• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken him round 4 if I did not already have Shaheen. He seems like Delanie Walker to me. A little undersized, mean as hell while blocking, and a much better reciever than he gets credit for.
In a weird way, being undersized is what makes him such a nasty blocker. He gets low like Aaron Donald and just drives players back.

Im not sure where his upside is but he is the type of player that the Patriots usually find in later rounds and turn into a star.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick is in sorry for the delay

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a stark contrast from the beltway wisdom that this is a bad QB class if you like that many.

I think this is a better qb class than it gets credit for. Somehow last year's was considered great but this year everybody wants to pick them all apart.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a better qb class than it gets credit for. Somehow last year's was considered great but this year everybody wants to pick them all apart.
I think its middle of the pack. You'll probably see one franchise guy, one or two average starters, some really awful busts and a couple of backups.

Its easy to focus on the really awful busts part because at least 2 of the top 5 are going to be completely wasted draft picks but its hard to tell who they are going to be.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its middle of the pack. You'll probably see one franchise guy, one or two average starters, some really awful busts and a couple of backups.

Its easy to focus on the really awful busts part because at least 2 of the top 5 are going to be completely wasted draft picks but its hard to tell who they are going to be.

Probably true. I just think this class gets labeled as shit when I'd take Mahomes, Kizer, or Trubisky over Goff and Wentz (as prospects or now). But last year you have teams trading 3 1st rounders for those guys and calling them a combination of Peyton and Cam.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true. I just think this class gets labeled as shit when I'd take Mahomes, Kizer, or Trubisky over Goff and Wentz (as prospects or now). But last year you have teams trading 3 1st rounders for those guys and calling them a combination of Peyton and Cam.
Yeah, I think Kizer and Trubisky are both Tannehill level prospects which is pretty good. Apparently Kizer has lot a lot of negative buzz but thats still where I'd put him.

Mahomes is like Goff with a better arm and maybe better leadership skills. I see a lot of the same issues but I get where you're coming from when you say this one is better than last year.

The big thing is everyone missed Dak last year because he was on an awful team and his oline made him look worse than he was. Not a lot of these QBs coming out this year outside of Watson were on good teams so the average Joe might be sleeping on this class a little bit.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every year the media presses the HYPE button especially after the combine. This year Trubinsky and McCaffrey are getting alot of hype. It's usually the QBs, but for some reason Jared Goff was that guy last year and a guy like Deshaun Watson is "dropping".

We'll see. Some of those teams drafting in the top 10 won't forget how good Watson has been throughout his career. Amazing how so many "experts" throw games out the window and look at raw attributes - like they win games.

Now ESPN is calling for the Browns to take Trubinsky #1 overall. :L The guy started 1 year at UNC and was stuck behind a lousy QB when he wasn't starting.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Kizer and Trubisky are both Tannehill level prospects which is pretty good. Apparently Kizer has lot a lot of negative buzz but thats still where I'd put him.

Mahomes is like Goff with a better arm and maybe better leadership skills. I see a lot of the same issues but I get where you're coming from when you say this one is better than last year.

The big thing is everyone missed Dak last year because he was on an awful team and his oline made him look worse than he was. Not a lot of these QBs coming out this year outside of Watson were on good teams so the average Joe might be sleeping on this class a little bit.

True. And dak really changes that class. Wentz could still hit or he may end up a bust but Dak is more than you get from some classes.

And yea the prospects this year definitely have flaws (Mahomes especially). I think Mahomes is a good example of how differently the classes are treated. Like Goff and Wentz he has upside but also has flaws that make him a huge risk. But one is gonna be a mid first rounder and the other 2 were bowed down too.

Like the tannehill level prospect comparison. I think that's pretty accurate. I'm not sure either is becoming a star but they could be good qbs for a while.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the media presses the HYPE button especially after the combine. This year Trubinsky and McCaffrey are getting alot of hype. It's usually the QBs, but for some reason Jared Goff was that guy last year and a guy like Deshaun Watson is "dropping".

We'll see. Some of those teams drafting in the top 10 won't forget how good Watson has been throughout his career. Amazing how so many "experts" throw games out the window and look at raw attributes - like they win games.

Now ESPN is calling for the Browns to take Trubinsky #1 overall. :L The guy started 1 year at UNC and was stuck behind a lousy QB when he wasn't starting.

I don't know man. I think "hype" is a real thing but I'm not sure how to determine what's justified and what isn't. I think wentz and Goff both got way hyped up for unknown reasons but that's easy for me to say as somebody who didn't like them as prospects. I think this year if anybody is overhyped it's Watson and Fournette. Which isn't to say I'm right and you're wrong but just to say that I think it's easy to accuse the big bad media of overhyping the guys we personally don't like.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text the Chargers (WLK)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. I think "hype" is a real thing but I'm not sure how to determine what's justified and what isn't. I think wentz and Goff both got way hyped up for unknown reasons but that's easy for me to say as somebody who didn't like them as prospects. I think this year if anybody is overhyped it's Watson and Fournette. Which isn't to say I'm right and you're wrong but just to say that I think it's easy to accuse the big bad media of overhyping the guys we personally don't like.

The "unknown reasons" you speak of are that the media needs a story. They are grasping for air the days/weeks leading up to the draft.

Watson isn't getting any hype besides from Gruden. Most "experts" have him dropping. Watson and Fournette are the real deal. Fournette is going to be a tank. Of course alot depends on where they go.

I have no personal vendetta towards anyone. The media is who gets favorites blown out of whack which = HYPE. I just watch alot of college football and payed close attention to drafts over the years. Being a Rams fan will do that to you.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post combine HYPE + forgetting about a players college career and who they played against + Team desperation is what leads to picks like Goff and Wentz.

I see it every year.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once @wlk3 is done picking Solomon Thomas I will text @ehb5

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Carolina (EHB)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is a good time to bring this up:

has anyone else noticed the new Bears fans on here that are a little slow?