• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Meltdown Thread from the NC Game?

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original 5 included Major.
giphy.gif

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Alabama had that ass whooping coming for awhile. Just glad it didn't happen to OU.

The Arky game was the first time I was concerned. I just never felt good about this defense after that (even with the shutouts).

I fully expected to struggle in the secondary, especially after losing Diggs. That said, I just don’t understand how we were no better on the front 7. You have 3 NFL guys there. I realize losing Lewis hurt, but damn. Something was up other than simple underperformance.

I believe some housecleaning is in order. I don’t know if Tosh is the issue or player attitude problems, but our D list their composure in BOTH CFP games.

Under Saban, the one thing we usually could count on was being the more disciplined team. That wasn’t the case this year.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one i just posted, perhaps go to urban dictionary, its a common used slang site, been around for years, surely you have heard of it. Its on there. If you havent heard it used that way, thats fine too.

and yes some of it was humor, but lets not kid ourselves, that ALL if twitter was trolling auburn, after a NC loss. You really are saying auburn was in their heads that much, that THAT is what they were thinking of after the loss.

Except when I got to Urban Dictionary, it says...A COMMON MISSPELLING OF RENEGE. NOT a common used slang.

So I have to wonder the purposeful use if this need to use it when Urban Dictionary clearly states that it is incorrect. Hmmmm

So, how many THOUSANDS of fire Saban posts did you see? We were actually discussing this on another site about having a bit of fun with the #FireSaban hashtag.

Yes, the vast majority are just having fun.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when I got to Urban Dictionary, it says...A COMMON MISSPELLING OF RENEGE. NOT a common used slang.

So I have to wonder the purposeful use if this need to use it when Urban Dictionary clearly states that it is incorrect. Hmmmm

So, how many THOUSANDS of fire Saban posts did you see? We were actually discussing this on another site about having a bit of fun with the #FireSaban hashtag.

Yes, the vast majority are just having fun.
ok whatever on the urban dictionary, i dont really care. THere are multiple uses listed there. I was merely pointing out that SOME of us idiots do use it incorrectly that way.

Again, like i said THis was ESPN radio reading them. I certainly am no searching for them, I have no dog in thefight nor am i that concerned. Was again, merely stating that it was amusing.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arky game was the first time I was concerned. I just never felt good about this defense after that (even with the shutouts).

I fully expected to struggle in the secondary, especially after losing Diggs. That said, I just don’t understand how we were no better on the front 7. You have 3 NFL guys there. I realize losing Lewis hurt, but damn. Something was up other than simple underperformance.

I believe some housecleaning is in order. I don’t know if Tosh is the issue or player attitude problems, but our D list their composure in BOTH CFP games.

Under Saban, the one thing we usually could count on was being the more disciplined team. That wasn’t the case this year.
Yeah the linebackers in coverage was a problem all year. Surtain is a great talent but the Playoffs in general were too big for him. He was lost in both games but as a Freshman he will improve. People talk about Lawrence's performance and he did play well. But he had a lot of wide open players to throw too. It was sickening to see that many mental busts.

Here is why I am disappointed in Lupoi. In years past Alabama would have problems early in the season and improve it as the season went on. This is the first year I didn't see much improvement from week 1 to the last game in the play of the linebackers. The secondary went up and down all year but there is a lot of youth there. Lupoi doesn't seem to be able to evaluate what needs to be worked on as well as Smart and Pruitt did.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok whatever on the urban dictionary, i dont really care. THere are multiple uses listed there. I was merely pointing out that SOME of us idiots do use it incorrectly that way.

Again, like i said THis was ESPN radio reading them. I certainly am no searching for them, I have no dog in thefight nor am i that concerned. Was again, merely stating that it was amusing.

It was funny. I saw the hashtag and read some. Most were tongue-in-cheek and I laughed a lot. That they got taken seriously made me laugh harder.

That ESPN took it seriously makes me laugh even harder.

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one i just posted, perhaps go to urban dictionary, its a common used slang site, been around for years, surely you have heard of it. Its on there. If you havent heard it used that way, thats fine too.

and yes some of it was humor, but lets not kid ourselves, that ALL if twitter was trolling auburn, after a NC loss. You really are saying auburn was in their heads that much, that THAT is what they were thinking of after the loss.
We’re in their heads all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

In their defense, us Auburn fans do tend to get a bit bipolar with regards to Malzahn and whether or not he should stay or go.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, there seems to be a bit of a meltdown brewing in a thread started by Immatiger to dial back some of their own "noobs" over there who are running a bit wild over the win.

Already one of the noobs has jumped on him.

Every fanbase has some troublemakers

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re in their heads all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

In their defense, us Auburn fans do tend to get a bit bipolar with regards to Malzahn and whether or not he should stay or go.

I don’t think it’s “news” to anybody that we have some fringe lunatics in our case. It wouldn’t shock me if the 3 posters BG and I cited are among those going postal.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s “news” to anybody that we have some fringe lunatics in our case. It wouldn’t shock me if the 3 posters BG and I cited are among those going postal.

I just checked, there's a #FireKirbySmart about him not being able to beat Saban.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, there seems to be a bit of a meltdown brewing in a thread started by Immatiger to dial back some of their own "noobs" over there who are running a bit wild over the win.

Already one of the noobs has jumped on him.

Every fanbase has some troublemakers

I remember in 2013 Duckboy started the weekly rankings. After we gave up
42 to TAMU and were blah against Colorado St., I had us at #6. A couple of “our” fans told me I “wasn’t really a Bama fan”.

Note that it was a MEANINGLESS poll and we actually finished 7th that year. Maybe I was more of a homer than they thought. In general, nothing is more ridiculous than getting upset over one of your fans being critical of something. No team/program is perfect.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the loudmouth idiots who are always noticed before the calmer ones.

I will say this for BOTH of our fan bases on the whole. MOST fans of teams we faced (especially OOC) rate is among the best they’ve encountered.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the loudmouth idiots who are always noticed before the calmer ones.

And the ones always "cited" by losers like moron as examples of arrogance & bad behavior. Meanwhile ignoring our efforts to dial them back.

When we have decided to have a bit of fun (like the BP5), instead of realizing it's more of a goofy, fun thing, they get their depends rustled.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He “should have” beaten Saban twice. Both games he blew big leads. That says more about Smart than Saban.

That being said, it would be foolish to panic on Smart right now.

People have to remember, he had a freshman QB in the CFPCG and a very young defense this season. I’d say the losses to Bama would trouble me less than 3 straight seasons with huge blowout losses on the road to other SECW teams.