• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a small town my circle of friends growing up included many that were older. 5 years and more.
A number of them joined up after high school in the early eighties. Navy, Marines, Army and Air Force.
I had dreams of the Air Force when I was younger as a friend of my parents was a Marine F-4 pilot. I later began to think Army Helicopter pilot because my family history is Army. I had a 3rd Cousin who was 4 star.
All of the people I knew that came back home after serving advised me, don't do it, it's a waste of time. They described bunch of drug using party animals that are either running from something or not good enough for anything else.
I listened to them and let them influence my decision to not join and I regret it. I should have served my country and made my time in the Army my time.
I have spent a lot of my time working for contractors that do work on Army/Navy bases so I know that I have aided the fine men and women that have served, But I would rather be a starting defensive back than a water boy.
The Army had it's fair share of party animals that is true and there is a fair amount of drug use. But there are a lot of great soldiers too, depends on whom you decide to spend your time with.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) My hometown still does. Rains every time...
2) Good one. 3 miles in 13 minutes. That was a long time ago and I have been chasing that since I started running again 12 years ago. I am getting closer to 1 mile in 13 minutes.

5) Yeah, goes back to the bully thing from a few days ago.
# 5 is something I still work on to this day.

Damn three miles in 13 that is getting it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I remember when ____You could buy a new house in LA for under $3000_________________________________________________________________________

2. I use to be able to __win a marathon by 22 minutes___________________________________________________________________________ but I can't no more.

3. I remember when ______RaZon_______________________________________________________________________ first came out.

4. If I could turn back time I would _____do it again!____________________________________________________________________________.

5. My biggest regret in life is ____not being born rich___________________________________________________________________________________.
#1 wow how the hell old are you?

#5 Earning it more rewarding I think

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 wow how the hell old are you?

#5 Earning it more rewarding I think
I honestly don't have a big regret. Maybe marrying my 1st wife but she gave me the finest son a man can have.

I have had a lot of money and I have been poor.
All the happiness in the world won't buy you money.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't have a big regret. Maybe marrying my 1st wife but she gave me the finest son a man can have.

I have had a lot of money and I have been poor.
All the happiness in the world won't buy you money.....
I loathe money the wife thinks I am crazy. I can carry $20.00 in my wallet for two or three weeks. I hate what it does to people, and I hate what people are willing to do for it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe money the wife thinks I am crazy. I can carry $20.00 in my wallet for two or three weeks. I hate what it does to people, and I hate what people are willing to do for it.
I don't carry any money at all. Imagine the look I get from panhandlers when they ask for some cash......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't carry any money at all. Imagine the look I get from panhandlers when they ask for some cash......
I can't stand those mother&#%!(&@ either. Go to day labor they will give you money at the end of the day.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete the following sentences.

1. I remember when _____________________________________________________________________________

2. I use to be able to _____________________________________________________________________________ but I can't no more.

3. I remember when _____________________________________________________________________________ first came out.

4. If I could turn back time I would _________________________________________________________________________________.

5. My biggest regret in life is _______________________________________________________________________________________.
1) My family lived in our first apartment (I was 2)
2) Touch my toes without bending my knees
3) Sesame Street
4) Pushed a little harder to win a race (I lost by a nose)
5) No regrets

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand those mother&#%!(&@ either. Go to day labor they will give you money at the end of the day.
I knew a panhandler that worked Arden Fair Mall every morning. Stood out there with "work for food" sign and women would drop 20's in his hand.
He said some days he'd make over $400 in just the morning.

At 1:00 he would go to Cal Expo to the horse races. He would pick up all the tickets from the floor.
This guy could remember every winning ticket number from every race and every type of bet. He made hundreds from that also.

Sometimes I would win a large bet and I would pay him $100 to cash my ticket at the IRS window for me. I was not the only one.

What a pro!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Gasoline was $.11 a gallon
2. Get up at 5:00 am, drive 600 miles and work all day, come home and mow both lawns with a push mower, have sex and go to bed at 11:30 pm.
3. Transistor radios
4. I'd do it all again
5. Is truly not being able to save them all. I'm sorry.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Towns use to have Parades for memorial and veterans day.
2. Run two miles in 10:58
3. MTV. Also remember our first ever microwave, what a monster that was.
4. Become a Forest Ranger
5. Being closed minded toward what others covet.

1) My hometown still does. Rains every time...
2) Good one. 3 miles in 13 minutes. That was a long time ago and I have been chasing that since I started running again 12 years ago. I am getting closer to 1 mile in 13 minutes.

5) Yeah, goes back to the bully thing from a few days ago.
I fell between you guys, the race I lost by a nose was a mile I clocked in a 4:43... That same meet I won the high jump and ran a leg of the winning 4X400M relay. Mixing those events is atypical.

Under 11 for a 2 ain't shabby, but 3 in 13 is smoking beating my 1 mile time consecutively each mile.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Army had it's fair share of party animals that is true and there is a fair amount of drug use. But there are a lot of great soldiers too, depends on whom you decide to spend your time with.
Yeah, well, that was the early eighties. The just post Jimmy Carter not quite fully into the Reagan era.
That's why I regret it.
I should have gone in for 20 or so.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell between you guys, the race I lost by a nose was a mile I clocked in a 4:43... That same meet I won the high jump and ran a leg of the winning 4X400M relay. Mixing those events is atypical.

Under 11 for a 2 ain't shabby, but 3 in 13 is smoking beating my 1 mile time consecutively each mile.
In my teens I could run that all day.
I wasn't ADHD or super hyper active, but if I had to move somewhere, I ran. I almost never walked. Didn't matter if it was from the house to the store to get milk for my mother, or from the table to the fridge to get milk for myself, I ran.
Steel toe logging boots, felt insert pack boots, did not matter. Run, why waste time.
And years ago I've had my resting heart rate at 36 bpm while at the doctors. It was at 40 bpm just a few years ago when I was in for my ruptured disc.
It really confuses doctors when they see numbers like that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I could have run a mile in 4:43 I'd have been a world chapion marathoner.
I could run all day but I had no sprint.
That's one hell of a time. .....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could have run a mile in 4:43 I'd have been a world chapion marathoner.
I could run all day but I had no sprint.
That's one hell of a time. .....
That wasn't my best (4:39) but was the race I'm most proud of.. I resisted being a distance in favor of high jumping. I caved at the end of my junior year and ran cross country for the first and only time as a senior. I ran the mile indoors and cracked 5, then 4:55. The day before this race (first meet of the spring season) I asked my coach what he thought I'd run and through out 4:45 and he said "If you do that this year I'll kiss you". That race I was running against a kid who scored in the states the previous year. Long story short, he tried to keep the race slow so he could try and win the mile and half mile. with a little over a lap left I broke out into a quarter mile sprint and heard the guy say "OH Shit". He caught me at the tape, then had nothing left to even score a point in the half. My coach was going berserk in the stands. Best part, it was my parents who told me about the coach.

That's my favorite race, and I won the next meet, because I finished where I was supposed to and crushed a competitor at the same time. Funny thing, I won the next meet and the coach didn't care.

Last edited:

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my teens I could run that all day.
I wasn't ADHD or super hyper active, but if I had to move somewhere, I ran. I almost never walked. Didn't matter if it was from the house to the store to get milk for my mother, or from the table to the fridge to get milk for myself, I ran.
Steel toe logging boots, felt insert pack boots, did not matter. Run, why waste time.
And years ago I've had my resting heart rate at 36 bpm while at the doctors. It was at 40 bpm just a few years ago when I was in for my ruptured disc.
It really confuses doctors when they see numbers like that.
Screenshot_20210526-204946_Samsung Internet.jpg

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Of The Day" What on the Grill for this Memorial Day Weekend?

For me.

Nothing, 34 year anniversary this weekend will be in Daytona.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. Don't have a grill anymore.

FYI..................I might start a fire in the pit and roast a hot dog. I haven't had one since just after New Year's day. Still dieting and started mixing in real food this week. I've lost 45 lbs. 291 > 246 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. Don't have a grill anymore.

FYI..................I might start a fire in the pit and roast a hot dog. I haven't had one since just after New Year's day. Still dieting and started mixing in real food this week. I've lost 45 lbs. 291 > 246 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is super.

But No Grill WOW bro Just WOW