• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations from the game

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty on Ihenacho was as big a load of horse shit as I've ever seen in an NFL game. How do they not call Flowers for his numerous and flagrant shots on Welker, but give the Chiefs a 1st down and half the distance to the goal because he was jawing with his guy? I have never watched an NFL game where that kind of thing does not happen in between just about every play. Why did that warrant an unsportsmanlike penalty? It didn't.

I read today that this season 5 games have featured 22 or more penalties, and that last night's crew has officiated 3 of those 5. Sometimes these refs just like to be a bigger part of the game, I guess.

I agree but why does a player feel the need to talk shit anyways considering he got beat on that play? Talk shit after the game. Just one of many drops or balls that should have been caught. Just STFU and get back in the huddle. Its that simple.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played well. O-Line played great. The running game was effective when it had to be, 2 TD's and 6 rushing first downs.

I have never seen that many defensive holding penalty's in a game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but why does a player feel the need to talk shit anyways considering he got beat on that play? Talk shit after the game. Just one of many drops or balls that should have been caught. Just STFU and get back in the huddle. Its that simple.

I certainly agree. Act like you've been there before. But that's not how these guys work all the time. These games are highly emotional and sometimes that gets the better of them. I am not making excuses for Nacho. I am just saying that kind of jaw-jacking goes on in between just about every play and I'm not going to hold it against him just because he said something. The Ref was standing right there, so presumably he could hear what Nacho said. The fact that Nacho said something should NEVER be a penalty unless they make a new rule: No talking during games. Now maybe Nacho said something extremely flagrant that just didn't sit well on the ref's ears.

At any rate, weather I agree with the penalty or not, I was glad to see Del Rio pull him for a couple plays. We do have some brainless penalties on defense sometimes. Real penalties. They do need to reign that in before it gets the better of the them. It already has *cough* Vickerson!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty on Ihenacho to me was complete BS. Charles was just as involved in that "discussion" as Duke was. Should have never thrown the flag on that fact alone.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty on Ihenacho to me was complete BS. Charles was just as involved in that "discussion" as Duke was. Should have never thrown the flag on that fact alone.

We dont know was said at all and Jack Del Rio obviously didnt think it was b.s. when he had Duke come out of the game. Like I said before after the play is done just stfu and get back in the huddle. Its that simple.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont know was said at all and Jack Del Rio obviously didnt think it was b.s. when he had Duke come out of the game. Like I said before after the play is done just stfu and get back in the huddle. Its that simple.

Doesn't matter really. Since both Ihenacho and Charles were jawing at each other, it should have been a non call by the officials. Del Rio's response isn't proof that it was a good call.

Maybe Ihenacho should have just shrugged it off like you say. But regardless it was still a BS call.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Del Rio reacted the way he did you think he thought it was a legit call?

He reacted the way he did because we got a 15 yard penalty.

Sure, if Ihenacho had shut up and gone back to the huddle, no penalty, but it's still a BS call.

Players talk trash all the time. But everyone was surprised that the Ref threw a flag in this instance. Every post game interview about the incident showed they were surprised by the flag.

Both Charles and him were in each others face, should have been a non call or warning to both of them.

Apparently the NFL is getting way too sensitive and controlling.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Del Rio reacted the way he did you think he thought it was a legit call?

He reacted the way he did because we got a 15 yard penalty.

Sure, if Ihenacho had shut up and gone back to the huddle, no penalty, but it's still a BS call.

Players talk trash all the time. But everyone was surprised that the Ref threw a flag in this instance. Every post game interview about the incident showed they were surprised by the flag.

Both Charles and him were in each others face, should have been a non call or warning to both of them.

Apparently the NFL is getting way too sensitive and controlling.

How they throw a flag on that then don't throw one when Smith and Talib kept getting into word fights then eventually into shoving fights. They did call one but it was about as obvious as can be that they should throw an Unsportsman Like Conduct penalty. Again with the officials it is such a subjective area of the game. In the Colts game earlier in the year they were holding our receivers all the way down the field but it was never called then against the Chiefs they were calling every little shove down the field on both teams. I don't care which way they call it just make it consistent so the players know how to prepare for a game.