• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds Graham gets cut?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one OC got the best out of Harvin. It is ignorant to blame 1 OC as a failure at Percy.

Exactly... Winner!

Not sure why the blame game is already starting in regards to Bevel... The season hasn't even started... LOL...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is your misfortune that you can't see the young players Bevell has had a direct hand in improving and using their skill set.

Baldwin had to tear into bevell before he changed his play calling. Even the players know bevell is a joke, i will never understand the blind loyalty for him.

Harvin was a good player in minny, was having a dominant season before he hurt his ankle in our house. Its ridiculous to say no OC got anything out of him.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing him in the red zone...its so tough to get open there! Guarantee a double team on him every time inside the 20,which opens up someone else. Hope he is healthy this year.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a joke right?

He's a terrible blocker and the Seahawks would save $8m by cutting him. Also, it made little difference for the offense when he got hurt.

To summarize the points I made in the thread, they save a big chunk of cap room (which they need), he's recovering from a really bad injury, they don't know how to use him and he can't block in a run first offense that frequently keeps its TE in to block on passing downs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup that I injury is one that players haven't been able to recover from. I'm not expecting Graham to be ready when the season starts. Hope I'm wrong.

My bigger concern is deeper into the season. I've read that athletes frequently lose explosiveness as a result of this injury, which would really damage Graham's value as a receiver as he may not be able to make his cuts as smoothly as he did before the injury.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one OC got the best out of Harvin. It is ignorant to blame 1 OC as a failure at Percy.

Valid point, but it's worth noting that not only did Bevell not know how to get the best out of Harvin, but in the process of trying he fucked our entire offense over. It wasn't until after Harvin was traded that things got clicking on that side of the ball. Also, it's not like Bevell has a great track record.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much you can do with cap savings? Of course you can make use of cap space.
We have about 90 guys on the roster. After cut downs, we might sign a player or 2 for low bucks, but who ever will be available wont warrant $5-$10 M a year against this year's cap.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin had to tear into bevell before he changed his play calling. Even the players know bevell is a joke, i will never understand the blind loyalty for him.

Harvin was a good player in minny, was having a dominant season before he hurt his ankle in our house. Its ridiculous to say no OC got anything out of him.
nvm bro.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point, but it's worth noting that not only did Bevell not know how to get the best out of Harvin, but in the process of trying he fucked our entire offense over. It wasn't until after Harvin was traded that things got clicking on that side of the ball. Also, it's not like Bevell has a great track record.
Yet, I feel we have a very good offense and I credit the OC for putting the right players in the right place most of the time.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? They had one of the best, if not THE best offense in franchise history last year. Not to mention he's developed the best QB we will ever see here.

And he had a pretty good offense with Favre in Minnesota.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, I feel we have a very good offense and I credit the OC for putting the right players in the right place most of the time.

Naw, that's just luck on his part. Any negatives? Those are on him!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have about 90 guys on the roster. After cut downs, we might sign a player or 2 for low bucks, but who ever will be available wont warrant $5-$10 M a year against this year's cap.

You do see some surprising cap cuts on occasion, and even if not, you bank the cap space for next year. It would come in handy. I find it hard to believe you find cap space useless.
That being said, doesn't seem that the Seahawks are leaning to cut Graham. They've been pretty supportative from the get go and haven't even hinted at releasing him. Maybe they have some medical insight that makes it feasible for Graham to recover.:noidea:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a terrible blocker and the Seahawks would save $8m by cutting him. Also, it made little difference for the offense when he got hurt.

To summarize the points I made in the thread, they save a big chunk of cap room (which they need), he's recovering from a really bad injury, they don't know how to use him and he can't block in a run first offense that frequently keeps its TE in to block on passing downs.

Nitpicking, but we would save $9 million against the cap this year with no dead money.

Still, can't see it happening unless a big name suddenly became available and willing to sign for this amount or less.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do see some surprising cap cuts on occasion, and even if not, you bank the cap space for next year. It would come in handy. I find it hard to believe you find cap space useless.
That being said, doesn't seem that the Seahawks are leaning to cut Graham. They've been pretty supportative from the get go and haven't even hinted at releasing him. Maybe they have some medical insight that makes it feasible for Graham to recover.:noidea:
I never said nor meant that. I said cutting him for cap space this year is not a factor. It will be next year if we resign him. In other words, it sounds like you would like to have those millions as guys get cut from other teams, but those guys won't be big dollar contracts-unless we trade for a big contract player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said nor meant that. I said cutting him for cap space this year is nit.t a factor. It will be next year if we resign him. In other words, it sounds like you would like to have those millions as guys get cut from other teams, but those guys won't be big dollar contracts-unless we trade for a big contract player.
Just hate to see the Seahawks lose 9 million for a player unlikely to ever be the same. I would be happy to see them bank the cap space for next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humbled, appreciative Graham rejoins Seahawks

Jimmy's back on the field and expected to play Game 1.

I think all this talk of cutting him is absurd. The moment the offense started to play well, which was more about replacing a terrible rookie center with an average center, Graham started being more involved. Unfortunately he quickly got put on the IR.

Only way they would cut him would be a medical settlement which doesn't seem necessary right now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reading between the lines, they don't want to sent the message to potential FA's on other teams that they'll punk a guy for being injured. If he comes back and can't produce, THEN they cut him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My opinion on Bevell is that he is below average. I think that the talent on the offense is the reason for the success, not Bevell's play calling. I'm very frequently frustrated with his play calling and personnel decisions.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? They had one of the best, if not THE best offense in franchise history last year. Not to mention he's developed the best QB we will ever see here.

And he had a pretty good offense with Favre in Minnesota.

I guess that depends on how you look at it. If you credit Bevell with Russell Wilson's development, then yes, he has been a success. The issue with that is it's just a guess, you can't know for sure. What I do know is that he frequently has bizarre personnel decisions - i.e. keeping Jimmy Graham in to block frequently when he is arguably one of the worst blocking TEs in the NFL - and his play calling has been suspect at times. In a run first offense, what is the purpose of coming out on first down in a 5 wide set with nobody in the backfield?