• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No way we lose this week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al tho I never say never.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Our path to victory is gonna be tough too though.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Jay and Kristen are staying in making apple turnovers though. :pound:

Might audible and go peach or cherry since they are out of season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we play +/- on the number of injuries this week though?

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-6 here we come! Get ready to circle the bowl for another 8 weeks too. This coaching staff, and as a result the team, is dead on arrival. These guys lack heart, leadership, a desire to win and any form of fire to keep things afloat.

This team will be lucky to make 6-10, let alone 7-9 or better. I have gone on record as saying that Emery deserves another year. I've also defended Cutler in the past. My tune has changed significantly. If giving Emery another year means giving Trestman another year then they both have to go. Cutler simply has to go as well. Eat the salary cap hit and ship him out. If Brandon Marshall does't like it, ship him out too. We need a leader on offense who can carry the flag and show the team through the darkness. Culture simply isn;t that guy. He is ]more harmful than beneficial. I could go on and on but I lack any form of faith in the leadership of this team. I'd prefer to cheer on a losing team that plays with heart and cares about improving rather than a bunch of overpaid underachievers who are embodied by celebrating the sack of a backup QB down 25 and tearing an ACL.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tune has changed significantly. If giving Emery another year means giving Trestman another year then they both have to go. Cutler simply has to go as well. Eat the salary cap hit and ship him out. If Brandon Marshall does't like it, ship him out too.

No, Emery has brought us in talent... I'll take his draft picks over the next 10 years. Now, if he keeps Tucker and Camillas next year, then fire him, but I have a funny feeling both will be gone. Trestman will be on the hot seat depending on what the Offense does. Frankly, we keep Cutler till his contract is up in 2 years.

Do what you said, and this team will be decades in the shitter. It isn't so easy getting a QB AT LEAST as good as Cutler. Since 2009, only 4 QB are better or as good as Jay. Ponder that for a second, pun intended.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all gonna look pretty silly when we finish 15-5

WOOOH BABY.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Emery has brought us in talent... I'll take his draft picks over the next 10 years. Now, if he keeps Tucker and Camillas next year, then fire him, but I have a funny feeling both will be gone. Trestman will be on the hot seat depending on what the Offense does. Frankly, we keep Cutler till his contract is up in 2 years.

Do what you said, and this team will be decades in the shitter. It isn't so easy getting a QB AT LEAST as good as Cutler. Since 2009, only 4 QB are better or as good as Jay. Ponder that for a second, pun intended.

I disagree that we'll be decades in the shitter. My suggestion has worked out pretty well for Arizona and Kansas City to name two. Cutler sucks. You can't tell me you wouldn't prefer a leader who makes far fewer mistakes to an arrogant ahole with a rocket arm who costs his team dearly with turnovers and has less leadership than the deuce Brady dropped prior to game time last week.

I actually still have some faith in Emery individually. The problem is that he's tied to Trestman and Cutler. If I have to take the trio, they all get flushed. I'd strongly consider keeping Emery if it were only him coming back but that's not likely how it's going to work IMO. Practically speaking you are probably right in that we give both Emery and Trestman one more year to see if they can work it out with a different defensive scheme and another offseason of talent added to that side of the ball. My issue is that it does't solve the problem: a lack of leadership and accountability.

I wanted to make this it's own thread since I can't make one, give this a read:

State of the Bears: Trestman's job security tenuous; lack of leadership - CBSSports.com

Sure this comes from the dreaded "sources close to the team" but it reflects what I see on the field. Keeping Trestman around another year, assuming he can't right the ship, is akin to polishing a turd.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the line to come out this week on the game.

I'd bet we play them close. I might bet it at -7 or -8.

Maybe that's just because I'm making the trip up to Green Bay for the game… and I'm just afraid of going all that way for a blowout.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we even beat Minnesota? Shit. That would be such an embarrassing loss to fall to 0-4 at home.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you, but we are married to Cutler for three more years, the salary cap hit would be over 35 million for the next two years, and they have already converted some of the money to bonus, which would be dead money in the cap, and will convert more the next two season for salary cap relief that we will not be able to spend...so that is not feasible...the problem is defense...to can not make a team have to score every time they get the ball, to stay in the game...

Trestman hired Mel Tucker, and refuses to replace him, so he has to go. As far as Emery, he drafted McClellin, and stood by after last season, and let Mel Tucker stay...there must be accountability.

The one happy thing about this situation is that the new CEO wants to win before his 94 year old mother passes, and has a short temper for stupidity. I guarantee that their will be changes, but I think they will just throw Tucker under the bus to try and save face. We need LB's and DB's...but this team for the last 30 years always wins at 6 to 8 games...not enough to go to the playoff, and not high enough to get a game changer in the draft.

3-6 here we come! Get ready to circle the bowl for another 8 weeks too. This coaching staff, and as a result the team, is dead on arrival. These guys lack heart, leadership, a desire to win and any form of fire to keep things afloat.

This team will be lucky to make 6-10, let alone 7-9 or better. I have gone on record as saying that Emery deserves another year. I've also defended Cutler in the past. My tune has changed significantly. If giving Emery another year means giving Trestman another year then they both have to go. Cutler simply has to go as well. Eat the salary cap hit and ship him out. If Brandon Marshall does't like it, ship him out too. We need a leader on offense who can carry the flag and show the team through the darkness. Culture simply isn;t that guy. He is ]more harmful than beneficial. I could go on and on but I lack any form of faith in the leadership of this team. I'd prefer to cheer on a losing team that plays with heart and cares about improving rather than a bunch of overpaid underachievers who are embodied by celebrating the sack of a backup QB down 25 and tearing an ACL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you, but we are married to Cutler for three more years, the salary cap hit would be over 35 million for the next two years, and they have already converted some of the money to bonus, which would be dead money in the cap, and will convert more the next two season for salary cap relief that we will not be able to spend...so that is not feasible...the problem is defense...to can not make a team have to score every time they get the ball, to stay in the game...

Trestman hired Mel Tucker, and refuses to replace him, so he has to go. As far as Emery, he drafted McClellin, and stood by after last season, and let Mel Tucker stay...there must be accountability.

The one happy thing about this situation is that the new CEO wants to win before his 94 year old mother passes, and has a short temper for stupidity. I guarantee that their will be changes, but I think they will just throw Tucker under the bus to try and save face. We need LB's and DB's...but this team for the last 30 years always wins at 6 to 8 games...not enough to go to the playoff, and not high enough to get a game changer in the draft.

Exactly what I've been saying. Emery built this team around the concept that Trestman would be the head coach, and that Cutler would be the QB. That, along with the money they gave Cutler… getting rid of either is admitting total failure as a GM throughout his first three seasons. Cutler's numbers will be good enough for him to skate by during press conferences after the season. I can't see Trestman getting canned unless this second half only gets worse, and the team goes 1-7 or something to finish the season.

I am almost certain that Tucker will be fired and made the scape-goat for all of this. Then Emery will give it one last shot next year, ante up and try again.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe that's just because I'm making the trip up to Green Bay for the game… and I'm just afraid of going all that way for a blowout.

The only reason it might not be double digits is because Rodgers has a hamstring issue. It might be the one week to bet on the packers though. I have a feeling its gonna be close.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Brad Biggs said it was -7/-7.5.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that we'll be decades in the shitter. My suggestion has worked out pretty well for Arizona and Kansas City to name two.
Arizona and Kansas are loaded with veteran high draft picks from decades of mediocrity. For instance, in the last 9 years Kansas had two - 2 win seasons and two - 4 win seasons... Please, talent was never the issue in Kansas City. Arizona has been better for certain over the last 8-9 years, in fact two deep playoff runs before Arians got there, but also two 5 win seasons.

Cutler sucks. You can't tell me you wouldn't prefer a leader who makes far fewer mistakes to an arrogant ahole with a rocket arm who costs his team dearly with turnovers and has less leadership than the deuce Brady dropped prior to game time last week.
And who exactly would that be? I listed all of the equal to or better than Jay QB's since 2009 drafted. There were only 4 on that list, Stafford, Luck, Wilson, and one other that are arguably better than Jay since 2009. Not so easy bud. Do you forget the forgettable list of QB's the Bears have had since the late 60's. It is awful. If you think replacing Jay is so easy, you are sorely mistaken. Do yourself a favor go look up the list of past Bear QB's. Chicago Bears: 30 QB's in 30 Years - Chicago Tribune And, while I understand his mistakes have come at awful moments, statistically Jay is having his best pro year ever, including the year he went to the pro bowl. Which again, seems to point towards Trestman both good and bad.

I still have some faith in Emery individually. The problem is that he's tied to Trestman and Cutler. If I have to take the trio, they all get flushed. I'd strongly consider keeping Emery if it were only him coming back but that's not likely how it's going to work IMO. Practically speaking you are probably right in that we give both Emery and Trestman one more year to see if they can work it out with a different defensive scheme and another offseason of talent added to that side of the ball. My issue is that it does't solve the problem: a lack of leadership and accountability.

I wanted to make this it's own thread since I can't make one, give this a read:

State of the Bears: Trestman's job security tenuous; lack of leadership - CBSSports.com

Sure this comes from the dreaded "sources close to the team" but it reflects what I see on the field. Keeping Trestman around another year, assuming he can't right the ship, is akin to polishing a turd.
Obviously you and I are welcome to our opinions, but the guy with THE opinion that matters has come out in support of Emery and Trestman. That may change, but wishing upon a star at this point seems futile.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who prefers a winner to raw talent. Pretty simple concept.

And yet, besides a brief period during the mid 80's we have never had that. Yet, we did go to a SB with an awful QB in Rex.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong. We entered the weekend in third and now are in 4th.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who exactly would that be? I listed all of the equal to or better than Jay QB's since 2009 drafted. There were only 4 on that list, Stafford, Luck, Wilson, and one other that are arguably better than Jay since 2009. Not so easy bud.

With all the things wrong with Trestman, I think you are forgetting that he is a legit "QB Whisperer" and seemed to do some pretty amazing things with some pretty mediocre talent. We don't need a QB that will put up good looking statistics.....we need a guy that will win the game.

Personally, I believe Trestman could do much more with a young QB than any other Head Coach or QB Coach in the NFL and I'm willing to let him try. I was amazed what he did with a very mediocre Josh McCown. It proved to me that discipline is a much bigger factor in good QB play versus raw talent and a live arm.

Do you forget the forgettable list of QB's the Bears have had since the late 60's. It is awful. If you think replacing Jay is so easy, you are sorely mistaken. Do yourself a favor go look up the list of past Bear QB's. Chicago Bears: 30 QB's in 30 Years - Chicago Tribune

Yes, you are correct that Jay is the best QB Chicago has ever had from a statistical standpoint.....but this argument lends itself to the World's Tallest Midget type of logic.

If we drafted Drew Bledsoe, he would have been the Best QB Chicago Has Ever Had, but would he have been worth keeping if we wanted to win a Super Bowl? Probably not.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is no way we can lose this week?

rodgers.jpg

Aaron Rodgers says hello.....