• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Now the Hated A's...7/25-27

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks.

All I know about Rasmus is, my friends who are huge Cardinal fans said he was a trouble making, redneck punk the entire time he was in St Louis and they were delighted to see him go.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As several contenders mull the possibility of trading for Rangers right fielder Alex Rios, one fact grabs their attention. Rangers utility infielder Adam Rosales has as many home runs at Globe Life Park as Rios this season.

Rios has four homers overall, putting him in a tie for 115 in the American League with a group of players that includes Donnie Murphy, whom the Rangers released.

Rios does have extra-base power, of the doubles and triples variety. He is on pace for 30-plus doubles and leads the league in triples with eight. The contenders have to determine if they want that, or a home-run hitter.

The decline in homers is typical of Rios’ career path. He has hit more than 20 homers three times but never in consecutive seasons. With the Chicago White Sox in 2012, Rios had 25 homers. He dropped to 18 homers last season. He could end this season with fewer than 10 homers for the first time since his rookie season of 2004. Rios had one homer in 426 at-bats in that season.

If the Rangers do not deal Rios, they can bring him back for next season by picking up an option at a salary of $13.5 million. That seems like a lot for nearly four months without a homer at home.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As several contenders mull the possibility of trading for Rangers right fielder Alex Rios, one fact grabs their attention. Rangers utility infielder Adam Rosales has as many home runs at Globe Life Park as Rios this season.

Rios has four homers overall, putting him in a tie for 115 in the American League with a group of players that includes Donnie Murphy, whom the Rangers released.

Rios does have extra-base power, of the doubles and triples variety. He is on pace for 30-plus doubles and leads the league in triples with eight. The contenders have to determine if they want that, or a home-run hitter.

The decline in homers is typical of Rios’ career path. He has hit more than 20 homers three times but never in consecutive seasons. With the Chicago White Sox in 2012, Rios had 25 homers. He dropped to 18 homers last season. He could end this season with fewer than 10 homers for the first time since his rookie season of 2004. Rios had one homer in 426 at-bats in that season.

If the Rangers do not deal Rios, they can bring him back for next season by picking up an option at a salary of $13.5 million. That seems like a lot for nearly four months without a homer at home.

True the HR production is a negative but like you said the doubles and triples make up for it some plus he has been around the 300 mark all season and can steal bases. I think overall he has more of an upside for someone needing to upgrade their OF in a pennant race.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But on the same token - who on the Rangers is actually hitting HR's this season? Beltre and who? No one else is in double digits.

The "power" aspect that this lineup/team once had - just isnt there any more. I'm not sure if its the personnel, a change in hitting philosophy, or a bit of both.... but the power has been zapped from the Rangers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But on the same token - who on the Rangers is actually hitting HR's this season? Beltre and who? No one else is in double digits.

The "power" aspect that this lineup/team once had - just isnt there any more. I'm not sure if its the personnel, a change in hitting philosophy, or a bit of both.... but the power has been zapped from the Rangers.

What other rangers are doing is irrelevant, the rios is a mid 700s OPS guy, that steals some bases, that's getting 13+ million next year (option), his production isn't very difficult to replace, and can certainly done for cheaper

Not to mention you can get something for him now

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other rangers are doing is irrelevant, the rios is a mid 700s OPS guy, that steals some bases, that's getting 13+ million next year (option), his production isn't very difficult to replace, and can certainly done for cheaper

Not to mention you can get something for him now

Agree....his scale is a scale of one. He's only being compared to himself in previous seasons.

Incidentally, although I didn't say this, the post I made was from the DMN and not necessarily my opinion. I do agree with the information there however.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally opened up a new thread for the Yanks.