• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up just down the street from where Nathanial Hawthorne lived.
Even closer to Laurie Cabot. New her well. And her daughter.
I will have to google Laurie Cabot. Unless you are googling her now?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can add Pam Smart to Derry NH.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Stephen King from Maine?
Stephen King, Robert Gould Shaw (subject of the movie "Glory"), Joshua Chamberlain (subject of the movie "Gettysburg"), and we can't forget L.L Bean - though I forget why he's famous.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Stephen King from Maine?
He lives in Bangor. He signed an Amato's pizza box for me back in the early 80's. He and Tabitha stopped to buy a pizza and I had just bought two large. He gave me $20 for a pepperoni ($4.50 at the time)and signed the other box. I still have that cover. He's a really funny guy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to google Laurie Cabot. Unless you are googling her now?
I have no need to Google her.
She was only semi famous, "Official Witch of Salem" was her title in the late 70's and 80's. Not sure where she went from there. Threw fantastic Halloween parties.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prison break people?
That was my first thought too. Clearly you were a fan to remember that detail. I can still picture that guy swinging the axe at tbag's wrist...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my first thought too. Clearly you were a fan to remember that detail. I can still picture that guy swinging the axe at tbag's wrist...
The real Abruzzi family up the street, I played with their kids. We go in the basement and there'd be guys playing cards with thousands of dollars on the table. I told my mother and she freaked out! She said, "don't talk about it!" I laughed and said, everybody knows. They wanted everybody to know. There was absolutely no crime in my neighborhood and it wasn't because of the Irish cop that lived above me. His kds played with the Abruzzi kids too.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete the following sentences.

1. I remember when _____________________________________________________________________________

2. I use to be able to _____________________________________________________________________________ but I can't no more.

3. I remember when _____________________________________________________________________________ first came out.

4. If I could turn back time I would _________________________________________________________________________________.

5. My biggest regret in life is _______________________________________________________________________________________.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. I remember when _____________________________________________________________________________

2. I use to be able to _____________________________________________________________________________ but I can't no more.

3. I remember when _____________________________________________________________________________ first came out.

4. If I could turn back time I would _________________________________________________________________________________.

5. My biggest regret in life is _______________________________________________________________________________________.
1) cigarettes were a quarter
2) Throw a football
3) Goodyear Gatorbacks
4) Have never smoked
5) Not serving in the Army

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) cigarettes were a quarter
2) Throw a football
3) Goodyear Gatorbacks
4) Have never smoked
5) Not serving in the Army
Why not serving in the Army? It's not for everyone if you have or had more suitable options.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Towns use to have Parades for memorial and veterans day.
2. Run two miles in 10:58
3. MTV. Also remember our first ever microwave, what a monster that was.
4. Become a Forest Ranger
5. Being closed minded toward what others covet.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not serving in the Army? It's not for everyone if you have or had more suitable options.
Coming from a small town my circle of friends growing up included many that were older. 5 years and more.
A number of them joined up after high school in the early eighties. Navy, Marines, Army and Air Force.
I had dreams of the Air Force when I was younger as a friend of my parents was a Marine F-4 pilot. I later began to think Army Helicopter pilot because my family history is Army. I had a 3rd Cousin who was 4 star.
All of the people I knew that came back home after serving advised me, don't do it, it's a waste of time. They described bunch of drug using party animals that are either running from something or not good enough for anything else.
I listened to them and let them influence my decision to not join and I regret it. I should have served my country and made my time in the Army my time.
I have spent a lot of my time working for contractors that do work on Army/Navy bases so I know that I have aided the fine men and women that have served, But I would rather be a starting defensive back than a water boy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Towns use to have Parades for memorial and veterans day.
2. Run two miles in 10:58
3. MTV. Also remember our first ever microwave, what a monster that was.
4. Become a Forest Ranger
5. Being closed minded toward what others covet.
1) My hometown still does. Rains every time...
2) Good one. 3 miles in 13 minutes. That was a long time ago and I have been chasing that since I started running again 12 years ago. I am getting closer to 1 mile in 13 minutes.

5) Yeah, goes back to the bully thing from a few days ago.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I remember when ____You could buy a new house in LA for under $3000_________________________________________________________________________

2. I use to be able to __win a marathon by 22 minutes___________________________________________________________________________ but I can't no more.

3. I remember when ______RaZon_______________________________________________________________________ first came out.

4. If I could turn back time I would _____do it again!____________________________________________________________________________.

5. My biggest regret in life is ____not being born rich___________________________________________________________________________________.