• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing you never ate, what is the best thing you never ate?

For me I guess Sushi people seem to love this stuff I have no desire what so ever to try this stuff
I think I have eaten everything?????

I ate some extremely good sushi in Japan - never eat it here. I do eat sushimi here when I can get the right fish.

Sushimi is raw fish but not rolled in rice and seaweed. I really like sushi but have much less control over the raw fish hidden inside.
Plus, American food process is not as clean and fresh as Japanese.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monkey Brains?
I've never visited that part of Rome. If I'm at a table and everyone is eating monkey brains then down the hatch...

I might have an ethical issue though. I don't like the idea of eating another primate. I don't think that's the context of your original question.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me I guess Sushi people seem to love this stuff I have no desire what so ever to try this stuff
Another person. Can't stand the thought of cannibalism.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know...I haven't eaten it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try everything once. If you don't like it no big deal. But if you do, you may find your new happy place.

Things that people think are gross or strange is only because you're not used to it. If you grow up eating chicken feet, intestine or brains it's no big deal.

Cambodians and other cultures eat dog. I don't condone this, nor have I ever partaken. For them it's a cultural thing. That may be the only thing I wouldn't try.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List something that you saw on TV or a movie, or read about as kid that you didn't have then but do now.

Get Smart Cell Phone. Sure his was a shoe but that is my first exposure to the idea of a mobile phone

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List something that you saw on TV or a movie, or read about as kid that you didn't have then but do now.

Get Smart Cell Phone. Sure his was a shoe but that is my first exposure to the idea of a mobile phone
Not 100% sure I get the question but...

Growing up with a very liberal hippy mom, there were never firearms around I was never exposed to them. Now I own firearms.

My family was very thrifty with the car purchases. Used, worn out get every last nickel out of them. Now I drive nice cars. I will, like my 2001 Explorer, get every last nickels worth, but I bought it new and have taken good care of it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Mr Ed as a kid and was so excited when I bought a talking horse...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give some mocking replies for the sake of humor and humor alone. These reflect no judgement toward any question.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick Tracy radio watch.

Dick had that incredible watch with a two way radio in it.

Today we have the Apple and Samsung wrist computer phones.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick Tracy radio watch.

Dick had that incredible watch with a two way radio in it.

Today we have the Apple and Samsung wrist computer phones.
Do you like yours? Your reply says you have both but I assume that means your household and you don't have two on one wrist? Which do you use?

I kinda want one but it just seems to small to be practical unless it docked into something bigger.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like yours? Your reply says you have both but I assume that means your household and you don't have two on one wrist? Which do you use?

I kinda want one but it just seems to small to be practical unless it docked into something bigger.
My grandson has an Apple sitting in his drawer. He used to wear it to his workouts so he wouldn't have to worry about iPhone 12.

My daughter has a Samsung and wears it 24/7. She talk/texts, too small to use fingers.

Me? I have an iPhone XR.

I prefer to talk to people.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the best thing you purchased under $100.00?

At a yard sale someone had a Griswold cast iron skillet for sale, said it was his granmothers had it marked for $40.00 settled for $25.00, they did not know what they had.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At a yard sale someone had a Griswold cast iron skillet for sale, said it was his granmothers had it marked for $40.00 settled for $25.00, they did not know what they had.

Condoms in the '80's for like 5 bucks.

Oh wait...I spent thousands on condoms in the '80's.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A complete set of Noritake China. Place settings for 12. Dinner plates, bread plates, dessert plates, soup bowls, cereal bowls, Vegetal serving bowls, two serving plates. Close out at the PX in Sasebo in 1970. Marked down from $300 to $70. They are in my cellar as I type and haven't been taken out of the monster tote since we moved here in 1997.

It's funny that you asked that question. My wife bought a display case the other day and dug out a set of antique china that's been in the cellar with the Noritake. My grandmother got them when she married my grandfather from her mother and gave them to my mother and my father in 1943 when they got married. The china is in the case on display and now I have to paint the dining room to match the china.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quick backstory first...

I was coasting down a hill on I93 in NH near Lincoln (BK certainly knows the hills there) and got a speeding ticket. I was pissed at myself and decided to make budget changes to myself to make up for it...

I didn't have a bike. I drove by a yard sale and saw one for five bucks. I only had 4 bucks and a 10 spot. The guy had no change so he took the four. The next day I road it less than a mile to my train station and saved $2. By day two and I was at break even. I paid off the ticket in no time, especially after changing other habits like bringing lunch to work and nor buying coffee out. I have saved THOUSANDS since making those subtle changes to my routines.