• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Now the Hated A's...7/25-27

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade EA or Rios to the Pirates straight up for Glasnow. Wow. Watching videos on him right now during my break. He looks really really good.

No one wants EA. They want him even less, if they have to give up something of value to get him.

Even if in the off chance someone was willing to take him, we'd have to pick-up half his frigging salary. How would that work long term for us to be giving up $50 mil?

I'm with ya on Rios though.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys be up for a david price trade (despite our record) if it came with an extension?

I'm sticking by my long held belief: Anyone is trade-able; it's what you want for him which is key.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed something on ESPN. It used to be when you put the cursor on the upcoming game it gave you two choices: preview & conversation. Now it gives you preview and tickets.

Guess they really wanted no part in the "conversation business." It's all about the Benjamins with those money grubbers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not completely sold on the idea of trading at this point.

I know we need some help, but it looks like we got a good arm for Frasor who may be ready for next season. And it seems we got a reliever in the Soria deal who can help in 2015 as well.

And the jury is still out on what we've got in Mikolas, Martinez and to some extent Tepesch.

I'm just a little concerned about us to destroy our minor league system again.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely sold on the idea of trading at this point.

I know we need some help, but it looks like we got a good arm for Frasor who may be ready for next season. And it seems we got a reliever in the Soria deal who can help in 2015 as well.

And the jury is still out on what we've got in Mikolas, Martinez and to some extent Tepesch.

I'm just a little concerned about us to destroy our minor league system again.

I dont think we trade FOR anyone, I think the opposite. We stock our minor league system. It wouldnt be smart to trade our farm for next season when next season is a huge question mark. What we should do is trade EA or trade Rios. Then in the 2015 deadline, we should be able to better assess whether we need to rebuild or go for it. Right now, with all the injuries, we're sorta in a state of purgatory. We have no clue who is gonna contribute or what our lineup's gonna be. But this time next year, we'll have a pretty clear idea.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know the status of Profar? Might make a difference thinking about trading Elvis

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know the status of Profar?

I thought I heard that he'd be out for the season way back when early in the season but I may be wrong.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That be the case, EA stays put I would think so Rios looks suspect.

EA is staying put, but I dont think its because Profar is a question mark. I think that profar could probably hit better (definitely more power) than EA and provide the same or better defense. That is seriously how average EA has been. I think the reason he doesnt get traded is cuz we couldnt get anything for him at all. It wouldnt bode well with the fans if we trade EA for a #20 ranked prospect

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the thing is, and Ive said it before, we have SO many risks on this team for next year that adding a minor one to short stop shouldnt be out of the question. That's like saying "Nick Tepesch should be traded because X pitcher is coming off injury next year." Its not like we're saying Yu here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA is staying put, but I dont think its because Profar is a question mark. I think that profar could probably hit better (definitely more power) than EA and provide the same or better defense. That is seriously how average EA has been. I think the reason he doesnt get traded is cuz we couldnt get anything for him at all. It wouldnt bode well with the fans if we trade EA for a #20 ranked prospect
Profar has to be a question mark until he's deemed healthy and ready at ST and even then he has to remain that way.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar has to be a question mark until he's deemed healthy and ready at ST and even then he has to remain that way.

im not saying he's not a ? I'm saying that we have so many ?'s that one of the minor ?'s shouldnt be considered that big of a deal. I'm sure Profar could hit at least .250, hit more bombs, drive in more runs and field as good. I'm saying that EA's performance is very replacable in our farm. His personality isn't, but his numbers are.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know the status of Profar? Might make a difference thinking about trading Elvis
Last I heard, Profar will be playing Winter ball.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Hammels have a good outing. Hasn't really had a good performance in Oakland yet.

Probably see quite a few runs plated on both sides tonight. That's how I see it.

I like the A's chances in games 2 and 3 with Gray and Kaz, no reason Oakland shouldn't get at least 2 of 3.

Bit, we will see. That's why they play the games eh.

Have fun Ranger fans. :suds:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Hammels have a good outing. Hasn't really had a good performance in Oakland yet.

Probably see quite a few runs plated on both sides tonight. That's how I see it.

I like the A's chances in games 2 and 3 with Gray and Kaz, no reason Oakland shouldn't get at least 2 of 3.

Bit, we will see. That's why they play the games eh.

Have fun Ranger fans. :suds:

just lol

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying he's not a ? I'm saying that we have so many ?'s that one of the minor ?'s shouldnt be considered that big of a deal. I'm sure Profar could hit at least .250, hit more bombs, drive in more runs and field as good. I'm saying that EA's performance is very replacable in our farm. His personality isn't, but his numbers are.

I was thinking about Gausman. The O's are going to have question marks in their OF for next year. Nelly and Markakis are both FA's. I wonder if they're interested in Rios?