• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Sunday night game in week 17.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL finalizes Week 17 schedule; no Sunday Night Football game

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 31

Green Bay at Detroit (1 p.m., FOX)
Houston at Indianapolis (1 p.m., CBS)
Chicago at Minnesota (1 p.m., FOX)
New York Jets at New England (1 p.m., CBS)
Washington at New York Giants (1 p.m., FOX)
Dallas at Philadelphia (1 p.m., FOX)
Cleveland at Pittsburgh (1 p.m., CBS)

Carolina at Atlanta (4:25 p.m., FOX)
Cincinnati at Baltimore (4:25 p.m., CBS)
Kansas City at Denver (4:25 p.m., CBS)
Oakland at Los Angeles Chargers (4:25 p.m., CBS)
San Francisco at Los Angeles Rams (4:25 p.m., FOX)
Buffalo at Miami (4:25 p.m., CBS)
Arizona at Seattle (4:25 p.m., FOX)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay (4:25 p.m., FOX)
Jacksonville at Tennessee (4:25 p.m., CBS)

This makes sense. It's just strange, I can't remember this ever happening.

Even putting a meaningless Sunday night game on would still get some viewers.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We felt that both from a competitive standpoint and from a fan perspective, the most fair thing to do is to schedule all Week 17 games in either the 1 p.m. or 4:25 p.m. ET windows,"

Yeah, all season long they show garbage games in some markets, and most of the night games are between one or two total trash teams, and suddenly they're all concerned about "fan perspective?" What bullshit.

Show Carolina-Atlanta at night. Regardless of playoff implications, this game is going to be a well-matched battle with emotional consequences to both teams.

Even better, show the Rams against the 49ers. I've only seen like 2 Rams games all season, and what football fan does not want to watch Jimmy G. and the Niners?

Fuck it. Show faggots doing Morris Dancing in Times Square to Justin Bieber music until midnight.

Dilly Dilly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show Carolina-Atlanta at night. Regardless of playoff implications, this game is going to be a well-matched battle with emotional consequences to both teams.

Bullshit. If the Saints won then the Panthers would have nothing to play for and would have likely treated that game as a preseason game.

The right decision was made

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i guess nobody knows its new years eve:suds:

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this was the right call.

Even Tennessee's game can be rendered irrelevant with LAC and BUF losses. BUF could lose on the road at Miami, and the Chargers would certainly be expected to beat Oakland. However, they haven't looked very good the past two weeks and divisional games can get tricky.

IMO, it's the right call.

FWIW, they played this in the opposite fashion in 2006. Flexed the Bears/Packers. Packers were considered a long-shot to get eliminated from the final wild card during the day. The Bears had been locked into home-field and the #1 seed since Week 15.

Wouldn't you know? All of that shit happened to eliminate the Pack. So, featured as the Week 17 season finale matchup, was the eliminated Pack vs the Bears scrubs. Led mostly by Brian Griese during the game. Favre lit-up the Bears backups. Rex Grossman admitted afterwards that he was mostly thinking about getting out of the game to go and party. He then got shit from that for weeks from the media. It was literally a pre-season game, and no one gave a fuck.

I didn't give a fuck either, and got blackout hammered at my underaged drinking NYE party. lol