• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What saddens me about trading up in this is a tried to do it in a way where Id get a top talent and a QB of the future. Something tells me IRL its just going to be trading the farm for a QB of the Future. I hope Im wrong.

QB's in the draft always seem to go higher than they do on these mock draft things. The value of the position is just too high for teams to wait around. So yeah I think beginning about pick 18 to maybe pick 23 there will be a bidding war between Houston, KC, NY Giants, Steelers, Saints, and maybe the Browns trying to get back into the 1st for a QB. That 5th year option is just too tempting at such a critical position.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Njoku and Mahomes were the last two guys that I had a first round grade on. With about 5 picks until I was up, I decided I'd rather give up some late pick value to get one of them. Think it was a great pick for the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take him in the first.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Baltimore (Smitty)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What saddens me about trading up in this is a tried to do it in a way where Id get a top talent and a QB of the future. Something tells me IRL its just going to be trading the farm for a QB of the Future. I hope Im wrong.

Everybody I know that watches TT football on a regular basis all say Mahommes is different, he's not the typical Tech system QB...I like the moves...both of them actually.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Njoku and Mahomes were the last two guys that I had a first round grade on. With about 5 picks until I was up, I decided I'd rather give up some late pick value to get one of them. Think it was a great pick for the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take him in the first.

I still have a couple of guys with very high grades left. Getting a little antsy to trade up for one but going to try and hold off

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody I know that watches TT football on a regular basis all say Mahommes is different, he's not the typical Tech system QB...I like the moves...both of them actually.
Not a Mahomes guy at all but I tend to agree. My concerns with Mahomes have very little to do with the system he played in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he is a bit different. They ran some routes with him that you didn't see with most of the other guys. And with the Chiefs taking him he is going to the right situation where he can sit maybe a couple of years. Missing a lot of the pieces but has all the right tools at least athletically to be a great QB. Just don't know about the head part of the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's in the draft always seem to go higher than they do on these mock draft things. The value of the position is just too high for teams to wait around. So yeah I think beginning about pick 18 to maybe pick 23 there will be a bidding war between Houston, KC, NY Giants, Steelers, Saints, and maybe the Browns trying to get back into the 1st for a QB. That 5th year option is just too tempting at such a critical position.

PIT has hosted Mahommes, but also Dobbs so it's possible if he's on the board at 30, but I don't expect them to move up if there is an edge on the board they like. I expect them to try to secure Dobbs in the 3rd which is high by most accounts.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Mahomes guy at all but I tend to agree. My concerns with Mahomes have very little to do with the system he played in.
Consistency is the big issue I see with him. He flashes everything you want to see but a lot of what he did at college would end up being interceptions or sacks in the NFL. His surrounding talent was awful, though.

In a lot of ways, he is kind of like Goff mixed with Stafford. Not someone you want as your QB in year 1 but someone who could do some damage further down the line. Obviously that words Goff have like 20 red flags on them so thats why you see him as the 4th QB off the board.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to trade pick #79 (worth 195) and pick #86 (worth 160) to move in to the 2nd round.
Any of the following interested?

Denver Broncos: @cdumler7
Indianapolis Colts: Nos
Houston Texans: @There is A Moose at 3rd
Cleveland Browns: @Shanemansj13
Baltimore Ravens: @broncosmitty
Pittsburgh Steelers: @ATL96Steeler
Miami Dolphins: @FlyerFinFan
New York Jets: @MilkSpiller22
San Francisco 49ers: @purguy12
Seattle Seahawks: @blstoker
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: @JuiceTheGator
Atlanta Falcons: @HaroldSeattle
Carolina Panthers: @ehb5
Detroit Lions: @Mebert
Green Bay Packers: @Pack 500
New York Giants: @fullxtension
Philadelphia Eagles: @mcnabb7542

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT has hosted Mahommes, but also Dobbs so it's possible if he's on the board at 30, but I don't expect them to move up if there is an edge on the board they like. I expect them to try to secure Dobbs in the 3rd which is high by most accounts.

I was wondering when a Steelers fan would comment on that. Yeah I almost didn't include them on the list just because the odds of them taking one in the 1st let alone trading up for one are very slim. Still with Big Ben having to take some time thinking about retirement it has to be on the Steelers' minds about finding his eventual replacement. My guess is like you they go midround guy more so than trading up in the 1st.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to trade pick #79 (worth 195) and pick #86 (worth 160) to move in to the 2nd round.

If you add pick 199 I will trade 53

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll do it

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu
Vikings trade pick 79, pick 86 and pick 199

to

Detroit for pick 53 and pick 215

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I coached him a few times in summer baseball, good kid, hope he makes it

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when a Steelers fan would comment on that. Yeah I almost didn't include them on the list just because the odds of them taking one in the 1st let alone trading up for one are very slim. Still with Big Ben having to take some time thinking about retirement it has to be on the Steelers' minds about finding his eventual replacement. My guess is like you they go midround guy more so than trading up in the 1st.

I think it's 95% the Steelers will take a QB in this draft. The Rooneys don't talk in the media a whole bunch about players especially, but Dan has said publicly he "thinks" they need to take Ben's retirement seriously...those are marching orders if I've ever heard them.

I really expect the 1st round pick to be DEF...edge or S/CB. Steelers have to fix 3rd down DEF and aside from a nice DL pick up in FA, they didn't do anything to address it so it would surprise me to see them go QB at 30. 2nd, 3rd rd, it wouldn't surprise me to see a QB called at all. Mahommes is a little better prospect right now than the guy I like...Dobbs. He has the physical and mental (local kid, carried a 4.0 at a tough HS and has a aero space engineering deg) tools for the job...just raw from a NFL perspective. I know one of the things the Steelers (I'm sure any team) want to know about him is how serious he is about playing football.