• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think brain washing is an extreme way to describe it, but I completely agree there was a propagandist agenda. I'd describe it more as "sheparding the flock" and a flock is always willing to be led.
I agree I could not think of an alternate term to brain washing you nailed it

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back on your childhood education do you feel the American school system to some degree brainwashed young Americans?

I absolutely do. They always refereed to how great and heroic America was and is all the time being incredibly selective about what they did not teach us.
Growing up in the women's liberation movement years we were definitely brainwashed.
Youn men were tought to be sensitive and gentle, etc.
In school, boys were ostracized for acting like boys. All TV sitcoms portray the father as a buffoon. No man is intelligent unless he is gay.
I was the man in the family at 10. I didn't buy into this.
When I started dating again after wife passed, I found that most all these women were looking for real men - but they did not know what one looked like. A real man wore the right clothes or chewed tobacco smoked and spit!
I once talked about manhood with a potential date. Later she told me that she almost didn't go out with me for fear that I was going to show her my "manhood"
I explained that my manhood was working hard, being a good father, attending church, helping others, etc. I ended the date immediately telling her that is she did not appreciate men that she was dating the wrong sex!.

I continue to beieve to this day that men not understand what it is remains the root of many of our problems in American society.
Smoking Marlboros, drinking Budweiser, or wearing a tie isn't it!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later she told me that she almost didn't go out with me for fear that I was going to show her my "manhood".
That was a line of BS. Either she wanted to date you and wanted to see your manhood or she didn't want to date you. Women pretend to have different desires than men, but they don't. For every woman who doesn't fit this description is a man who also doesn't fit this description.

I worked with a guy who said to me "A girl recently wanted to give me a bj and I let her... It didn't do anything for me". People come in all different shapes and sizes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a line of BS. Either she wanted to date you and wanted to see your manhood or she didn't want to date you. Women pretend to have different desires than men, but they don't. For every woman who doesn't fit this description is a man who also doesn't fit this description.

I worked with a guy who said to me "A girl recently wanted to give me a bj and I let her... It didn't do anything for me". People come in all different shapes and sizes.
I don't understand why people listen to what a man says clearly and then try to determine what really happened.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people listen to what a man says clearly and then try to determine what really happened.....
It was more a general statement about the difference between what woman actually want versus what they say they want, than an exact translation of your actual experience. As I said, people come in all shapes and sizes.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Waits: Yes or No or, Maybe?

I guess I am a maybe love his song writing his music is solid enough just tough to understand.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to bring this to an end so this will be the final question of the off season. I will determine if we do this again next year or something different, maybe two things.

Do you fee every citizen should be mandated to perform national public service?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to bring this to an end so this will be the final question of the off season. I will determine if we do this again next year or something different, maybe two things.

No. You end of with a lot of crappy services provided. Best service comes from those who want to be involved.

I do agree we need more involved and especially me involved. I just don't know how to get most people to want to be involved. I think a loss of community spirit is the cause, and bringing that back is the answer... But too many out there looking at those who get involved as "suckers".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

No reason why every person shouldn't do two years of mandatory service whether it be military or other.

There should be no exception except for real physical or mental disability. Not asthma, bone spurs or a hang nail. If a politician tries to get anyone out of it, it's a 20 year federal prison automatic no trial sentence for both the politician and the person trying to slither around it..

Everyone enjoys all the rights and freedoms. It's time that everyone earned them and not expect someone else to pay their dues.

People would have a hell of of a lot more respect for this country and serving it would certainly change a lot of minds about who gets elected to run it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You end of with a lot of crappy services provided. Best service comes from those who want to be involved.

I do agree we need more involved and especially me involved. I just don't know how to get most people to want to be involved. I think a loss of community spirit is the cause, and bringing that back is the answer... But too many out there looking at those who get involved as "suckers".
This same argument can be made for the military draft. If we force everyone to serve I feel it can weaken our military.

As for a national public service I am all for it, I say make part of a High School Curriculum, and mandatory for graduation. It doesn't have to be grandiose it could be as simple as placing flags on the grave sites of veterans, or preparing and giving a speech on what America's strengths and weaknesses are.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In an answer to one of the previous questions I shared that not serving in the military was one of my biggest regrets.
Yes, I believe everyone should serve in some capacity.
Soldier, sailor in some capacity, work a toll booth, sweep the streets, serve the elderly, animal control, fireman... something.
Politicians, above all else, It should be a requirement.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better service also comes from all of us holding each other accountable and not giving in to the hurt feelings card.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During Viet Nam war, most in the Army were drafted.
I remember many conversations on the stairs of the barracks in boot camp.
"So what are you in for?"

The quality of service members we had in at that time was not good.
I was one of 2 people in my company that did not do drugs.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better service also comes from all of us holding each other accountable and not giving in to the hurt feelings card.
Amen on that... I don't disagree with any of these opinions. The one I shared is totally opposite to most of these but I didn't offer it with great conviction.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This same argument can be made for the military draft. If we force everyone to serve I feel it can weaken our military.

As for a national public service I am all for it, I say make part of a High School Curriculum, and mandatory for graduation. It doesn't have to be grandiose it could be as simple as placing flags on the grave sites of veterans, or preparing and giving a speech on what America's strengths and weaknesses are.
I answered only thinking about the type of service that could be attained. You pose a solid method. Almost every other response has solid positions too.

Are you sure you want to retire the QOD on such a high note? It seems you are leaving a lot on the table.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered only thinking about the type of service that could be attained. You pose a solid method. Almost every other response has solid positions too.

Are you sure you want to retire the QOD on such a high note? It seems you are leaving a lot on the table.
It's time I use it as an attempt to keep us active in the off season, there is enough football talk at this time