• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not so fast on the Pelicans...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on them about two months ago, but now with Tyreke Evans expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks and Norris Cole could be out for 6+ weeks as well with Jrue Holiday on a minutes restriction they are all of the sudden really short on guard depth and STILL don't have a SF.

Eric Gordon is also extremely injury prone so they could be in real trouble if he goes down. Listen, I love AD and think he's a top 3 player and will eventually be the best in the league but he can't do it on his own.

With this recent news I'd say the 7&8 seeds are wide open in the West.

I take it you're not a fan of Q-Pon...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pondexter? He's a decent backup at best.

Good 3-and-D guy who came into his own last year after an injury-riddled tenure in Memphis. And when he got healthy, he was never able to re-establish a rotation spot for the Grizz. That midseason three-team deal that also sent Jeff Green to Memphis did wonders for the Pelicans as well as for Pondexter's career.

All-in-all, as long as they don't lose Anthony Davis for an extended period of time, they should be good for the playoffs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good 3-and-D guy who came into his own last year after an injury-riddled tenure in Memphis. And when he got healthy, he was never able to re-establish a rotation spot for the Grizz. That midseason three-team deal that also sent Jeff Green to Memphis did wonders for the Pelicans as well as for Pondexter's career.

All-in-all, as long as they don't lose Anthony Davis for an extended period of time, they should be good for the playoffs.
I still can't believe Outlaw picked Anthony Davis in the first round when he could have had Stephen Curry

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Outlaw picked Anthony Davis in the first round when he could have had Stephen Curry
AD is going to start making 3's along with his points, rebs, asts, stls, blks. Unless team wins and losses count for and against you, he will be better in fantasy and irl.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is going to start making 3's along with his points, rebs, asts, stls, blks. Unless team wins and losses count for and against you, he will be better in fantasy and irl.

Believe it or not - I was looking at him and Westbrook - even though Lebron was 3rd pick, It just seemed better to get Curry but I remember now he said that he didn't see Curry up there in #1

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good, I almost thought you were serious. My post wasn't sarcastic though.
I think it's a huge stretch for Utah to even be close to the 8th round and an equally tough stretch for Sacramento. They just aren't there yet

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not - I was looking at him and Westbrook - even though Lebron was 3rd pick, It just seemed better to get Curry but I remember now he said that he didn't see Curry up there in #1
I'd consider Westbrook over Lebron or even Steph because he gets a lot of triple doubles, not sure how the league is scored if it's in categories or points. If the Warriors are as good as they were last year, Steph is gonna be sitting out a fair amount of 4th quarters which knocks his value down a bit. It's hard to be disappointed with any of those 4 or even a James Harden, but I still like AD as the top fantasy player.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a huge stretch for Utah to even be close to the 8th round and an equally tough stretch for Sacramento. They just aren't there yet
I don't think it's that big of a stretch.
I'd split the West into 3 groups: the playoff locks, the lottery bound, and then the ones in the middle.
Playoff locks are GSW, LAC, SAS, HOU, MEM, OKC.
The lottery bound(teams who have good young talent but not going to be competing for the playoffs this year) are the Lakers, Wolves, Nuggets, and Blazers.
That leaves NO, Utah, Sacramento, PHX, and Dallas in the middle with 2 playoff spots left. I'm sticking with the Pelicans making it despite the injuries, then it's down to 4 and 1 spot. You think Dallas makes it? They have the history of making it but I don't really see it with them this year. The other 3 have just as good of a shot as Dallas to get in imo.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd consider Westbrook over Lebron or even Steph because he gets a lot of triple doubles, not sure how the league is scored if it's in categories or points. If the Warriors are as good as they were last year, Steph is gonna be sitting out a fair amount of 4th quarters which knocks his value down a bit. It's hard to be disappointed with any of those 4 or even a James Harden, but I still like AD as the top fantasy player.
Oh I agree, and in fact in my other league, I drafted 6th which meant Westbrook should have been gone, but wasn't so I grabbed him. In the main league, I was looking at Lebron, Westbrook and Davis. I really was trying to decide between Davis and Westbrook and suddenly Curry fell right into my lap and I just don't see how I could go wrong on that choice

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Davis stays healthy he is probably the best fantasy player by far this season.

The if he stays healthy part is what was causing me to hesitate on him and Lebron isn't a spring chicken either. I like Curry because he has the best chance of being injury free in my opinion

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, and in fact in my other league, I drafted 6th which meant Westbrook should have been gone, but wasn't so I grabbed him. In the main league, I was looking at Lebron, Westbrook and Davis. I really was trying to decide between Davis and Westbrook and suddenly Curry fell right into my lap and I just don't see how I could go wrong on that choice
It's definitely not a bad choice either way, what pick did you have in the draft?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely not a bad choice either way, what pick did you have in the draft?
I had the 3rd pick in one of them and the 6th in the other. In the one where I had the 3rd pick, Outlaws in here didn't see Curry and took Davis, then Bsktbllr took Lebron and it was then either Curry, Harden or Westbrook and I just couldn't see passing on Curry no matter how much I like Westbrook. In the other where I had the 6th pick I brought in some new people who are less experienced and they all passed on Westbrook who should have been the 4th pick, and so I felt like once again I was given a gift from the basketball gods:heh:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the 3rd pick in one of them and the 6th in the other. In the one where I had the 3rd pick, Outlaws in here didn't see Curry and took Davis, then Bsktbllr took Lebron and it was then either Curry, Harden or Westbrook and I just couldn't see passing on Curry no matter how much I like Westbrook. In the other where I had the 6th pick I brought in some new people who are less experienced and they all passed on Westbrook who should have been the 4th pick, and so I felt like once again I was given a gift from the basketball gods:heh:
Hard to argue those picks. KD back will take away some value from Westbrook, but still worth a top 5 selection.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue those picks. KD back will take away some value from Westbrook, but still worth a top 5 selection.
One player alone never wins it, but I haven't seen any one from a 8th seed and down win the entire thing yet in three years

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One player alone never wins it, but I haven't seen any one from a 8th seed and down win the entire thing yet in three years
I normally like having a middle pick(5 or 6) instead of one of the first or last picks, but the last thing I'd want is a pick near the end of the first round.