• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to hell that Christian does not make the team. Pagan and Cabrera are both switch hitters. If Pagan is in the lineup, I want to see Melky on the bench and vice versa. Nate in right, Belt in left, Huff at first and either Melky or Pagan in center. If one is playing center and the other left or right field, Bochy is doing it wrong.

Plus, with Nady practically in the fold, I want to see him come up to bat when Venters enters in the eighth. If Venters came in to start the eighth and Bochy sent up Christian to pinch-hit, I would hope that Sabean would have fired him before the at-bat was concluded and replaced him with some drunk guy in the second row of the box seats because the drunk guy would be a better evaluator of talent than Bochy in that case.

You're going to be upset a lot, especially early in the season, as both Pagan and Cabrera will start. But, I hope you're right and Belt wins a starting OF spot.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head:

Kemp, Ellsbury, Granderson, Victorino, Mccutchen, Jones, Bourn, C.Young, Maybin, BJ Upton.

And that's assuming Gonzalez/Hamilton aren't CF's anymore.

And it isn't like Torres is 11 either, I have Bourjes, Jackson, Fowler, Jay and maybe a few more ahead too.

pretty sure it went

10. Torres
9. Byrd
8. forgot
7. forgot
6. Bourn
5. Victorino(might be mixing him and Bourn up)
4. Granderson
3. McCutchen
2. Ellsbury
1. Kemp

or something similar to that.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Adam Jones
7. Chris Young

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
417121_346885965330400_139729956046003_1354978_1249830568_n.jpg

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dunce:

And we have a winner

It's such an honor to be named to the Hall of Fame. I'd like to thank...

...wait, what?

Never mind.

Whose starting tomorrow?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SabeySabes says the GMen wanted Beltranny back, but were unwilling to pay him $13MM a season.

Giants Notes: Cain, Lincecum, Payroll, Beltran: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Interesting if true. They must feel he's no longer a 3.0 WAR player. FTR, he's compiled 10.5 WAR over the last three years.

I don't think the contract was out of line.

He also said that Beltran would have been in LF - but that it would'f created a logjam with Belt and Huff.

He also said - or was it Boch - that the starting OF will likely be Cabrera/Pagan/Schierholtz.

I'd rather'f had Beltran/Pagan/Schierholtz but I'll end up being happy with Belt/Pagan/Schierholtz.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He also said that Beltran would have been in LF - but that it would'f created a logjam with Belt and Huff.

He also said - or was it Boch - that the starting OF will likely be Cabrera/Pagan/Schierholtz.

I'd rather'f had Beltran/Pagan/Schierholtz but I'll end up being happy with Belt/Pagan/Schierholtz.

I'm sorry, but I don't want a guy coming off a .330 avg, 18 HR, 200+ hit (one of five players in all of baseball), and 19 stolen base season to sit, just so Nate can play - I don't care how well he plays the wall in RF.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but I don't want a guy coming off a .330 avg, 18 HR, 200+ hit (one of five players in all of baseball), and 19 stolen base season to sit, just so Nate can play - I don't care how well he plays the wall in RF.

This. Melky will be starting in LF.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melky to me is going to be the key to this whole deal. Right now we and most outsiders are looking at the Giants and thinking about Posey and Franchez being back, about Panda keeping healthy and trim and raking, about Belt and Crawford maybe surprising us, Huff: good or bad?...

Meanwhile you got this guy on our team who had a fantastic year last year. Now maybe he doesn't do it again but maybe he does, or comes close? I just don't see folks understanding how huge that can be. With all those other stories I mean.

So Melky to me is kind of what the season turns on, because most others I think you know better what you will get. Perhaps Huff too.

I guess I'm saying, we know what we have with our pitching, and a big part of our lineup. We don't know what we have with Melky or Huff (or Pagan). 2 of 3 of those guys come up solid, and we win the division no doubt.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Guys - You all realize that his stats last year were ALL career highs right? This is not his 5-year average. This is the very best that he has ever done. Common logic says that he will not repeat his 2011 numbers again. I don't have Bill James' projections, but I don't see how he tops his career stats. My guess is that he goes 14 HR 75 RBI, hits .285 with a .335 OBP. Those are not great numbers.

If Melky plays left, Belt and Huff will battle for 1B at-bats. that's not a good thing.

What the Giants need is:

1B - Huff / Posey
2B - Sanchez
3B - Panda
SS - Stamos
LF - Belt
CF Melky/Pagan
RF - Nate
C - Posey / Chez3

But that's just what I think.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabean says Giants have the budget to sign both Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum long term; Cain making no guarantees; Lincecum frog-kicks himself into shape, Brian Wilson update, much more | Extra Baggs

Baggs mentions everything from BTR, but he also mentions this tidbit...

Pablo Sandoval said he’s put on a few pounds and he definitely looked thicker, but he claimed it was nearly all muscle. Manager Bruce Bochy wasn’t so sure, and he said he had a productive talk with Sandoval about staying diligent. “He knows he has some work to do,” Bochy said.

Um...

Uh oh.