• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB will have two chances to achieve that milestone this year...

We play the Bucs twice?

I often think attempts at read between the lines approaches fail miserably in text.

I won't disagree, but let me reword. I embedded a puzzle within my statement. To get the subtext (Pats going to the super bowl) you'd just need to know the Bucs are in the NFC and there's only one possible scenario for them to play the pats twice.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree, but let me reword. I embedded a puzzle within my statement. To get the subtext (Pats going to the super bowl) you'd just need to know the Bucs are in the NFC and there's only one possible scenario for them to play the pats twice.
I was aware but I was not sure about the new extra game thing if that somehow played into it. Either way, the Bucs are IMO superbowl contenders, the Pats not so much. If the Pats win a SB this year, their SN would be week four.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was aware but I was not sure about the new extra game thing if that somehow played into it. Either way, the Bucs are IMO superbowl contenders, the Pats not so much. If the Pats win a SB this year, their SN would be week four.
Yeah some gray area and hopefully my response didn't imply somehow "you know less about football than...". Can't stand it when anyone suggests they know more about football than me, you or even a snail. In 2015 BB said he had no idea about the ideal gas law impact on a football so in that one respect I knew more about football than BB (though I doubt BB was unaware just based on witnessing how tires appear deflated in ultra freezing temperatures).

...and I was implying the SB as a joke. Not saying they can't, just they are not yet contenders.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah some gray area and hopefully my response didn't imply somehow "you know less about football than...". Can't stand it when anyone suggests they know more about football than me, you or even a snail. In 2015 BB said he had no idea about the ideal gas law impact on a football so in that one respect I knew more about football than BB (though I doubt BB was unaware just based on witnessing how tires appear deflated in ultra freezing temperatures).

...and I was implying the SB as a joke. Not saying they can't, just they are not yet contenders.
The one ray of hope for a SB run or maybe two rays would be the defense and our ability to pound the ball. But we will see

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not counting on a QB this year
You have to count on a QB... The job doesn't get done without one. It's why I see Mac rising similar to the way TB rose in 01, on the back of executing plays exactly as called and instilling enough confidence in those around him to get their best. Sprinkle in well timed accurate throws to balance the "pound" while not extending too much leash to a rookie and it could really work.

Charlie Weis was not a really good offensive coordinator but he was the perfect guy working with TB from the rapport and confidence building side. He was TB's Teddy bear. Josh has that ability too.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I see Mac rising similar to the way TB rose in 01,
He better wear high heels. Mac is about four inches shorter than his own offensive line and will need a five step drop to get a full vision of the field. Maybe he can put lifts in his cleats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better wear high heels. Mac is about four inches shorter than his own offensive line and will need a five step drop to get a full vision of the field. Maybe he can put lifts in his cleats.
He won't need high heels.
Remember, he's only 3/8" shorter than Stidham.

How tall does a NFL quarterback have to be?
  • Answer: Height is one of the most important physical traits that most NFL teams today look for in a quarterback. As such, it comes as no surprise that the average height of a starting quarterback in the league is 6'3". Considering how tall the linemen are in today's game, it makes sense for a quarterback to be at least 6'2".

How tall is Patrick Mahomes?​

Mahomes doesn’t look it but he is among the taller QBs in the NFL at 6’3”.

Aaron Rodgers has no issues in seeing over the opposing defensive line with his 6’2” height.

How tall is Dak Prescott?​

Dak Prescott is 6’2” tall on an athletically-built frame.

How tall is Baker Mayfield?​

Baker Mayfield’s height is just above the 6 feet low-end ideal for quarterbacks at 6’1”.

How tall is Drew Brees?​

Drew Brees got bumped around the NFL early in his career in part because of his 6’0” tall height. He has proven teams wrong.

How tall is Russell Wilson?​

Russell Wilson has proven every year of his career that quarterback height is irrelevant. He stands 5’11” tall.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How tall is Patrick Mahomes?​

Mahomes doesn’t look it but he is among the taller QBs in the NFL at 6’3”.

Aaron Rodgers has no issues in seeing over the opposing defensive line with his 6’2” height.

How tall is Dak Prescott?​

Dak Prescott is 6’2” tall on an athletically-built frame.

How tall is Baker Mayfield?​

Baker Mayfield’s height is just above the 6 feet low-end ideal for quarterbacks at 6’1”.

How tall is Drew Brees?​

Drew Brees got bumped around the NFL early in his career in part because of his 6’0” tall height. He has proven teams wrong.

How tall is Russell Wilson?​

Russell Wilson has proven every year of his career that quarterback height is irrelevant. He stands 5’11” tall.
And they can all move and run. Even Brees would run in his younger years. Having the ability to release the ball after three steps or getting out of the pocket in a hurry has to be a need. How often did Cam get sacked because he couldn't get off a pass? If Mac can release the ball in under 3 seconds and complete a pass, he'll be fine. At Alabama, he had an OL that was better than any defense they faced and he had plenty of time to pick his shots. He won't have that luxury in the NFL.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vast majority of NFL QBs fall between 6'2" and 6'5". 6'3" is not an outlier and the vast majority is 6'4" or shorter... Is 6'3" really that far off from 6"4?

As far as height versus lineman, QBs play almost 100% upright while lineman play at a lower, wider leveraged stance. This is where your argument really goes awry: Of realistic starters, only Trent Brown is taller than Mac.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they can all move and run. Even Brees would run in his younger years. Having the ability to release the ball after three steps or getting out of the pocket in a hurry has to be a need. How often did Cam get sacked because he couldn't get off a pass? If Mac can release the ball in under 3 seconds and complete a pass, he'll be fine. At Alabama, he had an OL that was better than any defense they faced and he had plenty of time to pick his shots. He won't have that luxury in the NFL.
Brady is a very notable runner with over 1000 yards!
Last years Superbowl winner:
  • Tom Brady – 5.28-second 40 yard dash
  • Mac Jones -
  • He ran a 40 time that was around 4.7 and had a 3-cone of just over seven seconds. Those are numbers that rank at least in the 66th percentile of quarterbacks, or the top third of athletes at the position.
Not busting your balls Ken but when you get negative it is hard to get through!
I think we picked a soon to be very good QB.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious why you don't seem to like Mac Jones? His film from Alabama looks promising and by all reports so far he's a decent hard working kid.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why you don't seem to like Mac Jones? His film from Alabama looks promising and by all reports so far he's a decent hard working kid.
I do like Mac Jones. I just think Belichick puts a player in the doghouse and just can't let him out. Stidham has not been given a fair shot and now that Cam and Mac appear to have most of the reps, he won't get a fair shake again. Year 1 he was behind Brady. Year 2 behind Cam. Year 3 behind Cam and Jones. BB can't start him in front of Mac or he'll look like he didn't make the right choice or took what no one else wanted. Cam is the fall back.

I'm no longer a Bill Belichick worshiper. As time has gone on, he's made decisions that I question. I don't believe that he always does what's best for the team I think he does something and rather than appear to be weak or compromising, he'll stick with it. A lot people hate the word ego, but Bill does have one and it commands a huge presence within him.

Again, my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree. Then again, I don't agree with a lot of others.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you must include NEs Oline ability to block and give their QB time. NE has one of the NFLs top lines. Will their QB get sacked? Sure. But he'll also have plenty of time to throw. He'll also have a running game that will keep teams honest, also slowing down their pass rush.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Mac Jones. I just think Belichick puts a player in the doghouse and just can't let him out. Stidham has not been given a fair shot and now that Cam and Mac appear to have most of the reps, he won't get a fair shake again. Year 1 he was behind Brady. Year 2 behind Cam. Year 3 behind Cam and Jones. BB can't start him in front of Mac or he'll look like he didn't make the right choice or took what no one else wanted. Cam is the fall back.

I'm no longer a Bill Belichick worshiper. As time has gone on, he's made decisions that I question. I don't believe that he always does what's best for the team I think he does something and rather than appear to be weak or compromising, he'll stick with it. A lot people hate the word ego, but Bill does have one and it commands a huge presence within him.

Again, my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree. Then again, I don't agree with a lot of others.
I agree with most of this BK. But feel BB could still start Stid over Jones this year. Jones is still a rookie even though touted to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft.

I don't care who starts as long as it isn't Cam.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stidham hasn't been given a fair shot? How do you know what's a fair shot. BB has a history of playing players who earn their shots and not playing player who don't. If we apply that logic to the Stidham situation it seems maybe he hasn't earned his shot.

As far as BB doing what's best for the team... That's a goal not a guarantee. Of course not all of his decisions are perfect or even good... in hindsight.

Who thought cutting Lawyer Malloy was in the best interest of the team? Yet that decision began a long precedent that has served the team well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to count on a QB... The job doesn't get done without one. It's why I see Mac rising similar to the way TB rose in 01, on the back of executing plays exactly as called and instilling enough confidence in those around him to get their best. Sprinkle in well timed accurate throws to balance the "pound" while not extending too much leash to a rookie and it could really work.

Charlie Weis was not a really good offensive coordinator but he was the perfect guy working with TB from the rapport and confidence building side. He was TB's Teddy bear. Josh has that ability too.
I understand the importance of the position but I present you The 2001 Ravens and Joe Flacco. If we get to the SB that is more likely a scenario than relying and a QB

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you met Bill, I'm sure he did a lot of talking.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you met Bill, I'm sure he did a lot of talking.
I wasn't there to talk football. I met him, shook his hand and we talked about ergonomics for 30 seconds. He had a meeting to go to.