• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only slightly disappointed. Will be a little pissed if the $$$ was doable by the Giants.

He fits better in Saint Louie anyway.

2 year deal, certainly doable for an NL club. If it's anything below 24 million, I'll be mad. If it's anything below 18, I'll be pissed :mad2:

My guess, 2/24.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted almost the same thing (about the $$ HAVING to be high) over in the CarBel thread, before I read these posts.

We all spend WAY to much time together. We do not need to post our own thoughts, because they have already been posted here (and seconded).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years around 25 million.

[MEDIA=twitter]150017416712302592[/MEDIA]

Priced out of the Giants range, but nothing extraordinarily absurd. I'll just be a little ticked I guess.

I guess the Cards were bidding against the Giants. We all (ignorantly) placed his Giants number at about 12 per, so seeing as he got 12.5 per means they just out-bid our boys...

Irritated, but I guess not totally pissed...

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Cards were bidding against the Giants. We all (ignorantly) placed his Giants number at about 12 per, so seeing as he got 12.5 per means they just out-bid our boys...

Irritated, but I guess not totally pissed...

I'm totally pissed. No way I figured he'd sign for 2 years only, and 500K/yr shouldn't have been enough to lose him. I guess he wanted a better park to hit in, and a better lineup too. And of course, he wanted to play with Eugenio.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally pissed. No way I figured he'd sign for 2 years only, and 500K/yr shouldn't have been enough to lose him. I guess he wanted a better park to hit in, and a better lineup too. And of course, he wanted to play with Eugenio.

You're killing me, Smalls.

http://youtu.be/1aPJYrFLStg

Last edited by a moderator:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only slightly disappointed. Will be a little pissed if the $$$ was doable by the Giants.

He fits better in Saint Louie anyway.

Fuck that I'm pissed. We get Melky for Dirty they get Beltran for less than we're paying Rowand to fuck off.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fuck that I'm pissed. We get Melky for Dirty they get Beltran for less than we're paying Rowand to fuck off.

Melky for Sanchez was fine. Durty had one good season, Melky had one good season - Even swap imo.

The fact that the A's got the world from the Nats for Gio means nothing. Gio is a better wild lefty than Durty will ever be, and had 2 above average seasons to go along with 5 more years of relatively cheap control (And his velocity hasn't tanked to the high 80's). Even if Durty had reproduced 2010 last year we wouldn't have gotten close to that haul.

Losing Beltran is a legit gripe though.... The ownership just played the poor card hard core.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melky for Sanchez was fine. Durty had one good season, Melky had one good season - Even swap imo.

The fact that the A's got the world from the Nats for Gio means nothing. Gio is a better wild lefty than Durty will ever be, and had 2 above average seasons to go along with 5 more years of relatively cheap control (And his velocity hasn't tanked to the high 80's). Even if Durty had reproduced 2010 last year we wouldn't have gotten close to that haul.

Losing Beltran is a legit gripe though.... The ownership just played the poor card hard core.

Huh???

The payroll is $130MM.....5th in MLB by my estimate.

Fifth, not twenty-fifth.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh???

The payroll is $130MM.....5th in MLB by my estimate.

Fifth, not twenty-fifth.

They could've afforded Beltran and you know it. Heck you had a fever this whole time, remember.

It's ok to be pissed about this one tzill.

Maybe not just at the Giants though, maybe he told them he wanted a lot more to come to SF's pitchers park.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's your issue.

To paraphrase what I believe filo said somewhere - I don't give a shit about their payroll number - they fucked up royale with cheese signing Rowand and Zito and they should write those off those losses (which they are), understand that they are one time fuckups, make sure they are only one time fuckups, and disregard those costs when it comes to the payroll.

If the payroll is $130million but $13 is playing with himself in Florida and $17 is riding an 82 mph unicorn then you're really only trotting out a $100million roster with a $30million albatross.

If they had signed Beltran for $13 they could have sucked it up for this season and been back to a normal payroll next season with only a $17million albatross.

I understand all the reasoning against this, and i personally don't give a shit. They have plenty of money and signing Beltran would have improved our chances of getting back to the playoffs and winning a WS over the next couple of seasons (which gets you more money you fuckin dopes).

Instead we get Melky. And fucking Zito is our #5.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be stressing this, but everybody knows what we have in this team, so potentially frittering it away because of previous horseshit signings is horseshit.

Who pooped in my cereal? Nobody that's who. I didn't have any cuz my wife left the milk out. But what am I gonna do wait til next week to buy some more milk? Eat my honey bunches of oats with sour milk? Fuck that I have the money I'm gonna go buy some more goddamn milk eat my fucking honey bunches of oats and have a Merry fucking Christmas. :twitch:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To paraphrase what I believe filo said somewhere - I don't give a shit about their payroll number - they fucked up royale with cheese signing Rowand and Zito and they should write those off those losses (which they are), understand that they are one time fuckups, make sure they are only one time fuckups, and disregard those costs when it comes to the payroll.

If the payroll is $130million but $13 is playing with himself in Florida and $17 is riding an 82 mph unicorn then you're really only trotting out a $100million roster with a $30million albatross.

If they had signed Beltran for $13 they could have sucked it up for this season and been back to a normal payroll next season with only a $17million albatross.

I understand all the reasoning against this, and i personally don't give a shit. They have plenty of money and signing Beltran would have improved our chances of getting back to the playoffs and winning a WS over the next couple of seasons (which gets you more money you fuckin dopes).

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be stressing this, but everybody knows what we have in this team, so potentially frittering it away because of previous horseshit signings is horseshit.

Who pooped in my cereal? Nobody that's who. I didn't have any cuz my wife left the milk out. But what am I gonna do wait til next week to buy some more milk? Eat my honey bunches of oats with sour milk? Fuck that I have the money I'm gonna go buy some more goddamn milk eat my fucking honey bunches of oats and have a Merry fucking Christmas. :twitch:

Outstanding.

What he said.

Rep.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to put it another way...

I AM MAD AS HELL, AND I AM NOT GOING TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could've afforded Beltran and you know it. Heck you had a fever this whole time, remember.

It's ok to be pissed about this one tzill.

Maybe not just at the Giants though, maybe he told them he wanted a lot more to come to SF's pitchers park.

They could probably "afford" a budget of $180MM. However, they are not cheap, which is the implication I think.

They do not owe us a $145MM payroll.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could probably "afford" a budget of $180MM. However, they are not cheap, which is the implication I think.

They do not owe us a $145MM payroll.

Then why did you keep thinking we'd get him? I knew we weren't going to but I thought it was because he was getting like 3 yrs and $45 mil from the Red Sox, not 2/26 in the NL.

'Owe' isn't the word for it, but they do owe their fans every attempt to keep winning, especially with this core of pitching that won't be here forever. None of us want them to spend money just to spend it, but if there's one glaring need and a reasonably priced piece to fill it, we have the right to want that piece.

Now, as always, I realize we aren't on the phones with Sabean and the agents for these players, and filos point was that we'd have had to pay much more to get him so I'm not storming the barricades or anything. But I'm definitely bummed he signed for so little, and not with us. It's valid.

SF's point is good too: for 2010 to happen again we are going to need some surprises to the good side, like good health, Belt hitting well, Huff rebounding, Pagan and Cabrera being productive, etc. If those happen, we don't need Beltran at all.