• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Wildcard Race

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just went into L.A. and started 3 rookie pictures and swept the Dodgers. They have a tough schedule the rest of the way, but they are in it.

Hey if a team can sweep the NL champs starting a bunch of artwork they got a good shot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude, we're saying your team is as much in the playoff hunt this year as any other NL team. You thought they weren't good against bad teams and we showed you the numbers where you're wrong. We're saying knock off the Debbie Downer act and have some fun.

He pulled the same stunt with the Broncos on the NFL board the year they won the superbowl.

Dude is a lame

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pulled the same stunt with the Broncos on the NFL board the year they won the superbowl.

Dude is a lame

Reminds me of @Montalban. Some fans just rip their teams all year so they can say they were right, or if they actually win it they can say 'oh I'm so happy I was wrong, yay team!'

Did he celebrate like he was a Broncos superfan after they won?

It's the weakest fandom there is.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude is a lame

Sorry I’m a realist. And the Rockies will do what they usually do which is fool everyone into thinking they have a chance when they will fade away when it counts, sorry if that’s too real for you.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of @Montalban. Some fans just rip their teams all year so they can say they were right, or if they actually win it they can say 'oh I'm so happy I was wrong, yay team!'

Did he celebrate like he was a Broncos superfan after they won?

It's the weakest fandom there is.

The Broncos had a history of choking when it mattered, they proved me wrong that year but it doesn’t mean I have to be a blind homer who can’t admit his teams faults. The Rockies haven’t proven to me that they can win when it matters so I won’t treat them as such until they can show me they won’t blow up when it matters.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I’m a realist. And the Rockies will do what they usually do which is fool everyone into thinking they have a chance when they will fade away when it counts, sorry if that’s too real for you.

LOL yeah that's the line all you mopes use, being 'real'. Sure, most years your team doesn't win but sometimes they do (Broncos). So you just keep up this gay ass fandom and you can either say you were so smart or you can be all 'oh yay we won, I'm so happy!'

It's not being 'real' it's bush league. Real is @Bolts knowing the Kings don't have a chance in hell. And yet he's still a fan. He's got more fandom in his pinkie than you have in your entire vagina.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos had a history of choking when it mattered, they proved me wrong that year but it doesn’t mean I have to be a blind homer who can’t admit his teams faults. The Rockies haven’t proven to me that they can win when it matters so I won’t treat them as such until they can show me they won’t blow up when it matters.

Look, at the end of the year only one team will prove they won't blow up when it matters. But if I'm a fan of the teams that are in it but don't win, I root for them and actually hope they win not just write them off. That's called enjoying sports. What you do is gheyer than Zachary Quinto at a CLay Aiken show.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yeah that's the line all you mopes use, being 'real'. Sure, most years your team doesn't win but sometimes they do (Broncos). So you just keep up this gay ass fandom and you can either say you were so smart or you can be all 'oh yay we won, I'm so happy!'

It's not being 'real' it's bush league. Real is @Bolts knowing the Kings don't have a chance in hell. And yet he's still a fan. He's got more fandom in his pinkie than you have in your entire vagina.

Sorry me not being a blind homer who pretends his team is magical and can do no wrong offends you. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's a duck. I call it like I see it and after every year thinking "maybe this year will be the year they don't blow it" and then they do I'm not gonna overlook their faults to make some internet assclown think I'm a real fan.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are not a fan? You knew their history before the season started.
Cubs had a worse history. Astros was pretty bad too. The Brewers should quit now too.
Past history has no relevance to the current season.

Well said!

With all 5 spots still very much up in the air in the NL playoff picture it's anyone's guess as to how all of this will look when the final regular season standings are posted. I'm just glad the Cubs have some makeup games coming up which I think includes a couple of doubleheaders which are not easy to sweep.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry me not being a blind homer who pretends his team is magical and can do no wrong offends you. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's a duck. I call it like I see it and after every year thinking "maybe this year will be the year they don't blow it" and then they do I'm not gonna overlook their faults to make some internet assclown think I'm a real fan.

OK fine, but I have one last question. How do you get the condom to stay on your guy's dick when he's boning you in the rear? Isn't it kind of tight, wouldn't that make it roll off?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know sometimes I get really down on the Kings or Padres and will even say I hate them out of frustration of things they're doing or not doing, but yeah I'm still a fan and will support them through all the bad which there is a lot of. Chargers left for LA and I couldn't see myself rooting for an LA team so I think that's different. This guy being a Debbie downer when his team is actually good is just sad, the ultimate goal is to win the title but only one does it every year and in baseball it's way more of a toss up than in the NBA or NFL. You should enjoy when your team is fighting for a postseason spot instead of assuming they'll fail because they have before(news flash:every sports team ever has failed to win a title). Don't have to always be positive but always being negative is ridiculous, even I'm not like that.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone saying you have to be a blind homer? No
But you don't have to be so damn pessimistic either. I mean they did get one of the final 5 NL spots last year, why can't it happen again? And I don't think there is one NL team head and shoulders above the rest so if they get in anything can happen. Even if they don't make it they'll likely finish over .500 and have a lot of good players to build around going into 2019. Pull the stick out of your ass and try to enjoy the rest of the Rockies season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone saying you have to be a blind homer? No
But you don't have to be so damn pessimistic either. I mean they did get one of the final 5 NL spots last year, why can't it happen again? And I don't think there is one NL team head and shoulders above the rest so if they get in anything can happen. Even if they don't make it they'll likely finish over .500 and have a lot of good players to build around going into 2019. Pull the stick out of your ass and try to enjoy the rest of the Rockies season.

Bolts, Great advice to Duffman but with that said I hope his pessimistic view will work for three more games since my Cardinals begin a three game series in Colorado tonight.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts, Great advice to Duffman but with that said I hope his pessimistic view will work for three more games since my Cardinals begin a three game series in Colorado tonight.
With the way the Cards have been playing, he might have a reason to be down on his team after this series. Gonna be a big test for the Rockies.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Cards have been playing, he might have a reason to be down on his team after this series. Gonna be a big test for the Rockies.

Unlike Duffman I'm going to remain optimistic about my redbirds until the math says we've got to go home and watch the playoffs on TV.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Duffman I'm going to remain optimistic about my redbirds until the math says we've got to go home and watch the playoffs on TV.
Helps that the Cards have proven in the past they can go on runs in the 2nd half or even final month to make the postseason and win a championship, but even without that type of history for the Rockies there are reasons to be optimistic despite him choosing to not be. My team lost by 10 runs tonight so...I'm more on the pessimistic side right now.

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves lost to the Marlins tonight. Season over. Trade Freddie Freeman and Ronald Acuna to a team with a future.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helps that the Cards have proven in the past they can go on runs in the 2nd half or even final month to make the postseason and win a championship, but even without that type of history for the Rockies there are reasons to be optimistic despite him choosing to not be. My team lost by 10 runs tonight so...I'm more on the pessimistic side right now.

I hear you man about your team losing by 10 runs last night. Sometimes I feel like some of the football teams that I follow lose by 10 touchdowns, well maybe not quite, but I remain loyal to them.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves lost to the Marlins tonight. Season over. Trade Freddie Freeman and Ronald Acuna to a team with a future.

Chew, As kind of a new guy on the block here, even though I'm an ole guy, I've read a lot of your posts and I respect your knowledge for the game of baseball and I mean that. I like the Braves a lot too and I have attended many of their home games in the past. The Braves continue to have a big fan base here in NC and I've asked several of my buddies who are huge Braves fans this same question many times and their answer is always "I don't know." Hopefully you can give me a better answer.

How did Bobby Cox win only one championship with Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Bobby Cox win only one championship with Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery?
Its just really difficult to win championships.

Heck, I remember being surprised when they actually beat the Indians with the WS they actually won