis for those thoughts.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in a world of individuals and not groups, however power is derived by groups. But what defines a group and what is a group's characteristics? Without going too deep, when you belong to a group of bowlers its easy to see the common characteristic is an appreciation of bowling. It's quite different than when you are placed into another group and others decide for themselves what those characteristics are.
This is a great analogy. When you think of bowlers, what do think of? A middle aged overweight guy wearing an ugly ass short sleeve shirt and weird shoes. The problem is that the pros we've seen on TV in the past might have been a bit thinner but they wore those ugly ass shirts and shoes.

My wife was a cross-stitcher and quilter about 25 years ago. She's a detail oriented person and her work was incredible. Her quilts sold for more than $800. We were hysterical when we saw one hanging in an antique flea market with a price of $1500. We knew it was hers because she detailed her initials in the lower right patch. An Untrained eye would never see it. The guy nearly shit himself when he told us that it was made in the early 1800's. When my showed him her initials and said that it was 100% hand stitched by her less than 25 years before he almost cried. He paid $1000 for it. Oh yeah, the cloth patches were old material. MY point is, the group of women that would come to the house or that my wife stitch with were all thirty to fifty years older than her. Exactly what we perceive and have been shown time after time.

For those of you that don't know what cross stitching is: In the 1600's. 1700's and 1800's girls didn't go to formal school. They learned to read and write by painstakingly stitching the alphabet and numbers on a piece of linen cloth. They would also stitch their family's names and birthdates as well as a saying or even a flower. We found one stitched in !733 in my grandfather's sea trunk. It took 40 years to track down the family. There is a Boultenhouse Family Museum in Canada. The girl who stitched the sampler was name Marimattie Boultenhouse and we went to her grave which was less than a mile from the museum. We donated the sampler and a hand stitched baby bonnet that she made to the museum. The Boultenhouses were ship builders and my family were all seamen and fisherman. It's now a centerpiece display in the museum and my wife and I are considered founders. You never know.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... my first grandson's father. If I ever cross his path or he mine, I will spend the rest of my life in prison , I will kill this MF in a heartbeat, but he will know who I am and why he's dying.
You need to let that go. He's a shitty person but those actions don't warrant a death penalty. At most they warrant a caining, but we don't do that in this country. That guy's just rewards is living with himself. Rarely do shitty people live happily ever after, even if they manage to accumulate wealth.

You need to see the rewards your involvement with your grandson has brought to you. That shitty person may have brought you great challenges, but he also provided you an opportunity to enrich your life. Now, shitty guy don't get any bonus points for giving you that opportunity, but he's the one who lost the opportunity of a life with your grandson.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to let that go. He's a shitty person but those actions don't warrant a death penalty. At most they warrant a caining, but we don't do that in this country. That guy's just rewards is living with himself. Rarely do shitty people live happily ever after, even if they manage to accumulate wealth.
Easier said than done. I'd accept just taking that asshole to his mortal edge. I was a pro at this stuff and swear, I'd hurt this guy so bad, he'd beg me to kill him to end it. I have gremlins that live in my head and they've been in cages since 1971. If I saw this guy, there's no way I could keep the locks on those doors.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I have been followed through a store for fear of I would shoplift.
The thing about growing up in a bigoted all white environment is that the bigots will turn their bigotry to whoever is different, whatever that difference may be.
If super poor is different from the standard poor, so be it. If new in town is the difference, so be it. If big nose or really skinny, or shy or different accent...so be it. I was the vast majority of those and was the victim of many...emotional assaults'...from adults in my "Home Town" when I was young.
I went out for the high school basket ball team, JV actually as Junior high kids were only allowed on JV. We had a whole slew of balls, old and new, rubber and leather, some were much nicer than others. We went into the gym one afternoon and I picked up one of the "nicer" leather practice balls and started dribbling. Coach, his name was Marvin Pritchard, came up to me and slammed the ball out of my hands and screamed at me "YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE THOSE BALLS!! YOU USE THOSE BALLS!!!" as he pointed to the old worn rubber balls.
Needless to say all the other kids erupted in laughter and the lesson for them all was that I was to be the target of any animosity they had.
I was sent to the local convenience store, before they were known as such, to buy smokes for my mother one evening. She said, this is a $20, make sure you don't lose any of the change. Debbie was working that night. I do not remember her last name but I'm sure my wife does. She immediately started with snide remarks when I went, much to the pleasure of the 3 or four adults that were in there just hanging around. I asked for the Kent Golden Light 100's and proceeded to be bombarded with flak. Finally got the smokes and handed across the $20. she gave me change in one big wadded mess and I went outside to escape the verbal assaults'. There I proceeded to put the coins in my pocket, ones in front of the five in front of the 10...No 10. counted again. what should have been almost $19.00 (I forget now if smokes were $.90 or $1.10 or in between) was actually almost $9.00. I went back in and there's Debbie staring at the door waiting for me. I said I gave you a $20 and before I could finish saying it she Barked "You gave me a $10!!" Again, all 3-4 adults erupt in laughter. What is a 12 year old kid supposed to do? I said "My mom gave me a $20 and you only gave me change for a $10" She laughed a wicked laugh and insisted it was a $10 which brought more laughter.
Steal not only from the poor, but steal from the children of the poor.

Fast forward 20 years and I am in Farm Fresh grocery store in Chesapeake, VA. I come around the corner to see three large young black men 6'3" to 6'6" maybe, 225 lb to maybe 275 lb. and the lead one shoves my 5'2" 115 lb wife who is 50' away from me into the cereal. What is a 155 lb 5'9" white guy to do? She was fine, and I became a firm believer in concealed carry.
And we moved to Tennessee where people in general are nicer to each other regardless of color, ethnicity or other identities that I don't care about because they do not affect my life.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a follow up rather than an edit...

I unfortunately gradually became one of those bigots as I was accepted by those bigots...or vice versa?... and I truly regret where my own sense of humor went and some of the things I said or did to others as I grew into that environment. Leaving for PA, VA, DC and cities further out was the best thing for me to see the error of the person I had become.
My home town has changed DRASTICALLY in that regards, but I would have been the dumbass redneck who was resistant to the change if I had stayed.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really think this country will be unified I really think you are turning a blind eye, it's never been unified never not even from it's inception. In the 1700s poor white people were kept from voting by the rich white people, that's not made up that's real shit. Seperation was the plan from the outset and it's only grown worse. I have no issues what people choose to believe in this instance I don't think you could be more wrong.
Maybe not in your lifetime, or mine. But someday.
Eye's wide open.

Enough white women have kids with black men, enough Asian women have kids with white men, enough hispanic women have kids with Indian men, enough Black women...you get the point

Realist with a bend towards optimism.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever cross his path or he mine, I will spend the rest of my life in prison , I will kill this MF in a heartbeat, but he will know who I am and why he's dying.
He doesn't have a POS father in his life now and he's better off for it.
Why even speculate on removing the good guy grandfather from his life who has been a reason his life is better off?