• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Mac Jones. I just think Belichick puts a player in the doghouse and just can't let him out. Stidham has not been given a fair shot and now that Cam and Mac appear to have most of the reps, he won't get a fair shake again.
We do not know the whole story.
Did Stiddy give up when Cam was brought in because he thought he would not have any competition?
Or was his ability to read defenses and adapt to the NFL that far behind that while he could make throws, he could not give Bill the right answers in the film room?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this BK. But feel BB could still start Stid over Jones this year. Jones is still a rookie even though touted to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft.

I don't care who starts as long as it isn't Cam.
While Stiddy has been touted as the least NFL ready of his class because of the schools he attended.

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the importance of the position but I present you The 2001 Ravens and Joe Flacco. If we get to the SB that is more likely a scenario than relying and a QB
Do you mean Trent Dilfer and the 2000 Ravens?
2001 Ravens went nowhere.
Flacco was drafted in 2008.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement of the day

Donte Hightower said Saturday, "I'm really looking forward to seeing Tom Brady on the other side of our defense. He's always had us on his side and now he won't be wearing a red jersey. I will not be easy on him."

Looks like there are some mixed feelings about TB12 being somewhere else. Sounds like a few guys would like very much to re-introduce Tom to the Foxboro turf with a bit of force.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement of the day

Donte Hightower said Saturday, "I'm really looking forward to seeing Tom Brady on the other side of our defense. He's always had us on his side and now he won't be wearing a red jersey. I will not be easy on him."

Looks like there are some mixed feelings about TB12 being somewhere else. Sounds like a few guys would like very much to re-introduce Tom to the Foxboro turf with a bit of force.
Yeah well bump that TB 12 played last year while Donte' sat on his ass. Sorry I got more props for what Brady did than what Hightower did.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<Knocks TB on his ass for the third time>
It's my work, he'd say, and I do it for pay

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well bump that TB 12 played last year while Donte' sat on his ass. Sorry I got more props for what Brady did than what Hightower did.
Hightower had a two week old child as well as other high risk family members. There was talk of quarantining the entire team for the season. We did know what was going to happen, and still don't.

I fault Hightower nor any other player not 1 iota.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who starts as long as it isn't Cam.
I don't care who starts as long as the Pats will. If BB signs a hot (as in playing, not looks) young Brownie QB who has yet to play a game for the Girl Scouts, then she wins, I'm fine.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't there to talk football. I met him, shook his hand and we talked about ergonomics for 30 seconds. He had a meeting to go to.
As in "How to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome"?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hightower had a two week old child as well as other high risk family members. There was talk of quarantining the entire team for the season. We did know what was going to happen, and still don't.

I fault Hightower nor any other player not 1 iota.
So he did what was best for his family? That's the argument! TB12 did the same thing yet people here want to hold that against him. His contract was up, he chose to leave, he was not prepared to go through another rebuild. I really don't understand how anyone has issue with that or him. He owes this fanbase or his old teammates nothing.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he did what was best for his family? That's the argument! TB12 did the same thing yet people here want to hold that against him. His contract was up, he chose to leave, he was not prepared to go through another rebuild. I really don't understand how anyone has issue with that or him. He owes this fanbase or his old teammates nothing.
TB did not do the same thing.
DH sat out because we were in the early stages of a pandemic that could and did kill millions.
TB, who already had hundreds of millions of $$$ left for more money because the Pats could not afford to keep him and fit it under the salary cap.

That is a huge difference.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH sat out because we were in the early stages of a pandemic that could and did kill millions.
TB, who already had hundreds of millions of $$$ left for more money because the Pats could not afford to keep him and fit it under the salary cap.

No it's not you want it to be because you want to make an argument but in the end they both did what was best for themselves and their family. Sure TB already has millions but why play for someone that want to underpay you, is in rebuild mode, with a coach who was willing to trade you the year before? Both did what they feel is best that's really all this boils down to.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TB is an individual with free will. He did what was in the best interest of winning. It may have seemed like he took discounts to benefit the Pats, but it was to benefit the team for which he played to benefit him. It appears he didn't view the Pats as a good chance to win but instead the Bucks were a better option. We don't what the 2020 Pats could have accomplished with TB, but we do know what was accomplished with the Bucks.

The answer is simple: There's been a huge misunderstanding why TB ever stayed with the Pats, and it's the same reason he left.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is an individual with free will. He did what was in the best interest of winning. It may have seemed like he took discounts to benefit the Pats, but it was to benefit the team for which he played to benefit him. It appears he didn't view the Pats as a good chance to win but instead the Bucks were a better option. We don't what the 2020 Pats could have accomplished with TB, but we do know what was accomplished with the Bucks.

The answer is simple: There's been a huge misunderstanding why TB ever stayed with the Pats, and it's the same reason he left.
So you don't think the fact the Pats wanted to underpay him and the coach tried to trade him were underlying factors? Sure he wants to win all athletes want to win so IMO it's likely a culmination of the aforementioned factors and perhaps some we are unaware of.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think the fact the Pats wanted to underpay him and the coach tried to trade him were underlying factors? Sure he wants to win all athletes want to win so IMO it's likely a culmination of the aforementioned factors and perhaps some we are unaware of.
I don't think underpaying him was much of a factor since he always welcomed being underpaid. The coach trying to trade narrative is overstated a bit since, in all reality, it should have been expected that once the team needed a rebuild the older players are always traded to a "win now" team to extract value. But both of those are valid since you can never gage ego.

I just don't understand the discontentment with Brady leaving since it really seems the Pats weren't likely to win much with him staying. In the end they ended with a draft pick that netted them the guy they seemed to want all along.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think underpaying him was much of a factor since he always welcomed being underpaid. The coach trying to trade narrative is overstated a bit since, in all reality, it should have been expected that once the team needed a rebuild the older players are always traded to a "win now" team to extract value. But both of those are valid since you can never gage ego.

I just don't understand the discontentment with Brady leaving since it really seems the Pats weren't likely to win much with him staying. In the end they ended with a draft pick that netted them the guy they seemed to want all along.
I personally have no issues with his leaving. I do feel others some on the board feel as if TB12 owed the team and fan base something and that he should have ended his career as a Patriot. But it was obvious to me in 2018 /19 that was not going to happen.

As to the Hightower comments, well good luck Brady knows how to pick any defense apart this Pats will not show him anything he hasn't seen before.

I predict

Bucs 31
Pats 20

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally have no issues with his leaving. I do feel others some on the board feel as if TB12 owed the team and fan base something and that he should have ended his career as a Patriot. But it was obvious to me in 2018 /19 that was not going to happen.

As to the Hightower comments, well good luck Brady knows how to pick any defense apart this Pats will not show him anything he hasn't seen before.

I predict

Bucs 31
Pats 20
Will it be a surprise when Brady looks off a safety or pump fakes a slant? The team that wins will be from plays not made by Tom Brady.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it be a surprise when Brady looks off a safety or pump fakes a slant? The team that wins will be from plays not made by Tom Brady.
Not so sure about that. You can't discount Brady reading a D and just hitting the open man. We took that for granted but in the end that is why the Pats had so much success. Brady was a master at knowing where the open man was going to be.