• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLDS prediction thread: too soon?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's an issue, why not leave Whiteside off the roster? If there is an emergency, we could use Pablo.

I know it's really risky, but it's not like we've been using Eli, or are going to use him anyway.

Pablo has not caught since ST. I think going without a good defensive catcher BU is just playing with fire. The cost/benefit does not work.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Roster Prediction:

Pitchers:

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
MadBum
Wilson
Romo
Lopez
Affeldt
Casilla
Ramirez

Starters:

C- Posey
1B- Huff
2B- Sanchez
3B- Sandoval
SS- Uribe
LF- Burrell
CF- Torres
RF- Guillen

Bench:

Ross- OF
Schierholtz- OF
Rowand- OF
Renteria- SS
Fontenot- 2B/3B/SS
Ishikawa- 1B
Whiteside- C

10 pitchers
15 position players

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a five-game series, there is no such thing as a "Mop-up Guy". Every inning is critical and every out is vital (and every sperm is useful).

Having a guy on the roster for that roll during the regular season makes sense. The regular season is a marathon. But during the playoffs, it is absolutely a sprint.

actually, every sperm is SACRED
every sperm is good
every sperm is needed
in your neighborhood.

Let the heathens spill thiers
on the dusty plain
G-d will strike them down for
each sperm that's spilled in vain.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every sperm is good
every sperm is needed
in your neighborhood.

on the dusty plain

Even though I butchered it, I am glad SOMEONE caught the reference :)

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every sperm is good
every sperm is needed
in your neighborhood.

on the dusty plain

What a great movie. If any of the youngens haven't watched The Meaning of Life, they're really missing out. Maybe we could use some of these on some of the wanks on the ESPN board.

Grim Reaper: Englishmen, you're all so fucking pompous. None of you have got any balls.

Grim Reaper: Shut up, you American. You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say "let me tell you something" and "I just wanna say." Well, you're dead now, so shut up.

Maitre d': Good evening sir and how are we today?
Mr. Creosote: Better.
Maitre d': Better?
Mr. Creosote: Better get a bucket. I'm gonna throw up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you care for a wafer thin mint?

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It isn't going to happen, but how crazy would it be if Zito and Rowand were both left off of the playoff roster? Even if they're on it, they're not going to be used much. What is that? $30 million not even being used in the post season? Gnarly. Sadly, it probably makes the Giants a better team.

Actually I think there's a better than 50/50 chance both will be left off. Bochy already tipped his hand on Zito -- not just on him not starting but he also said they'd be confident if they didn't have a long relief guy with the personnel they have. And we'll see about Rowand but I'm thinking it's likely that he's the odd man out among position players too.

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me throw another personnel decision into the mix. Anyone else think there's a chance Ross might get the nod in RF over Guillen? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me throw another personnel decision into the mix. Anyone else think there's a chance Ross might get the nod in RF over Guillen? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

That is what I would prefer, but I have not been a fence rider on the Guillen situation from the beginning.

There has been some media analysis lately that suggests that the Giants should AT LEAST start Ross over Guillen, but I doubt even that will happen.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you care for a wafer thin mint?

Have I got one? Uh, well, no, but I can go down the road any time I want and walk into Harry's and hold my head up high and say in a loud, steady voice, 'Harry, I want you to sell me a condom. In fact, today, I think I'll have a French Tickler, for I am a Protestant.'

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I would prefer, but I have not been a fence rider on the Guillen situation from the beginning.

There has been some media analysis lately that suggests that the Giants should AT LEAST start Ross over Guillen, but I doubt even that will happen.

+1. I never really liked Guillen, but figured Sabes and Co. know what they're doing. I'd prefer Ross in RF, but he won't get in until the sixth inning.

Hopefully, Guillen goes off and makes all us fence sitters look bad.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Curt Schilling picked the Braves in three.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Curt Schilling picked the Braves in three.

What a tool.

He hates liberals, so he hates SF.

The only things I'd ask Schilling's opinion on are where to buy some good PEDs and who makes the best ice cream sundaes.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason he picked the Braves is because he WANTS to see Bobby Cox leave on a high note.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Epic failure of a troll thread at ESPN. Read's a bit like something Nolan writes on a daily basis. Don't you think?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
extrabaggs tweets:

Bochy just said Rowand will be on his postseason roster.

Bochy said he has talked to Zito and "will talk to him about his situation." Pretty clear telegraph that Zito is off the postseason roster.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
extrabaggs tweets:

Bochy just said Rowand will be on his postseason roster.

Bochy said he has talked to Zito and "will talk to him about his situation." Pretty clear telegraph that Zito is off the postseason roster.

A little surprising, but I'm ok with both of these decisions. If Zito is upset I definitely don't blame him.....but the only place he should be looking is in the mirror. I'm sorry, but in my opinion his numbers in the postseason with the Athletics are those of a different pitcher. Some say you can never step into the same river twice......well, this ain't the same Zito from the past as far as I'm concerned, lol.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A little surprising, but I'm ok with both of these decisions. If Zito is upset I definitely don't blame him.....but the only place he should be looking is in the mirror. I'm sorry, but in my opinion his numbers in the postseason with the Athletics are those of a different pitcher. Some say you can never step into the same river twice......well, this ain't the same Zito from the past as far as I'm concerned, lol.

Non-stationarity. ;)