• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Norm Nixon once said it as well...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, the good ol' days...

Funny story...for the final game of the 1981-82 finals, I was in the hospital to have surgery the next morning. When I realized the date, I tried to get the doctor to reschedule it. He wouldn't do it, so I said..."My room better get Channel 2 so I can watch the Lakers. They're clinching the championship that night." He says..."I'm sure it will. It's channel 2, everybody gets that." (no cable tv yet).

I get to the hospital, get into my room and the only fucking channel that doesn't work is....channel 2.

I figured it would take about 45 minutes to walk home from the hospital, so I called the nurse and said that maintenance needed to have that fixed by 10:30pm or I was walking home to watch the game and would come back after it was over.

It took them until about 10:20pm, but they got it fixed. If memory serves, they actually replaced the tv. lol

The next day, I wake up in my room after my surgery. Visit with family, my girlfriend and a couple of buddies who came by. After they leave, I decide to go get a newspaper so I can read about the game. By the time I get back from the newspaper machine, which was located all the way at the front of the hospital, I find the nurses all upset and looking for me.

The see me go into my room and come rushing in "Where have you been? You're not supposed to be walking around yet."

I said..."Yeah, I just learned that the hard way. Can you help me back into my bed?" lol