• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Jets vs. Denver Broncos

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I want to spoil the chiefs season
Where are we at with a win
5 instead of 4?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a very depressing season but I must say that I would rather be watching the Broncos play every Sunday, than be in the middle of the miserable off season!

I can't believe the Broncos are underdogs at home to the Jets. When is the last time THAT happened? I think this team is ready for a win and I'm calling it right now. Go Broncos!!

Denver Broncos - 23
NY Jets - 13

Who ya got?
Pretty good!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos first shutout since a 27-0 win over the Jets in 2005. Feels a bit empty. Where was this version of the Broncos through that 8 game losing streak? Do we have a team that can win games this way? Is this coaching staff salvageable? Was it just growing pains that cost the team a season?

Hard to know what to make of this team after this game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need a QB
The defense is built for the lead
They finally gave the offense a first qtr turnover and the offense converted
Prior to today, I think denver lead for 4 minutes total in thier 8 game losing steak

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos first shutout since a 27-0 win over the Jets in 2005. Feels a bit empty. Where was this version of the Broncos through that 8 game losing streak? Do we have a team that can win games this way? Is this coaching staff salvageable? Was it just growing pains that cost the team a season?

Hard to know what to make of this team after this game.
Most teams (maybe only Giants being the exception) were better than the Jets. As CEH said, when we got that 10 point lead early, it was a different game than any we have seen since Dallas.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams (maybe only Giants being the exception) were better than the Jets. As CEH said, when we got that 10 point lead early, it was a different game than any we have seen since Dallas.

I don't know, KC allowed 38 points and 450+ yards to the Jets last week and we allowed 0 points and 98 yards. Not saying the Jets are some juggernaut but we can't just use the "it's the Jets" excuse and dismiss today. This Jets team had their way with KC and we killed them today.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but...Jets are 1-5 on the road meanwhile 4-3 at home. There's no doubt we put a beating on them today. And that's the nature of the NFL, this week's upset winner is next week's upset loser.

My view is that the Jets have been an overachieving team this year - and today, sadly, was probably a better reflection of their roster. Don't forget that in the preseason they were almost unanimously expected to be the 32nd best team in the NFL after their GM gutted their roster.

We get to play another really weak roster team this coming Thursday at Indy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a game similar to today.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice the Broncos reverted back to bootkeeps, half field reads, 21 personnel , ran the ball for a boring 2.5 ypc, got the lead and let the defense dictate the flow of the game.
No reason at all to us 3 WRs. Continuting to let IMac play , Taylor just catch the ball run it 7 yards up field.
Nice

Oh well,

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice the Broncos reverted back to bootkeeps, half field reads, 21 personnel , ran the ball for a boring 2.5 ypc, got the lead and let the defense dictate the flow of the game.
No reason at all to us 3 WRs. Continuting to let IMac play , Taylor just catch the ball run it 7 yards up field.
Nice

Oh well,

Unless McKenzie snuck in when I didn't see him Jordan Taylor returned all the punts yesterday. And I'm actually glad the Broncos had 2.5 YPC. Not happy we had it but happy we ran the ball 35 times even though it wasn't working. Musgrave was committed to the run and it showed, despite the Jets stuffing us a lot by continuing to run the ball the Defense was forced to play the run meaning they couldn't just wait for Siemian to pass the ball and shut it down. I'll gladly take 2.5 YPC if it means we have a balanced Offense and Defenses can't force us into situations we don't want to be in.

Biggest difference I noticed yesterday was that McCoy would abandon the run if it wasn't working and make us pass 90% of the time often leading to bad situations. Musgrave stuck with the run and it showed in keeping the Defense rested and happy. Even a 3 and out on 3 straight runs(which honestly we didn't see until the 4th quarter) took a good 2 minutes off the clock each time instead of taking less than a minute like we usually do because we pass and fail 2/3 plays.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Walker looking good today.

I finally got to go back and watch his snaps. I liked what I saw, especially that he seemed to be playing from more of a DE position than a LB position. He was getting decent penetration and making an impact. I hope he can put some "good" weight on during the off season. This D will still have a lot of good players next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie was inactive.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was inactive the rest of the year. I still think he has a bright future as a punt returner, but he needs an offseason and mentally he can't afford anymore fumbles this year. Time to re-group on him this offseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langley was also inactive over Marcus Rios. Giving Rios a shot on special teams. Langley will grow a lot this offseason.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless McKenzie snuck in when I didn't see him Jordan Taylor returned all the punts yesterday. And I'm actually glad the Broncos had 2.5 YPC. Not happy we had it but happy we ran the ball 35 times even though it wasn't working. Musgrave was committed to the run and it showed, despite the Jets stuffing us a lot by continuing to run the ball the Defense was forced to play the run meaning they couldn't just wait for Siemian to pass the ball and shut it down. I'll gladly take 2.5 YPC if it means we have a balanced Offense and Defenses can't force us into situations we don't want to be in.

Biggest difference I noticed yesterday was that McCoy would abandon the run if it wasn't working and make us pass 90% of the time often leading to bad situations. Musgrave stuck with the run and it showed in keeping the Defense rested and happy. Even a 3 and out on 3 straight runs(which honestly we didn't see until the 4th quarter) took a good 2 minutes off the clock each time instead of taking less than a minute like we usually do because we pass and fail 2/3 plays.

10 play 28 yard drive that lasted 6 minutes. Could be a record. LOL .Defense could take a nap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to win... I forgot what it was like to win.. I missed winning...

Draft pick aside and all... Something about winning no matter your record feels nice. Winners wanna win!

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to win... I forgot what it was like to win.. I missed winning...

Draft pick aside and all... Something about winning no matter your record feels nice. Winners wanna win!

It's a lot more fun to go over plays and talk football when we aren't taking a giant runny dump on the field for 60 minutes.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key to the game was the offense converting the 1st qtr turnover into a TD .

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love winning.

• Clean game.
  • No Broncos turnovers.
  • Only 3 penalties against the Broncos for 21 yards total.
  • Defense held the Jets to 100 yards.
  • Broncos had more rushing attempts than passing.

Winning is what happens when the Broncos do the above. VJ will be back next year.