• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Mets

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because I was clearly implying that the blame falls on Kershaw even in games he doesn't play, lol. He's gotten 8 runs of support in his last 29 1/3 innings in the postseason, but hey Kershaw couldn't manage to hit that 3-run homer and pitch a CGSO so he's a terrible postseason pitcher.

He'd be much better served if he stopped giving up HUGE home runs in the postseason and good grief @ his 7th inning postseason performances. Yeah, those 8 runs in over 3 games worth of play isn't helping him for sure. Neither is his ERA though.

I just found it humorous that you compared him to LeBron and seemed, I dunno, verklempted, as to why that's both rather appropriate and somewhat inappropriate. He gets a lotta accolades and jock riders in the reg season like LeBron. He's come up rather lacking in the postseason, some would opine like Lebron. Unlike LeBron he has no Championship hardware whatsoever.

Some believe it isn't all on Kershaw.
Screwball Baseball: Clayton Kershaw's Postseason Woes Lie at Mattingly and Colletti's Feet

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because I was clearly implying that the blame falls on Kershaw even in games he doesn't play, lol. He's gotten 8 runs of support in his last 29 1/3 innings in the postseason, but hey Kershaw couldn't manage to hit that 3-run homer and pitch a CGSO so he's a terrible postseason pitcher.
In the playoffs, he will be facing the other teams Ace, more times than not. Run support is not an excuse. The opposing pitcher COULD use the excuse of "I was facing Kershaw, how could I possibly win". Instead, more often than not, Kershaw gets outshined in these games.

I acknowledge that Kershaw is an absolute beast. He would be one of first SPs I would want on my team. But he is not a clutch pitcher. I am not saying he is a choker (cough Price cough, cough Shields cough). He just does not seem to have that little extra that some guys are able to find.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be much better served if he stopped giving up HUGE home runs in the postseason and good grief @ his 7th inning postseason performances. Yeah, those 8 runs in over 3 games worth of play isn't helping him for sure. Neither is his ERA though.

I just found it humorous that you compared him to LeBron and seemed, I dunno, verklempted, as to why that's both rather appropriate and somewhat inappropriate. He gets a lotta accolades and jock riders in the reg season like LeBron. He's come up rather lacking in the postseason, some would opine like Lebron. Unlike LeBron he has no Championship hardware whatsoever.

Some believe it isn't all on Kershaw.
Screwball Baseball: Clayton Kershaw's Postseason Woes Lie at Mattingly and Colletti's Feet

Verklempted yet I found it funny? Pretty huge assumption based on text. The comparison I made to LeBron was extremely minor, these are 2 very different sports after all.

It's only smart to believe that it's not all on Kershaw, this is baseball, there are about 10 different things you can blame after every loss. I'm not trying to make excuses for his mistakes, but neither am I saying he is the sole reason for the Dodgers losing. If you think last night was a 'seriously shitty outing' then you don't know very much about baseball.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verklempted yet I found it funny? Pretty huge assumption based on text. The comparison I made to LeBron was extremely minor, these are 2 very different sports after all.

It's only smart to believe that it's not all on Kershaw, this is baseball, there are about 10 different things you can blame after every loss. I'm not trying to make excuses for his mistakes, but neither am I saying he is the sole reason for the Dodgers losing. If you think last night was a 'seriously shitty outing' then you don't know very much about baseball.
While I argue that Kershaw is not clutch (he isn't until he shows it, WITH RESULTS), I will acknowledge that the dogs' lack of a bully and Donnies empty-headedness are AT LEAST as much to blame as Kershaw himself.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about leaving your mark on the game.

In the fourth inning of the Mets' 3-1 win over the Dodgers in Game 1 of the NLDS on Friday, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy smashed a baseball so hard he literally left his name on it.

That's from the ink stamped on his bat. Essentially, Murphy tattooed his 407-foot shot with the reverse image of his name.

Here's a photo of how his name looks on the barrel of his bats.

The shot gave the Mets a 1-0 lead. ESPN Stats & Info notes that Carlos Delgado and Edgardo Alfonzo are the only other Mets to hit a dinger in their postseason debut.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I argue that Kershaw is not clutch (he isn't until he shows it, WITH RESULTS), I will acknowledge that the dogs' lack of a bully and Donnies empty-headedness are AT LEAST as much to blame as Kershaw himself.

I did say Mattingly would be on the hot seat this season if the Dodgers were eliminated in the NLDS, I still believe that. It's hard not to ponder what a guy like Maddon could have done with this roster.

How do you not bunt Turner over to third after that leadoff double in a pitcher's duel.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo-Anus not going to go hitless tonight

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conforto! How do you like that??

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can count on either the dodgers or nats to lay an egg yearly. It is a lock

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Kershaw

Regular Season Career - 114 wins 56 losses and 2.43 ERA

Postseason Career - 1 win 6 losses and 4.99 ERA

I've been pulling for Kershaw these past few years and I understand the run support hasn't been the best...but when you are an ace like Kershaw it is on you to be dominant in the post season...and he hasn't been anywhere close to that

Is it the pressure of the post season? Unfortunate match ups? I don't get it. Kershaw will go a stretch of a month or a month and a half giving up only 1 or 2 runs total. The guy should be owning the post season and carrying the Dodgers to championship glory like Lincecum did for the Giants.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Kershaw

I've been pulling for Kershaw these past few years and I understand the run support hasn't been the best...but when you are an ace like Kershaw it is on you to be dominant in the post season...and he hasn't been anywhere close to that

Is it the pressure of the post season? Unfortunate match ups? I don't get it. Kershaw will go a stretch of a month or a month and a half giving up only 1 or 2 runs total. The guy should be owning the post season and carrying the Dodgers to championship glory like Lincecum did for the Giants.
He was pretty good last night for 99 games out of 100. Just the guy he was facing pitched the one game out of 100 that was better

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Kershaw

This should have been posted after last year in st. Louis but not last night. Through 6.2 IP he gave up 1 run. Mattingly decided to take him out with the bases loaded for a mediocre reliever who couldn't get Wright out.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good last night for 99 games out of 100. Just the guy he was facing pitched the one game out of 100 that was better

Yeah I watched that game. Kershaw pitched well. Thought they should have kept him out there to get out of the inning himself. Maybe he still gives up those runs though who knows.

Tip my cap to Degrom. Hell of a game.