• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not Saying the Colts are Tanking the Season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But does their team seem fishy to anyone thus far? And no, I'm not talking about getting demolished by the Saints. I honestly believe the Saints just beat the shit outta them. I know Peyton Manning is (or so I believe) the most valuable player in all of sports, but can they really be THIS bad without him?

-The KC Chiefs were down 24-7 in the second quarter IN Indy. KC comes back to score 21 unanswered points. Painter was playing great all game, and all of a sudden couldn't complete a pass. Keep in mind the Chiefs were already one of the worst teams (and still are) in the NFL WITH Charles, and Charles tore his ACL prior to this game.

-Maybe it was me, but did anyone else think Pierre Garcon's fumble looked like he almost just put the ball out there hoping it'd get hit? Either it was a stupid mistake by a young receiver who was trying to get a first down, or he just held the ball out there for anyone to take.

I'm not saying the Colts are tanking their season, but it just seems fishy to me how bad they are really playing. On a side not, can you imagine Manning teaching Luck, and those quarterbacks playing on the same team back to back? It'd be like Joe Montana passing the torch to Steve Young.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have those same thoughts all the time. You can throw Miami in that mix as well with the way they gave up 15 points in less than 3 minutes to end the game. That just doesn't happen in the NFL.

The speculation will always be there, but there's really no way to prove it. These players have their own contracts and positions on the field to play for, I just can't imagine them intentionally doing it. But who knows.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have those same thoughts all the time. You can throw Miami in that mix as well with the way they gave up 15 points in less than 3 minutes to end the game. That just doesn't happen in the NFL.

The speculation will always be there, but there's really no way to prove it. These players have their own contracts and positions on the field to play for, I just can't imagine them intentionally doing it. But who knows.

That would have been an oscar-level performance by the ST guy that dropped the onsides kick for Miami.... He had it and got hit. Didn't seem fake to me.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the colts management is content that the team is getting a good draft pick next season. But the colts are a bottom tier team right now, any way you look at it.

miami too.

Denver sucks, but they were good enough to kick our asses at least, and should have beaten Miami as well. The 2 minute drill does quite often, change the pace of games at the end of a half of football, we've seen it over and over again.

but yea...

I've had the same thoughts too. if it's real, I'm staying in denial. There probably are some games in some sports that are indeed fixed.... I'd just rather not think it's the game I'm watching. this ain't pro wrastlin.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think the players are part of some conspiracy to land Luck. That being said ownership is surely not doing anything to better their teams. In a non-luck year you gotta think that both Caldwell and Sporano would be canned (rightly so). THis year I have no doubt that they'll coach all 16 games then be uncermemoniously axed less than a week into the of season.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Indy is going 0-16 and so will Miami...Thats my prediction.....Indy drafts Luck and he wont fight it either....Caldwell gets canned and luck will have Gruden as coach....Cowher is going to Miami as he will get more power there....Indy takes Luck and MIami takes the Landry or Boise State kid......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy is going 0-16 and so will Miami...Thats my prediction.....Indy drafts Luck and he wont fight it either....Caldwell gets canned and luck will have Gruden as coach....Cowher is going to Miami as he will get more power there....Indy takes Luck and MIami takes the Landry or Boise State kid......

You forget that Peyton has a say in Indy...I don't see Gruden going there. If Peyton is healthy, and all reports are that he should return next year...even if they draft Luck...Caldwell may not be fired. Everyone knew this defense is not good. You take away Manning from the offense, and the defense is suddenly not playing with leads all the time...and they are forced to play a complete game vs the pass AND the run...Freeney and Mathis become less imposing.

Miami is terrible. They should have just traded for Orton when they had the chance. Agreed with Cower here. I could see that. They'll give him a lot of control, and that is something he'll want.

Besides, players don't tank games for draft picks, and coaches/GM's don't play out on the field...so I don't think anyone is tanking. Now, if you start seeing teams go out there without Wayne and Garcon lining up at WR...then you can start wondering....but as long as there are NFL players on the field...those guys are not tanking.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You forget that Peyton has a say in Indy...I don't see Gruden going there. If Peyton is healthy, and all reports are that he should return next year...even if they draft Luck...Caldwell may not be fired. Everyone knew this defense is not good. You take away Manning from the offense, and the defense is suddenly not playing with leads all the time...and they are forced to play a complete game vs the pass AND the run...Freeney and Mathis become less imposing.

Miami is terrible. They should have just traded for Orton when they had the chance. Agreed with Cower here. I could see that. They'll give him a lot of control, and that is something he'll want.

Besides, players don't tank games for draft picks, and coaches/GM's don't play out on the field...so I don't think anyone is tanking. Now, if you start seeing teams go out there without Wayne and Garcon lining up at WR...then you can start wondering....but as long as there are NFL players on the field...those guys are not tanking.

Prediction of the year??? Peyton will be traded to the New York Jets and Sanchez gets traded to Seattle...Tom Moore is with the Jets...Its gonna shock the world....Indy either trades or releases Manning...Could also see DC pulling off a trade for Manning.... I dont think Manning will be with the Colts in 2012. :)

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction of the year??? Peyton will be traded to the New York Jets and Sanchez gets traded to Seattle...Tom Moore is with the Jets...Its gonna shock the world....Indy either trades or releases Manning...Could also see DC pulling off a trade for Manning.... I dont think Manning will be with the Colts in 2012. :)

I like your creativity but there is no way in hell Indy trades or releases manning. NO CHANCE

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only happens if the Colts get the #1 pick and I don't think they do. Question is, with this neck injury I don't think they can get much for him.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like your creativity but there is no way in hell Indy trades or releases manning. NO CHANCE

If they were smart, they'd play Manning another year, let Luck sit that year behind him and then have a firesale for Manning. That'll be enough to show the league he's healthy - not that any team wouldn't do a thorough physical on him anyways - and allows Luck to learn a year behind the greatest. It would also put them in a great position to build a solid team around Luck.

I would give up both of our 1st round picks the following 2 years and Oakland's 2013 pick. Maybe even throw in another 2nd rounder. Unfortunately, in any case, Manning would have enough say to give any team he doesn't want to play for the shaft.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they were smart, they'd play Manning another year, let Luck sit that year behind him and then have a firesale for Manning. That'll be enough to show the league he's healthy - not that any team wouldn't do a thorough physical on him anyways - and allows Luck to learn a year behind the greatest. It would also put them in a great position to build a solid team around Luck.

I would give up both of our 1st round picks the following 2 years and Oakland's 2013 pick. Maybe even throw in another 2nd rounder. Unfortunately, in any case, Manning would have enough say to give any team he doesn't want to play for the shaft.

For Manning?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up that much for either one.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Me either, but I damn sure wouldn't give it up for a mid-30's QB coming off neck surgery. I'm not mortgaging the future for a guy who probably only helps for 2 years.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He gives us the best chance over that 2-3 year span than we'll probably ever have in our lifetimes. I'd absolutely do it. Without blinking. He's never played with this good of a defense nor this good of an offense/scheme. We probably wouldn't lose a game.

It'll make us a little worse 4-5 years down the road not having those 3-4 picks, but not enough to not take the chance. We'd still have a solid team when he's gone.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is what every team will say if the Colts come calling about Manning.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gives us the best chance over that 2-3 year span than we'll probably ever seen in our lifetimes. I'd absolutely do it. Without blinking. He's never played with this good of a defense nor this good of an offense/scheme. We probably wouldn't lose a game.

It'll make us a little worse 4-5 years down the road not having those 3-4 picks, but not enough to not take the chance. We'd still have a solid team when he's gone.

Until he gets hit behind this O-Line and his career is over 6 games into the first season. Then we are screwed again. Dalton is looking plenty good enough to get us to a SB and win one if the D keeps playing this way, we sure up the O-Line and get a RB.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our o-line has holes, but overall, it's solid. And it sure as hell is better than what they got going in Indianapolis. He's just always made them look a LOT better than they really are.

If Dalton can get us to one and possibly win one, then there's no doubt in my mind Manning would win one, if not 2-3.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trading away the future for 2-3 years of being good. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.