• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds that Singletary gets brought into coach the LB's

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this would be a home run hire. We all know he had his struggles as a head coach. However, he was a top notch LB's coach in Baltimore, and a very good defensive coach in San Fran prior to that. People seem to forget that very quickly. His old school mindset may not be suitable for a head coach today, but IMO, positional coaches are different.

The Bears have interviewed a few guys, and no names really stand out to me. I don't know if it's realistic, and this may just be your typical "water cooler" talk. However, I would love to see Singletary back in Chicago as a LB coach. I think he's a great fit to mold young/raw LB's like Bostic and now Shea.

Thoughts?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fell out of favor in Minnesota and had his linebacking coaching duties taken away. Sometimes its easy to be a great coach with great talent There is a problem or something seems out of place. If they think he is qualified then I would be on board. If they are just bringing him in fir sentimental reasons. No thanks.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of yesterday they are still interviewing linebacker coaches. If you are going to question anyone why not the OP.? I replied less than an hour after the thread was made. Not sure what you are accusing me of at this time. When they hire a LB coach it surely won'tbe Singletary

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass.

Loved him as a player......can't get past the "pants-dropping" incident as a coach.