• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame Academic Fraud

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that insiders are saying it was indeed school officials involved in arranging the football players academic cheating. Let's not be quick to make those rumors true, but it is far too early to say this was just the kids with no involvement from the team or school either.

During the presser, Fr. Jenkins stressed at least two different times that the investigation did NOT reveal any involvement by coaches and that the academic advisors that discovered the cheating turned it over to the school officials to trigger the investigation. I suppose they may find something as they continue to investigate, but if its being "rumored" or "reported" out there already, that would imply there's some smoke there. While the school identified that it was players and students, if it had info at this time implicating coaches or staff, I think they would have said so. At least twice, they said no evidence of team involvement.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the presser, Fr. Jenkins stressed at least two different times that the investigation did NOT reveal any involvement by coaches and that the academic advisors that discovered the cheating turned it over to the school officials to trigger the investigation. I suppose they may find something as they continue to investigate, but if its being "rumored" or "reported" out there already, that would imply there's some smoke there. While the school identified that it was players and students, if it had info at this time implicating coaches or staff, I think they would have said so. At least twice, they said no evidence of team involvement.

The rumors are saying 'school officials' which doesn't necessarily mean coaches or related to the football staff. Could mean just about anything really which is why I said it's too soon to know either way. Let it all play out.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks JJC- man I can't wait until the time comes where we get on fricking normal/ quiet off season. I'm sick of this every year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast... (Couldn't help myself there)

There are rumors that insiders are saying it was indeed school officials involved in arranging the football players academic cheating. Let's not be quick to make those rumors true, but it is far too early to say this was just the kids with no involvement from the team or school either.

Listening to the presser right now and it's exactly along the lines of what I posted above. They are not going to give out any more details because it is an active investigation. 4 kids have been held out pending this investigation and that's about all they are officially saying.

If we assume for the moment it's true, were those school officials hired to do that? I don't think so.

I just think it's silly when the NCAA punishes the school, fans and remaining members of the team who were innocent in it over the actions of a few. Many say Oregon got away with a slap on the wrist, but I think it was a good ruling because it focused and punished the people responsible. Maybe Chip avoided it by going to the NFL, but that doesn't really matter as he wouldn't have been able to do much @ Oregon anyway which was the school in question.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how much longer Kelly is going to be kept around.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors are saying 'school officials' which doesn't necessarily mean coaches or related to the football staff. Could mean just about anything really which is why I said it's too soon to know either way. Let it all play out.

Agree wholeheartedly on letting it play out. I think Jenkins and Swarbrick were very careful to stress that what they have so far indicates that these are academic violations though, not NCAA violations. Meaning, they will have Honor Code implications. He also kinda made a point to say that the academic advisors (the ones who monitor the players' academics) were the ones that caught on and reported it, so still curious who the school officials would be. The vacating of wins may come to fruition if any players are deemed to have been ineligible at any time. Best to let it play out, but they seem to think that this is a school matter, not an NCAA matter, and will ultimately be treated as such. They may find out otherwise, they may not.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for the Domer fans. This really sucks for them.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks if this is true...we had to vacate wins because players were giving out free text books :rollseyes: can't imagine what they'll do with this and we all know the NCAA will get involved no matter what

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how much longer Kelly is going to be kept around.

Maybe he did know? :noidea:

No seriously, I actually like Kelly and I respect what he been able to do as a coach so I hope he isn't directly involved .

Unlikely sure, but still unless you guys are hiring Urban Meyer I hope Kelly is there for a long time.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA. Will the NCAA do anything? Nope.

According to the NCAA you can cheat academically as much as you want and still play.

Now, if you GAMBLED and played, well now, that is cheating.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never liked kelly, just comes across like a snake IMO.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never liked kelly, just comes across like a snake IMO.

he comes across as a snake and a guy that thinks he is smarter than everyone else

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the football program had available teaching assistants to follow and help athletes "tow the line" at the university, academically I mean. I find it hard to believe at ANY school this is still happening.

I am not saying ND is worse than others, glad to see them coming clean and dealing with the current situation.

Wish the best for the Irish Football this season, just NOT against my team is all.