• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Now the Hated A's...7/25-27

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Cincinnati to go on a 4 game winning streak between now and Thursday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not the worst thing, but it would be pretty stupid to not get something for him

It's not like we automatically lose him. We could easily pick up his option.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Baltimore, SF, or KC are our 3 best options for Rios, but I have a strong feeling he's gone. I just don't really see why you wouldnt get something for him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He constantly yells at hitters/umpires when he pitches, talks shit before games about teams, and there are several videos on youtube of him just being a total dick to fans, including kids.

He's a competitor, sure. But he is the pitcher embodiment of aj pierzynski. I'd be willing to bet if you look at a list of the 10 most hated players in baseball he's on there or is close.

I'm of the opinion that when you play a sport, you shut up and play. You dont do all the other dramatic bs that david ortiz, AJP, Latos, and others do. Play the game that youre unreasonably getting paid millions for.

I've honestly never heard anything about it. Also, I don't like telling people how to play the game. I hate the shit out of Donaldson, but that douchebag thing works for him, so whatever works I guess.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I don't see any reason to do that either

If we think we have a chance to compete in 2015, I don't see another RF ready to start for us in our system.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Baltimore, SF, or KC are our 3 best options for Rios, but I have a strong feeling he's gone. I just don't really see why you wouldnt get something for him.

Just hope JD is able to get the better end of the deal. There are a few teams needing a RH hitting OF and the supply is pretty low. It should play in our favor.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tend to like the guys that show up and who not make an ass out of themselves much more than the guys who always have something to say or are always involved in something. Public opinion is much higher of Peyton Manning, Clayton Kershaw, or Sidney Crosby than Johnny Manziel, Mat Latos, or Sean Avery.

Obviously not saying he's a bad pitcher, but its just not fun to watch him constantly barking on the mound and stuff. Like, just pitch man. You're good and all, just fuckin pitch haha

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I'd like to get someone who can be inserted into the rotation next year, if possible.

I agree, start building that rotation back up. Hitting is easier to come by.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to pay Rios that option next year, so I honestly don't care what they end up with if they trade him. Just as long as the person is semi useful.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tend to like the guys that show up and who not make an ass out of themselves much more than the guys who always have something to say or are always involved in something. Public opinion is much higher of Peyton Manning, Clayton Kershaw, or Sidney Crosby than Johnny Manziel, Mat Latos, or Sean Avery.

Obviously not saying he's a bad pitcher, but its just not fun to watch him constantly barking on the mound and stuff. Like, just pitch man. You're good and all, just fuckin pitch haha

Crosby has a good public perception? I think he comes off as a whiny bitch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it's probably a moot point since Cincy probably wouldn't even think of doing that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to pay Rios that option next year, so I honestly don't care what they end up with if they trade him. Just as long as the person is semi useful.

I don't want them to dump him for the sale of it. The market is too much in our favor and he could still be useful for us next year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby has a good public perception? I think he comes off as a whiny bitch.

I love Sid. I just base it off his interviews, but I dont really see him barking at other players... just the refs when they miss a call. But when I watch his interviews or documentaries he comes across as the most modest, down to earth guy who is thankful for everything he's achieved. He's literally the lebron james of his sport easily, but people like Sid more than Lebron I'd think % wise.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's probably a moot point since Cincy probably wouldn't even think of doing that.

Yeah, kind of a silly topic. They can take Choo's contract though and give us Votto. If we're gonna talk about dumb trades I would rather discuss that one.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we think we have a chance to compete in 2015, I don't see another RF ready to start for us in our system.

Plenty of OFers in free agency next year that would be cheaper and give similar value, I'm not worried about Rios moving on

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want them to dump him for the sale of it. The market is too much in our favor and he could still be useful for us next year.

definitely not. I love JD's asking price. That doesnt mean that a #3 pitching prospect and an outfield prospect would be a bad return at all. But the longer you wait it out, the more antsy trade partners get. Don't get lowballed for him, but when you get that offer you pull the trigger.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely not. I love JD's asking price. That doesnt mean that a #3 pitching prospect and an outfield prospect would be a bad return at all. But the longer you wait it out, the more antsy trade partners get. Don't get lowballed for him, but when you get that offer you pull the trigger.

Absolutely, and JD seems to have a great feel for that.