• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Jets vs NE Patriots Sunday 10/24/2021 1:00 PM EST CBS

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR or Kicker?

Kicker or WR???

WR. No, Kicker. No, WR. No....
Hell I was wrong about Folk dont care how old he is he's been very good. I don't know what to do about WRs, is it BB, Josh our WRs coach? There is a breakdown in selecting talent at that position and every time we draft a guy my stomach drops.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I was wrong about Folk dont care how old he is he's been very good. I don't know what to do about WRs, is it BB, Josh our WRs coach? There is a breakdown in selecting talent at that position and every time we draft a guy my stomach drops.
Fix the O-line and we will have a good receiving corps.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being facetious.

Not sure about who or how the WR's are picked.
BB has drafted some doozies early. Blistering speed, incredible physicality, off the charts athleticism.

And they accomplish nothing. But hen there is Branch, Edelman, Meyers and a slew more that were taken late or brought in as RFA...so go figure.

Kickers, I think, is a bigger lottery.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being facetious.

Not sure about who or how the WR's are picked.
BB has drafted some doozies early. Blistering speed, incredible physicality, off the charts athleticism.

And they accomplish nothing. But hen there is Branch, Edelman, Meyers and a slew more that were taken late or brought in as RFA...so go figure.

Kickers, I think, is a bigger lottery.
Branch was a second rounder. Everything he did was expected (certainly the high end)...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My one question/concern about this game (well besides Mills being god awful) is this...

"Did Mcdaniels really need to try all those trick plays against the Jets?" Now teams know what to expect

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My one question/concern about this game (well besides Mills being god awful) is this...

"Did Mcdaniels really need to try all those trick plays against the Jets?" Now teams know what to expect
That's part of the game!
Give our next opponents something to worry about......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the game!
Give our next opponents something to worry about......

I get trying to have the opponent think of other things but we showed them what we are going do so they might in fact be ready for them.. Heck.. If they didn't work against the Jets (with the exception of the first one) why would they work against the Chargers or anyone else?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that was kind of a waste IMO. If this was his idea of opening up the playbook how did our rookie QB benefit from that? That was juvenile IMO

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was kind of a waste IMO. If this was his idea of opening up the playbook how did our rookie QB benefit from that? That was juvenile IMO

The first one was great (because it worked) but to try it what 3 more times was a little dumb, especially since they were not needed at all since they were blowing out the Jets

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one was great (because it worked) but to try it what 3 more times was a little dumb, especially since they were not needed at all since they were blowing out the Jets
Exactly they could easily have tried some of the play Mac may be struggeling with in practice.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can I mostly ignored in the past I can mostly ignore it in the future.
Which is exactly why I was comfortable doing it... It seemed to entertain others while not really being at your expense...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get trying to have the opponent think of other things but we showed them what we are going do so they might in fact be ready for them.. Heck.. If they didn't work against the Jets (with the exception of the first one) why would they work against the Chargers or anyone else?
It's not about whether they worked or not, it's about dictating how the defense approaches every play. In this case the defense has to play a little looser to be sure the trick plays are diagnosed and stopped. That gives the running game a little more room near the LOS and more opportunity for holes to exist. I think we can all see the biggest issue for the Pats run game is not what happens once a RB finds a hole.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about whether they worked or not, it's about dictating how the defense approaches every play. In this case the defense has to play a little looser to be sure the trick plays are diagnosed and stopped. That gives the running game a little more room near the LOS and more opportunity for holes to exist. I think we can all see the biggest issue for the Pats run game is not what happens once a RB finds a hole.

Ok that is a good explanation for it

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the first one worked and was totally out of left field, the idea was to throw more at them. It does give other teams something that will require them to actually work on because no matter how the Pats line up, they could throw something weird at you. Given that and the fact that they've gone to the Wildcat several times and they have two WRs that can throw the ball, The defense has to hesitate for just a split second when Mac tosses a lateral or does a two hand drop. Against any aggressive defense, they can be ball busters.

Think of it this way. Any time Mac throws a pass that's considered a lateral, attacking the guy who he threw the ball to could be an over-reaction to a possible pass downfield. Or is could be a lateral back to Mac and bomb downfield.

The more you show the more they have to prepare and it takes away from preparing more on the regular stuff.