• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, as I've never heard of the NFL talking to the player concerning possible discipline to be handed out. I'm not saying it doesn't/never happened in the past, just I haven't heard of it.
Yeah I was a little surprised. Guess it doesn't happen much as in most cases the player wants no suspension and just waits to see if there will even be one. at this point, likely Watson knows something is coming. Saves time, I guess, to try and agree as opposed to one being handed down then appealing?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still can only speculate what those deals were. So stop claiming it as a fact.

There is no stopping any owner from calling McNair or whomever she may have handling football operations and saying, we'd like to offer you... for Watson.
I never said I knew what the deals were, only that they had to be offers Houston would accept. You claimed this was not true. I mean, this is at least goal post moving by you and not just lying.

That last comment makes no sense as that's exactly what did happen (so who said no one stopping anyone?). Teams with an interest in talking to watson made offers. If they were offers Houston would accept they got to meet with Watson.

are you just messing with me or are you really having this tough a time following along here?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh

report: NFLPA thinks NFL wants to suspend Deshaun Watson for 2022 (from brownswire)

The NFLPA thinks the NFL might even choose an indefinite suspension lasting at least one year.

You hear anything about this?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised by this news at all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this will either be multiple seasons or indefinite

The pay of the land on these types of cases points to that being the outcome

With Bauer suspended 2 years in MLB, Ridley getting a year for gambling and allegations still trickling in with 4 active cases i just can't see anyway the league can go less than 1.5 to 2 years

Even 1 year will draw huge questions about league priorities re gambling vs sexual abuse especially when comped to baseball

It almost has to be similar to what Bauer got of you're not going indefinite til literally everything is settled

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Bauer suspended 2 years in MLB, Ridley getting a year for gambling and allegations still trickling in with 4 active cases i just can't see anyway the league can go less than 1.5 to 2 years

Even 1 year will draw huge questions about league priorities re gambling vs sexual abuse especially when comped to baseball

It almost has to be similar to what Bauer got of you're not going indefinite til literally everything is settled
By golly we have a winner!!

All one needs to do is ask what the politically right thing is to do

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By golly we have a winner!!

All one needs to do is ask what the politically right thing is to do
Well, DW is black ya know. Talking about politically correct and all

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That meme I posted had 60 games but if that happened it'd be appealed down to 20-25 games.

I think he gets at least a year when it's all said and done, maybe the '23 season and let him play this coming season.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That meme I posted had 60 games but if that happened it'd be appealed down to 20-25 games.

I think he gets at least a year when it's all said and done, maybe the '23 season and let him play this coming season.
Maybe it's a year with the caveat that for him to return in '23 ALL lawsuits must be finalized, and he has to re-apply. This suspends him for the year, and if everything closes without any additional flareups or issues, he can return in '23. If more things get out, and things look worse, the NFL can reject the application for reinstatement, if needed, or re-instate him with additional games missed (say 4-6 for example) in '23.

This allows Watson to return after a year, as long as it stays "clean", but also protects the NFL if more information gets out, and things don't go smoothly for Watson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's a year with the caveat that for him to return in '23 ALL lawsuits must be finalized, and he has to re-apply. This suspends him for the year, and if everything closes without any additional flareups or issues, he can return in '23. If more things get out, and things look worse, the NFL can reject the application for reinstatement, if needed, or re-instate him with additional games missed (say 4-6 for example) in '23.

This allows Watson to return after a year, as long as it stays "clean", but also protects the NFL if more information gets out, and things don't go smoothly for Watson.
Though less games (maybe a lot less) wont surprise me at all I could see this as the outcome.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except, Bauer admitted to a more violent "choking" sexual incident.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. Still would be a tough explanation for the league on why Watsons suspension is the same as Ridleys and so much less than another pro sports league did for far less accusers

I'm just not sure how the league doesn't get buried unless it's at least 1.5-2 years

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, Bauer admitted to a more violent "choking" sexual incident.
Yeah but that was ruled consensual by the judge too. It's a tough situation for sure

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that was ruled consensual by the judge too. It's a tough situation for sure
Sure it was...still looks bad and that is why he got as long a suspension as he did....although it should have been time served.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought a 1 year suspension with a requirement for requesting reinstatement makes the most sense for the league. It gives the league almost a year to watch things play out and ensure that there are no more 'gotchas' or new complaints. It also gets the story out of the media for a while and then they can quietly reinstate him at a dead time of the year (next Spring) and move on without as much media attention.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Still would be a tough explanation for the league on why Watsons suspension is the same as Ridleys and so much less than another pro sports league did for far less accusers

I'm just not sure how the league doesn't get buried unless it's at least 1.5-2 years
I do agree, but they could say he already sat out the '21 season, and that the '22 suspension is conditional with him having to re-apply for the league. That would basically be a 2 year suspension, with conditional reinstatement.