• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame Academic Fraud

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, twitter is now buzzing that "sources" say up to 22 players could be caught in the scandal and years of wins could be relinquished

BREAKING: EXCLUSIVE via @CampusInsiders. Up to 22 current & former players involved in the #NDScandal More details to follow..

That'd be some shit if true...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the tramp name from Notre Lame, that sat on the committee that ruled on USC sanctions? And do she have a twitter?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is unfortunate.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame Football Rumors: Expulsions, Vacated Wins?

Apparently, a university official had been helping football players cheat over the past two years, and owned up to it to their higher-ups. The cheating was not related to Everett Golson’s cheating suspension, and Golson is reportedly not involved in this situation.

Couldn't figure out why the rumors were saying all of 2012 vacated and now that makes sense, if it's true of course.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, twitter is now buzzing that "sources" say up to 22 players could be caught in the scandal and years of wins could be relinquished

BREAKING: EXCLUSIVE via @CampusInsiders. Up to 22 current & former players involved in the #NDScandal More details to follow..

this is when the media makes up shit up left and right. we will get the real story in a week or 2. either way it is still a sad day for nd

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this makes my Friday. Going to a friends house tonight who is a huge ND fan and gave me a ration of shit when FSU had the online scandal where 14 wins were vacated. Oh happy days!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual school officials involved in helping football players cheating would be absolutely huge if it's all true.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://twitter.com/JoeWhelanWANE/status/500385886153240577"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nd says they will forfeit any wins if players were eligible during period of cheating

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://collegespun.com/independents/notre-dame/notre-dame-releases-official-statement-on-reported-scandal-no-players-dismissed-press-conference-at-6-p-m-e-t#
The University of Notre Dame has released an official statement regarding the reported academic scandal facing the Fighting Irish’s football team and other students.

There will be a press conference at 6 p.m. E.T. to address the situation.
From the release, which states that no current Notre Dame players have been dismissed, despite what was previously reported:
The University of Notre Dame is investigating suspected academic dishonesty on the part of several students, including four members of the football team. Because of the potential for NCAA violations, the University notified the NCAA today, and the four football players will be held out of practice and competition until the conclusion of an ongoing investigation and the University honor code process. Any possible academic dishonesty by other students will be addressed appropriately.
Earlier, it had been reported that four Notre Dame players–KeiVarae Russell, Ishaq Williams, DaVaris Daniels and Kendall Moore–had been dismissed by the team. Campus Insiders is reporting that up to 22 players are involved in the scandal and wins from the past four seasons could be vacated.

“Integrity is at the heart of our mission and academic misconduct will not be tolerated at Notre Dame,” said Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., the University’s president, in the release. “If the suspected improprieties are proven, we will use the experience to reinforce among our students the importance of honesty in all that they do. We are also examining ways of better conveying to students that they can avail themselves of legitimate academic assistance without resorting to cheating.”

The release stated that Notre Dame’s Office of General Counsel is investigating the case.
Evidence that students had submitted papers and homework that had been written for them by others was initially detected at the end of the summer session, and referred to the compliance office in athletics on July 29. The Office of General Counsel initiated an immediate investigation.

That investigation is ongoing. If it determines that the student-athletes would have been ineligible during past competition, Notre Dame will voluntarily vacate any victories in which they participated.
Notre Dame says all students involved in the investigation will remain a part of the university until the investigation closes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame Releases Official Statement On Reported Scandal, No Players Dismissed, Press Conference At 6 P.M. E.T | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
The University of Notre Dame has released an official statement regarding the reported academic scandal facing the Fighting Irish’s football team and other students.

There will be a press conference at 6 p.m. E.T. to address the situation.
From the release, which states that no current Notre Dame players have been dismissed, despite what was previously reported:
The University of Notre Dame is investigating suspected academic dishonesty on the part of several students, including four members of the football team. Because of the potential for NCAA violations, the University notified the NCAA today, and the four football players will be held out of practice and competition until the conclusion of an ongoing investigation and the University honor code process. Any possible academic dishonesty by other students will be addressed appropriately.
Earlier, it had been reported that four Notre Dame players–KeiVarae Russell, Ishaq Williams, DaVaris Daniels and Kendall Moore–had been dismissed by the team. Campus Insiders is reporting that up to 22 players are involved in the scandal and wins from the past four seasons could be vacated.

“Integrity is at the heart of our mission and academic misconduct will not be tolerated at Notre Dame,” said Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., the University’s president, in the release. “If the suspected improprieties are proven, we will use the experience to reinforce among our students the importance of honesty in all that they do. We are also examining ways of better conveying to students that they can avail themselves of legitimate academic assistance without resorting to cheating.”

The release stated that Notre Dame’s Office of General Counsel is investigating the case.
Evidence that students had submitted papers and homework that had been written for them by others was initially detected at the end of the summer session, and referred to the compliance office in athletics on July 29. The Office of General Counsel initiated an immediate investigation.

That investigation is ongoing. If it determines that the student-athletes would have been ineligible during past competition, Notre Dame will voluntarily vacate any victories in which they participated.
Notre Dame says all students involved in the investigation will remain a part of the university until the investigation closes.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the statement ND gave to local media this afternoon. It is from WSBT 22 in South Bend.

"The University of Notre Dame is investigating suspected academic dishonesty on the part of several students, including four members of the football team. Because of the potential for NCAA violations, the University notified the NCAA today, and the four football players will be held out of practice and competition until the conclusion of an ongoing investigation and the University honor code process. Any possible academic dishonesty by other students will be addressed appropriately.

“Integrity is at the heart of our mission and academic misconduct will not be tolerated at Notre Dame,” said Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., the University’s president. “If the suspected improprieties are proven, we will use the experience to reinforce among our students the importance of honesty in all that they do. We are also examining ways of better conveying to students that they can avail themselves of legitimate academic assistance without resorting to cheating.”

“The University is committed to thorough resolution of this matter, consistent with its commitment to academic integrity and adherence to NCAA rules," Father Jenkins said.

Students who are subject to the investigation will remain enrolled until its conclusion."

Shit WIzard got to it first. My bad.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, the statement pending to the media will not have any conclusions. Ongoing investigation jargon. Shouldn't be a shock as they have notified the NCAA and as soon as those clowns are involved the brakes go up and everything goes very very slowly.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy is a tool. I hate watching him on tv. Although his picture on his twitter account is pretty cool. Parkview Field for the Single A Tincaps. Fun place to watch a game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit WIzard got to it first. My bad.
:rockon:
This guy is a tool. I hate watching him on tv. Although his picture on his twitter account is pretty cool. Parkview Field for the Single A Tincaps. Fun place to watch a game.
I've been pretty careful to say 'if true' and whatnot as things flying around twitter should be taken as nothing more than fodder until the real info comes out.

The rumors are still flying hard that a school official was involved and there is more here, but I doubt any of that will be substantiated soon given the NCAA getting involved.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the last three or four off seasons I can't help but think ritualistic murders and exorcisms are still a coming. What fucking next. It's been really hard being a Notre Dame fan.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the same thing, but can't blame them.

I'm far from being a Notre Dame fan, but I think it sucks the entire team, school and fans are going to be punished over the actions of a few that were done without the approval of team, school and fans.

Nobody hired people to cheat. Nobody recruited those kids to cheat. etc.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing, but can't blame them.

I'm far from being a Notre Dame fan, but I think it sucks the entire team, school and fans are going to be punished over the actions of a few that were done without the approval of team, school and fans.

Nobody hired people to cheat. Nobody recruited those kids to cheat. etc.

Not so fast... (Couldn't help myself there)

There are rumors that insiders are saying it was indeed school officials involved in arranging the football players academic cheating. Let's not be quick to make those rumors true, but it is far too early to say this was just the kids with no involvement from the team or school either.

Listening to the presser right now and it's exactly along the lines of what I posted above. They are not going to give out any more details because it is an active investigation. 4 kids have been held out pending this investigation and that's about all they are officially saying.