• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my confusion, there. He doesn't save a roster spot right now, so if they think he'll be playing soon, why do it? If they aren't sure, can't they just put him on the PUP before final cuts or did we just pass a deadline?

As I understand it there is the Pre-Season PUP and there is the Reserve PUP. In order to be eligible for the Reserve PUP you had to have been on the Pre-Season PUP.

Thus by putting him on the Pre-Season PUP they are hedging their bet that he will be ready at some point between now and 6 weeks into the season.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it there is the Pre-Season PUP and there is the Reserve PUP. In order to be eligible for the Reserve PUP you had to have been on the Pre-Season PUP.

Thus by putting him on the Pre-Season PUP they are hedging their bet that he will be ready at some point between now and 6 weeks into the season.

Did we just pass a deadline for him to be put on that?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we just pass a deadline for him to be put on that?

Nope he is on (what I call) the Pre-Season PUP - So if he still isn't ready by the start of the season then we can put him on the Reserve PUP for an additional 6 weeks without having to put him on IR and thus losing him for the season. Now, if we do put him on the Reserve PUP List, at that point he will NOT count against our 53 but right now and until the end of TC he does count against our 90.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he is on (what I call) the Pre-Season PUP - So if he still isn't ready by the start of the season then we can put him on the Reserve PUP for an additional 6 weeks without having to put him on IR and thus losing him for the season. Now, if we do put him on the Reserve PUP List, at that point he will NOT count against our 53 but right now and until the end of TC he does count against our 90.

So why not wait until the last minute to put him on the Pre-Season PUP?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why not wait until the last minute to put him on the Pre-Season PUP?

My bad, I misunderstood your question - I'm not sure when or even if there is a deadline for the Active PUP/Non-Football Lists. But a player who practices with the team at all is no longer eligible for either list.

Thus, if a player fails his physical prior to training camp but you think he might be ready by the start of the regular season, or at the latest by weeks 7-10 of the regular season then you put him on the Active PUP or the Active Non-Football Injury Lists.

So I'm sure we did wait until the last minute before designating Looney Tunes.

Also, the two lists are called "Active PUP" and "Reserve PUP" and just for the sake of being technically correct Looney is on the Active Non-Football-Injury List (Essentially the same thing as the Active PUP List)

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I misunderstood your question - I'm not sure when or even if there is a deadline for the Active PUP/Non-Football Lists. But a player who practices with the team at all is no longer eligible for either list.

Thus, if a player fails his physical prior to training camp but you think he might be ready by the start of the regular season, or at the latest by weeks 7-10 of the regular season then you put him on the Active PUP or the Active Non-Football Injury Lists.

So I'm sure we did wait until the last minute before designating Looney Tunes.

Also, the two lists are called "Active PUP" and "Reserve PUP" and just for the sake of being technically correct Looney is on the Active Non-Football-Injury List (Essentially the same thing as the Active PUP List)

That was the missing bit of info for me! Gracias.

:whoo:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let practice those spikes after every touch downs!

This is what not to do, when trying to spike a football.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, looks like Knowshon Moreno has become Knowshow Moreno in Denver...

I remember being one of the few people who thought he wasn't as great as people made him out to be. I still thought he would be better than he has, though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being one of the few people who thought he wasn't as great as people made him out to be. I still thought he would be better than he has, though.

Thus far, I would say you got it right - I'm a little surprised as well with these developments.