• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row. What if the Chiefs do it?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean for Mahomes legacy and the GOAT argument we are watching him make over his career? What does that say for Andy Reid?

For both I think it makes a case for them to be in conversations of best ever but it does not push them to GOAT status. Andy Reid would for sure be in the top 5 HC conversation to end his career with 3 straight Super Bowl wins.

Now if they win 4 in a row when no other team has won 3 in a row? Then it gets interesting.

Then even if Mahomes only wins 1 other title late in his career he would have stake at the GOAT title having won 4 in a row early in his career.

Reid with 4 straight titles added onto already his lengthy resume then enters a debate with BB as the GOAT HC, especially if BB remains in the league and AFC during this 4 year run.

Dream on.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic how people are coming out of the woodwork to bump this.

Last possible moment for you to be proven right. By the law of averages I was proven right by this thread. Suck it, losers.

You must have a different interpretation of the law of averages and being proven right.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I find it laughable that any fan thinks winning SBs is just the QB or even the talent level overall. There are a hundred things that have to go right to win a championship, let alone multiples. Tom Brady is the outlier of all outliers in the game of football. Lots of HOF QBs won a SB and never even got back the next year to have a shot. Brees, Rodgers, Rothlesburger current. Even Peyton Manning recently. Take Brady out of the equation and only Mahomes and Wilson have made it back the following year since the 90s. (Aikman, Favre, Elway). Mahomes and Wilson both needed a good amount of luck to do it as well. Mahomes gets K.O.'d vs the Browns but the Chiefs managed to win. Wilson needed a whole bunch of stuff in the 2014 NFCCG and thanks to Mike McCarthy and the Packers total fold and some hugely flukey plays that were more dumb luck than anything, Seattle got back. If I would have been in the booth last night, I would likely be in jail right now because I would have smashed a chair over Romo's head with this nonsense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I find it laughable that any fan thinks winning SBs is just the QB or even the talent level overall. There are a hundred things that have to go right to win a championship, let alone multiples. Tom Brady is the outlier of all outliers in the game of football. Lots of HOF QBs won a SB and never even got back the next year to have a shot. Brees, Rodgers, Rothlesburger current. Even Peyton Manning recently. Take Brady out of the equation and only Mahomes and Wilson have made it back the following year since the 90s. (Aikman, Favre, Elway). Mahomes and Wilson both needed a good amount of luck to do it as well. Mahomes gets K.O.'d vs the Browns but the Chiefs managed to win. Wilson needed a whole bunch of stuff in the 2014 NFCCG and thanks to Mike McCarthy and the Packers total fold and some hugely flukey plays that were more dumb luck than anything, Seattle got back. If I would have been in the booth last night, I would likely be in jail right now because I would have smashed a chair over Romo's head with this nonsense.

100%. Gotta recognize his teammates and great luck. Tuck rule, some very close wins in the Super Bowl, the Chiefs missing offensive linemen, and you can argue that it was his defenses that won the last 2 Super Bowls for his teams.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have a different interpretation of the law of averages and being proven right.

The law of averages would mean that if you say enough things you are bound to be right in some time. As for this time, see my previous comments in this thread.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%. Gotta recognize his teammates and great luck. Tuck rule, some very close wins in the Super Bowl, the Chiefs missing offensive linemen, and you can argue that it was his defenses that won the last 2 Super Bowls for his teams.
Teammates - of course. Nobody ever won the SB by himself.
Chiefs missing - of course. Nobody ever won the SB without some injuries on team
Defense - Nobody ever won a SB without a contributing defense
Last but not least - won close games? Would he have been better if he lost them? It's the SB!!!!!! Usually TWO teams battling it out!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole 'GOAT' conversation was to get Patriots fans involved. Judging by the ratings it worked as there were more people watching in Boston than Tampa.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas oddsmakers have the Chiefs as the favorite to win the Super Bowl next year.

Chiefs
Packers
Buccaneers
Bills
Ravens
Rams
49ers
Saints
Browns
Seahawks
Colts
Dolphins
Titans
Cowboys
Chargers
Steelers
Patriots
Vikings
Cardinals
Raiders
Panthers
Bears
Falcons
Washington
Eagles
Broncos
Giants
Jaguars
Bengals
Jets
Texans
Lions

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas oddsmakers have the Chiefs as the favorite to win the Super Bowl next year.

Chiefs
Packers
Buccaneers
Bills
Ravens
Rams
49ers
Saints
Browns
Seahawks
Colts
Dolphins
Titans
Cowboys
Chargers
Steelers
Patriots
Vikings
Cardinals
Raiders
Panthers
Bears
Falcons
Washington
Eagles
Broncos
Giants
Jaguars
Bengals
Jets
Texans
Lions
The quest to start the 3peat.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, cant help but think of the Seahawks of 6 years ago. Brady perhaps derailing another dynasty? Its easy to assume Mahomes is good enough to get back, but its never that simple

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys busting his chops? He clearly meant that they would lose this year, otherwise after they win the next 3 it would have been 5 in a row...

Cecily Strong Season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, cant help but think of the Seahawks of 6 years ago. Brady perhaps derailing another dynasty? Its easy to assume Mahomes is good enough to get back, but its never that simple
Oh, that’s exactly what happened in that game. Not rubbing it in. Just saying what I said the day it happened. The Seahawks were never going to recover from that one.