• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NOT a Patriots thread: Arrington gets 3 yr deal from Ravens

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enjoy, hes awful.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KYLE ARRINGTON SIGNS 3-YEAR DEAL WITH RAVENS
05.13.15 at 6:50 pm ET
By Ryan Hannable
That didn’t take long.

After being released by the Patriots on Monday, cornerback Kyle Arrington has signed a three-year deal with theBaltimore Ravens pending a physical, the team announced Wednesday.

Arrington was released after he would have earned $3 million this season and count $4.6 million against the salary cap.

The cornerback spent six seasons in New England and was an all-around good guy who was well-respected in the locker room. Arrington played in all 16 games in five straight seasons, before playing in 14 this past year. He had nine total interceptions, including seven in 2011.

This leaves the Patriots with no starting cornerbacks remaining from their Super Bowl winning team last year.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't defend against receivers with a good vertifical jump. or that are tall. he was abused in the SB.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't defend against receivers with a good vertifical jump. or that are tall. he was abused in the SB.
one good year til people figured out "throw it high".
hard to believe the led the league in picks one year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one good year til people figured out "throw it high".
hard to believe the led the league in picks one year.

I don't know him at all, but I'm pretty sure everything I've read about him has said he struggles on the outside but excels as a slot corner. This seems to jive with what you are saying, because the last thing any QB wants to do is throw the ball high to a slot receiver.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know him at all, but I'm pretty sure everything I've read about him has said he struggles on the outside but excels as a slot corner. This seems to jive with what you are saying, because the last thing any QB wants to do is throw the ball high to a slot receiver.
arrington played outside here.

in the superbowl, he FELL DOWN in coverage.

he has trouble turning around, which is why hes better in the slot.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arrington played outside here.

in the superbowl, he FELL DOWN in coverage.

he has trouble turning around, which is why hes better in the slot.

He'll be playing in the slot here which is why I like the move by the Ravens. I mean...at the end of last year we were signing guys off of other teams' practice squads and the street to play CB for us.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enjoy, hes awful.

Kyle was a real professional. He'll give you everything he's got. He's excellent in the slot, just not on the outside. Good signing by the Ravens. I hate to give you credit but Ozzie made a nice move here. Many Pats fans blamed Arrington for giving up those long balls in the SB but if you watch the tape, he was right on his man every time but was at an extreme height disadvantage. Good luck #25

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle was a real professional. He'll give you everything he's got. He's excellent in the slot, just not on the outside. Good signing by the Ravens. I hate to give you credit but Ozzie made a nice move here. Many Pats fans blamed Arrington for giving up those long balls in the SB but if you watch the tape, he was right on his man every time but was at an extreme height disadvantage. Good luck #25
great guy, terrible cover guy outside of the slot.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be playing in the slot here which is why I like the move by the Ravens. I mean...at the end of last year we were signing guys off of other teams' practice squads and the street to play CB for us.

He's a decent slot defender but he did get abused in the SB.

To the point where he was replaced by.... Malcolm Butler

And the rest is Superbowl history.