• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Game Thread for USC v. BC?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State is going to be in for it when they play USC. Sarkisian will have the Trojans ready and I expect them to throttle the Beavers. OSU struggled to beat Portland State and Hawaii, it could get ugly fast.

Fortunately, we get the Beavs at the Coliseum and after a bye week. It'll be a great opportunity for the coaching staff to spend some extra time coaching up the young guys, let some nagging injuries heal and rest up from back to back physical games.

The Beavs are no joke under Riley though. They typically start slow and then start getting momentum about the 3rd or 4th game of the season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Sees TJ and runs for them thar hills*

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately, we get the Beavs at the Coliseum and after a bye week. It'll be a great opportunity for the coaching staff to spend some extra time coaching up the young guys, let some nagging injuries heal and rest up from back to back physical games.

The Beavs are no joke under Riley though. They typically start slow and then start getting momentum about the 3rd or 4th game of the season.

True.....they have found a very good coach in him.....but I expect USC at home to send a message after yesterday.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this tells me why Sarkisian was a good hire for your program. I'm not arguing that Wisconsin is a better program than USC. It's why it's all the more mystifying that your program hire a guy who failed to do anything at one of our peer schools.

Couple of points. You have to remember the state of UW's program when Sark took over. They were coming off an 0-12 season and their AD at the time had all but destroyed the athletic department.

UW also doesn't get the athletes that USC does and was competing in the PAC North which has been stronger than the South.

Sark knows USC, knows the expectations and knows how to recruit the area. He just signed the top recruiting class in the PAC and that was after being hired late and having fewer schollies to offer.

End of the day, I think he'll do just fine. If he doesn't. He'll be shown the door and we'll bring in someone else.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.....they have found a very good coach in him.....but I expect USC at home to send a message after yesterday.

I think you're probably right. They will want to show that what happened yesterday was an anomaly and the coaches should have no problem holding their attention. I just have a ton of respect for Riley.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of points. You have to remember the state of UW's program when Sark took over. They were coming off an 0-12 season and their AD at the time had all but destroyed the athletic department.

UW also doesn't get the athletes that USC does and was competing in the PAC North which has been stronger than the South.

Sark knows USC, knows the expectations and knows how to recruit the area. He just signed the top recruiting class in the PAC and that was after being hired late and having fewer schollies to offer.

End of the day, I think he'll do just fine. If he doesn't. He'll be shown the door and we'll bring in someone else.

Exactly, the Huskies had fallen off the college football map at that point. Sark turned them back around.