• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame, why I HATE the Fighting Irish. Snowflakes should avoid this thread.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, even with as loose as Minnesota's academic standards are, you still got rejected.

giphy.gif
Oregon's Median SAT score is 1175, lol. Seems anyone could get into Oregon.

1325 is MUCH higher than 1175.

And I didn't apply to go to UMn. I went into the Military and scored so high, I got an invite to go to West Point.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's Median SAT score is 1175, lol. Seems anyone could get into Oregon.

1325 is MUCH higher than 1175.

And I didn't apply to go to UMn. I went into the Military and scored so high, I got an invite to go to West Point.

Not sure why you feel compelled to bring up Oregon. I've never touted Oregon's academics.

Wolves008

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a lot of words and thought put towards a semi-pro team who mostly aren't legally able to buy alcohol. Stop worrying about kids so much maybe.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't go to UMn. Never applied. I went to the military first, then to a private college. I thought that was common knowledge?

Common knowledge is everyone knows how much of a bizarre homer you are. It's still funny when I asked you what makes Minnesota football comparable to N.D. your answer involved baseball, hockey and track & field.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average salary of an NHL player is actually HIGHER than the average NFL player, and the average money people pay to watch NHL games is higher than NFL games, yes admittedly that is because there are more NHL games each season than there are NFL games, but still, more money is spent by American sports fans to see NHL games than is spent by American sports fans pay to see NFL games.

Seems like someone has to care about hockey, lol.

and apparently you are that guy.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm NOT trying to equate college hockey to college football, nor am I trying to equate UMn football to ND football.

I may be comparing UMn's academics and research very favorably to NDs, and UMn's athletics in general rate pretty well, too, historically and currently.

good luck comparing minny’s academics and Notre Dames. You’d probably have yo go to some Shanghai study to find someone who would actually print something that stupid. But then I guess sometimes people actually believe the crap that comes out of China.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In light of your single solitary individual opinion I was shocked when I saw that there was a Baseball forum at this site that saw over 3000 people visit it during the CWS??? Wow, thought you said no one cares about college baseball?

so Notre dame has two players in the Hall of Fame and two in the 3,000 hit club. I’m assuming Minny must have at least 5-6 in each category.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck comparing minny’s academics and Notre Dames. You’d probably have yo go to some Shanghai study to find someone who would actually print something that stupid. But then I guess sometimes people actually believe the crap that comes out of China.
No luck needed dude. ALL four of the Global Rankings found on ND's wikipedia page show that ND's not ranked very high at all.

170 in the THE ratings, 222 in the QS ratings, 238 in the USNWR ratings and between 301-400 in the ARWU ratings.

And I can go to

UMass and the Univ of Florida maybe? lol

The study those 2 schools put together have 9 different measurements and UMn outperforms ND in 6 of the 9. The only 3 ND rates higher than UMn in have nothing to do with performance, but have to do with what ND takes in. So they are actually a testament against ND, as ND seems to take in much more money and smarter students yet then turns around and doesn't perform, lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Notre dame has two players in the Hall of Fame and two in the 3,000 hit club. I’m assuming Minny must have at least 5-6 in each category.

I think I figured out who you're talking about. CY and CA are their initials right? If so fred will say the first Notre Damer with 3,000+ MLB hits is invalid because of when he played.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started this thread in the POLITICS forum, and hence why I singled out Notre Dame, because of ND's role in messing up America.

Theodore Hesburgh? If you don't know who that is, you should maybe educate yourself.
............so this started out on the political board as a way to show how ND is all that is wrong with the modern USA (apparently snowflakes avoid because you might get triggered!!), and eventually just morphs into a UofM masterbation thread?!?

I don't like ND but this whole concept of this thread is ridiculous.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota accomplished that much by 2004 when Paul Molitor got into the HOF in his first year of eligibility.

I don't have a source, but at the time, I remember reading/hearing that UMn was the first school in the country to have produced two 3000 hit players, and one of the few with two HOFers.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
............so this started out on the political board as a way to show how ND is all that is wrong with the modern USA (apparently snowflakes avoid because you might get triggered!!), and eventually just morphs into a UofM masterbation thread?!?

I don't like ND but this whole concept of this thread is ridiculous.
No one else seemed to care whether Notre Dame was or wasn't all that is wrong with the modern USA.

All the neanderthals in this place can think of is college football and so feel they have to attack anyone who attacks ND and all they know about is football so since ND is #1 in football they can't comprehend how anyone could ever dare to criticize ND.

Which is funny because ND's football legacy is about the only thing I respect ND for, lol.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one else seemed to care whether Notre Dame was or wasn't all that is wrong with the modern USA.

All the neanderthals in this place can think of is college football and so feel they have to attack anyone who attacks ND and all they know about is football so since ND is #1 in football they can't comprehend how anyone could ever dare to criticize ND.
I have no problems with criticizing ND but the original concept of the thread is ridiculous. If anything it seems you should be indicating the modern university educational systems as a whole instead of trying to pick and choose to try and fit it into a set of personal poltical beliefs.

.......whatever. For no specific good reason people seem to need to make everything about politics these days.

I will root for the Golden Gophers in any games they play against ND. But this thread is still just weird static for the most part.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasons OP "hates" Notre Dame.

-the legendary CFB coaches

-the legendary players

-the national championships

-the All American's

-the Heisman winners

-the history

But Minnesota has N.D. beat in baseball, hockey, shuffleboard, golf, rowing, tennis, wrestling, disc golf, beer pong, volleyball and soccer.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No luck needed dude. ALL four of the Global Rankings found on ND's wikipedia page show that ND's not ranked very high at all.

170 in the THE ratings, 222 in the QS ratings, 238 in the USNWR ratings and between 301-400 in the ARWU ratings.

And I can go to

UMass and the Univ of Florida maybe? lol

The study those 2 schools put together have 9 different measurements and UMn outperforms ND in 6 of the 9. The only 3 ND rates higher than UMn in have nothing to do with performance, but have to do with what ND takes in. So they are actually a testament against ND, as ND seems to take in much more money and smarter students yet then turns around and doesn't perform, lol.

You should do more research on the differences between the "Global" rankings and the standard rankings, so you don't embarrass yourself further.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-the legendary players

-the All American's

-the Heisman winners

-the history

But Minnesota has N.D. beat in baseball, hockey, shuffleboard, golf, rowing, tennis, wrestling, disc golf, beer pong, volleyball and soccer.

He also hates Catholics.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a lot of words and thought put towards a semi-pro team who mostly aren't legally able to buy alcohol. Stop worrying about kids so much maybe.
Words? Yes. Thought? Not so much.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems with criticizing ND but the original concept of the thread is ridiculous. If anything it seems you should be indicating the modern university educational systems as a whole instead of trying to pick and choose to try and fit it into a set of personal poltical beliefs.

Yes, the entire university educational system as a whole has serious issues, much of which stems from entanglement with Govt overspending, which makes it a political issue.

.......whatever. For no specific good reason people seem to need to make everything about politics these days.

Unfortunately far too much will be about politics these days, in part because we as Americans let the Govt grow and grow and grow, and then we couldn't figure out why our incomes were not rising steadily, along with inflation? lol

I will root for the Golden Gophers in any games they play against ND. But this thread is still just weird static for the most part.

As will I. And I understand, cfb season was approaching so it's hard for most to think about anything else, but I see the world going to hell as well, and saw too many videos talking about some of the reasons why this summer and too many of them pointed fingers at Notre Dame and their infamous leader Ted. If you want to watch one of the videos, I can post it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-the legendary players

-the All American's

-the Heisman winners

-the history

That's a lie, I don't hate ND for any of those reasons you listed. If you only knew how ridiculous such accusations make you look.

ND's legacy in cfb is one of the few things I respect about ND.