• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But No Grill WOW bro Just WOW
Can I ask a question?

What do you think of those Weber "Smoker/Grills" ?? I have a hard time figuring out a four burner gas grill. These monsters have seven dials and I thought you needed wood to smoke meat. How the hell do you put wood in a gas grill?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask a question?

What do you think of those Weber "Smoker/Grills" ?? I have a hard time figuring out a four burner gas grill. These monsters have seven dials and I thought you needed wood to smoke meat. How the hell do you put wood in a gas grill?
Do you mean the Weber SmokeFire SmokeFire | Weber Grills

I will say this there is nothing I cannot do on a standard Weber Kettle that others do on Smokers, Pellets, Gas Grills etc. But I have been doing this a very long time. I can do a Brisket 8 to 12 hour cook on a kettle. And if you are cooking mostly for two then a simple Weber Kettle with the correct accessories will work.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask a question?

You can use a smoking tube or you can put the wood chips in a foil travy or pack.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Never was a champ at the grill. I could always do the easy stuff, dogs, burgers, sirloins. Always wanted to be able to do a brisket or even give a bird a shot. Just never had the knack or anyone to learn from.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Never was a champ at the grill. I could always do the easy stuff, dogs, burgers, sirloins. Always wanted to be able to do a brisket or even give a bird a shot. Just never had the knack or anyone to learn from.
If this is the case, and you have the cash get the Weber Smoke Fire. It's now a generation two they fixed issues they hade and Weber warranties and customer service are great. The smoke fire is a pellet grill so you can smoke low and slow at 225 or 250 or crank it to 600 and sear you up some ribeye. It's super easy to use so it's super user friendly. They designed it so you can use any pellet not just their pellets. They come in two sizes but the price diff is so minimal most people choose the larger option.

Brisket: No issues with this thing you set your temp I do mine at 250, stick a meat probe in when it hits 165 wrap in butcher paper or foil right around 202 to 205 a probe should go in with ease when it does the cook is over. Leave wrapped let it rest at least one hour up to 3,4 or 5 when placed wrapped an in a cooler. Watch some Youtube on Brisket Trimming. Don't overdue your rub, I use Kosher or Pink Salt, Cracked Black Pepper (alot), Granulated Garlic and I add Chilli powder to my rub. With a Smoke Fire brisket, chicken, turkey, hen, steaks are a breeze.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Reb. Now I have to convince the lady that it's something "we" should do.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case, and you have the cash get the Weber Smoke Fire. It's now a generation two they fixed issues they hade and Weber warranties and customer service are great. The smoke fire is a pellet grill so you can smoke low and slow at 225 or 250 or crank it to 600 and sear you up some ribeye. It's super easy to use so it's super user friendly. They designed it so you can use any pellet not just their pellets. They come in two sizes but the price diff is so minimal most people choose the larger option.

Brisket: No issues with this thing you set your temp I do mine at 250, stick a meat probe in when it hits 165 wrap in butcher paper or foil right around 202 to 205 a probe should go in with ease when it does the cook is over. Leave wrapped let it rest at least one hour up to 3,4 or 5 when placed wrapped an in a cooler. Watch some Youtube on Brisket Trimming. Don't overdue your rub, I use Kosher or Pink Salt, Cracked Black Pepper (alot), Granulated Garlic and I add Chilli powder to my rub. With a Smoke Fire brisket, chicken, turkey, hen, steaks are a breeze.
I don't get these fully automated grills at all. They are as expensive as a new indoor oven with top of the line range top. They cost more to operate. Is the "smokiness" that important without any other way to mimic it (rubs or circulating it in a conventional oven as part of the convection system they all have)?. If anyone truly wants to learn enough, youtube has the nearly no fail short cuts.

What I do get is the mastery. I get you having a couple different (even 5) different grills because it's a hobby and creates a ton of satisfaction.

One last rant: Where do I put this grill? Next to my new outdoor brick oven pizza oven, in front of the fire pit with outdoor recliners? Do I eat the food with beer I made in my fully automated home brew system made from the hops kit I bought (that cost more than just buying your favorite micro brew)?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, I see no value in a $5000 six burner grill. I can install a Wolfe six burner stove with a grill and a convection oven in my kitchen for about $7500. I can use that year 'round and not have to shovel out the grill to cook in January or February.

I sold my hot tub because it wasn't all I thought it was and the maintenance was worse than an above ground pool. Never get a tub if you live around maple trees. Pollen, little helicopters, big helicopters and leaves. I spent more time using a food strainer to clear the water than I did in the tub over two years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, I see no value in a $5000 six burner grill. I can install a Wolfe six burner stove with a grill and a convection oven in my kitchen for about $7500. I can use that year 'round and not have to shovel out the grill to cook in January or February.

I sold my hot tub because it wasn't all I thought it was and the maintenance was worse than an above ground pool. Never get a tub if you live around maple trees. Pollen, little helicopters, big helicopters and leaves. I spent more time using a food strainer to clear the water than I did in the tub over two years.
Did you have a cover for your hot tub? Did you use it?

I lived in Washington state had all kinds of pine, spruce and other trees around my hot tub. Never had a huge problem. No depending on the kind you had and what type of water and filtration chemicals/system balancing your ph can be a pain.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have a cover for your hot tub? Did you use it?
Yep and yep. Snapped that puppy closed when we weren't in it.

I had a 25' dia. above ground pool back in the late 80's and early 90s. Of course I was in my late 30s and early 40s and things were much easier to deal with physically. At the time, AO was still quietly sneaking around my body and hadn't settled anywhere. I used to vac that pool no less than 3 times a week and of course had three kids and their friend that spent almost the entire day in it. Oh to be 40 years old again. I have to laugh at how much 40 scared me when I was 20. I never thought I'd make it to 25.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I'd make it to 25.
My friends would have bet against me making it to 25. (so would my enemies!)

I;m still around, one person explained it like this:
"only the good die young" You're a prick, you're going to live forever!!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I;m still around, one person explained it like this:
"only the good die young" You're a prick, you're going to live forever!!!!!
I was lucky. I swear that I had some kind of deodorant or soap or something that wouldn't allow anything near me. Bug, virus, animal, bullet. Can't explain it. Not sure if there's a greater plan that I haven't reached yet or I was just in the right place at the right time, every time.

Things still seem to be going in my favor, so I don't complain when I throw off the covers and stand on my own two feet every morning.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Of The Day" What on the Grill for this Memorial Day Weekend?

For me.

Nothing, 34 year anniversary this weekend will be in Daytona.
Two briskets all day Friday and Friday night for my son's graduation party yesterday.
Chicken, Brats and Burgers in the midst...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask a question?

Attached...
Gas to light the charcoal, wood boxes on the sides for smoke, or not.
SUPER simple.
I've had mine for 6 years and have done ribs, brisket, burgers dogs, even Thanksgiving Turkey.
I will never do turkey any other way now.
They are AWESOME grills.

I cannot stress it enough. And cheap, and well built. Well worth it.

Lowes or Home Depot...I think mine was $250?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attached...
Gas to light the charcoal, wood boxes on the sides for smoke, or not.
SUPER simple.
I've had mine for 6 years and have done ribs, brisket, burgers dogs, even Thanksgiving Turkey.
I will never do turkey any other way now.
They are AWESOME grills.

I cannot stress it enough. And cheap, and well built. Well worth it.

Lowes or Home Depot...I think mine was $250?

I have the same one for almost 14 years. The spark died.... So what, turn the gas on and use one of those lighter wands or whatever they are called... I should use it more, but for the $250 and now lasting into it's 14th year, and still in good condition... what a stellar investment.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two briskets all day Friday and Friday night for my son's graduation party yesterday.
Chicken, Brats and Burgers in the midst...
Brisket was fricken good.

I will make another.

There is a local guy that raises American Wagyu.
I have bought filets from him before. I will have to look into a brisket.